Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by vande07 View Post
    Totally agree, but I would question why they need countless support divisions. WoO and Lucas should be able to run a 1 division show at a majority of their events. Gotta get kids more interested IMO, or LM's will see decreasing attendance soon.
    good point!!! . plus if you aint in feature you often want to load up and head home specially if it is is two or three day show. people could go in the pits the first couple of nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Don O'Neal never used any kind of cover last year and he was able to win the title. The Waaaahhhhmbulance will be here soon for all the aspiring LOLMDS drivers on this thread. We all know it directly affects each one of you on a personal level.
    Whaaaaaaaaambulance??????

One of the funniest things I've heard on here in a very long time.........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I hope that the Lucas Oil officials stand their ground on this issue.

UMP has had the NO TARP after drivers meeting rule in the rulebook for a few years. But I don't think I've seen any track enforce it.

Quote Originally Posted by stlracing View Post
    UMP has had the NO TARP after drivers meeting rule in the rulebook for a few years. But I don't think I've seen any track enforce it.
    UMP has selectively enforced ALL their rules for years....no story here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    They had covers on some of the cars at Atomic. If someone would explain how to post a picture off my phone to here, i have pictures of Landers car all tarped up. The back and the rear wheels.
    If it's the same covers I seen. They aren't like the old ones, the ones from last year were just like blanket they just laid over the back half of the car. The ones you and I probably seen just basically covered up the inside the quarter panels and under the spoiler. Looked like magnets is what held them to the car. Not sure who makes them, Landers and Bloomquist were the only two I seen have these.

I can see why a lot of good racers, don't want the competition to see under their cars. There is a lot of information there, if your smart enough to figure it out. If you know the chassis, you can figure out a out of things, including center of gravity, roll center, spring rates and asymmetrical adjustments to the 4 bar. This does not include tire prep. With that info, you an get close to what they are running in the front, because there has to be a balance between the front and rear. Your there to win races, not teach chassis school.

With that said, I can see why series tech wants it. Someone will run and tell the teacher if they see something illegal. Makes their job easier.

As a fan, I like to see the good stuff and how much it's changed over the years. Nothing prettier than a rolling chassis, ready for skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I can see why a lot of good racers, don't want the competition to see under their cars. There is a lot of information there, if your smart enough to figure it out. If you know the chassis, you can figure out a out of things, including center of gravity, roll center, spring rates and asymmetrical adjustments to the 4 bar. This does not include tire prep. With that info, you an get close to what they are running in the front, because there has to be a balance between the front and rear. Your there to win races, not teach chassis school.

With that said, I can see why series tech wants it. Someone will run and tell the teacher if they see something illegal. Makes their job easier.

As a fan, I like to see the good stuff and how much it's changed over the years. Nothing prettier than a rolling chassis, ready for skin.
    With my experience with engineers where are work, there is ZERO gain by looking at pictures, to truly learn something from a competitor's product, you have to use it, test it, and tear it apart to see if they put it together differently than you do and how that makes their product perform better/worse.

But, I work in the manufacturing world, it has no relevance to how race cars are manufactured....

We learn a lot from watching the cars at the track, video and pictures. We don't always need to tear something apart to figure out what they are doing. To be honest though someone comes up with new ideas and innovation so why is it so hard to think that covering up the cars is only for the best for each team?

Quote Originally Posted by hpmaster View Post
    UMP has selectively enforced ALL their rules for years....no story here.
    Green Rep goes here. - Ole JP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post

Yea right...... if it was as easy as you say every GO PRO hooked to roll bars store all of Bloomer's, Lanigans and the Rocket kid's top secret set ups. What do you think drivers are looking at when they sit in the chute? The differences between a winning car can be 3 shock settings, front end alignment and a half inch here or a 1/4" there it isn't some glowing wonder bar of a secret alien origin discovered next to a crashed saucer.
    Last edited by hpmaster; 03-31-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Am I missing something here? Every race I attend, the cars are backed into their pit. I don't know of too many fans that will walk to the back of the car to snoop around. If its the competition their worried about, what team leaves their car completely unattended! However, I would agree to a tarp covering up the rear open area, like the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by drtrkr244 View Post
    Am I missing something here? Every race I attend, the cars are backed into their pit. I don't know of too many fans that will walk to the back of the car to snoop around. If its the competition their worried about, what team leaves their car completely unattended! However, I would agree to a tarp covering up the rear open area, like the old days.
    This is true. Almost all cars Are backed into the pit stalls.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

You can get more hints on whats going on watching DOD videos and pics than you might think. DOD please extend my subscription for the plug.........

back in the day mostly all had them, even drove onto track with them on for driver introduction then they would take them off.