Default 604 leaking oil.....again

Just got into racing. Bought a pretty fresh 604. Timing cover warped and leaked oil first night out. Pulled motor took it to NeSmith rebuilder, waited a 3 weeks for repair, ran it maybe 50 laps and rear main or oil pan gasket is now leaking. Do you guys have this much trouble with these engines leaking? I've kept a close eye making sure it's not overfilled.

Never had an issue with a 604 or 602 leaking like you seem to be having.

I might have just gotten a bad apple

I had one that kept leaking at the bottom of timing cover.I took everything off the front of engine cleaned it real good and just put a good thick layer of grey RTV. How bad is it leaking?
    Last edited by Kwoods25; 03-28-2015 at 04:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Make sure your crankcase is venting properly. Check your left valve cover breathers for obstruction, something could be crammed down in there that might not be obvious at a glance....

have never had a rear main oil leak-----more than likely it is the pan

when they changed the cover they had to have the pan off---did they change the gasket?

the comment about breathers is relevant but more than likely not the cause-----but i would like to add to the breather comment and ask if you are running shielded breathers? and are you facing the shield toward the front of the car and the fan blade, like it is suppose to be?

try tightening the pan---might help

brad

i'll add to brads, don't push the breathers all the way down, only slid them on far enough to tighten them, wouldn't be the first time I saw that and caused oil leaks. especially if your running methanol. is your oil milky looking?

Thinking and hoping you were right Brad. Think it's leaking at the right rear corner of the pan. I got a good bit of silicon in it and it seemed to do the trick. Didn't really get to run it long enough to find out.