Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

NASCAR is about one big race, not a bunch of heat races, and a trophy dash. People don't fly or drive from long distances and pay motel bills to see their favorite drivers crashed out in a blinkin' heat race!!!! TV sets would be turning off left and right over this also.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    BBQB, I'm sure your prediction of an "all is well in NASCAR" response will be prophetic, and also equally pathetic!!These processed and canned responses such as "let it go", "get over it", "put it behind you" are almost always nothing more than an empty dismissal of the point that is trying to be made sans any attempt to offer any valid alternative point of view.Generally when those worn out cliche's are tossed around the attention span shortens up considerably.As I mentioned above, many of us have long since "let it go", "moved on", "gotten over it" and "put it behind us" in reference to NASCAR and most of us will never be back.What was much harder to watch fade away (and still is) was the great racing we all used to enjoy week after week. Many of us may never put away the sadness of watching ALL that be completely destroyed by all the forward thinking, gimmick minded corporate geniuses who now run NASCAR.
    CIRF I don't care what anybody else says about you, but I will say you are an encyclopedia of Nascar. I enjoy your post. I have even told my stepdad about your post. Him and his family went to every speed week since 1972. They fell off in the mid nineties. After introducing him to him to 4m, he said you are spot on. Much respect to you!

Mr. Tidrow, I sincerely appreciate the kind words and respect from you and your stepdad. I send the same back to you both.

What my wife of 24 years says about my recall of NASCAR and racing in general is not nearly so endearing. Especially when I can't remember to bring home a quart of milk! LOL!!

If it sounds like we were passionate about NASCAR Cup racing it's because we really were a long time ago. It is saddening to see what has happened to it over the past 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Mr. Tidrow, I sincerely appreciate the kind words and respect from you and your stepdad. I send the same back to you both.What my wife of 24 years says about my recall of NASCAR and racing in general is not nearly so endearing. Especially when I can't remember to bring home a quart of milk! LOL!!If it sounds like we were passionate about NASCAR Cup racing it's because we really were a long time ago. It is saddening to see what has happened to it over the past 15 years.
    Amen buddy. Look forward to your future posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Happy View Post
    Yeah, instead of coming to four hour 4play scripted fight... let there be a race with heats and an A main!!!
    I like your way of thinking. Put some excitement back into NASCAR. I would also invert the field like the old days.

Do like the old late model day's run two 50 lap features invert the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I like your way of thinking. Put some excitement back into NASCAR. I would also invert the field like the old days.
    Kid, I believe NASCAR has always started their races straight up, except for the Daytona 500.

hell yell i think about NASCAR every time i take a dump

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........dumping on today's nascar is frowned upon by herds of sheep everywhere!!

You are likely to offend a few of them.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Kumoneyewannalaya Island, along the IP Freely Expressway

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    My, how LITE-INN'ish of you...

Everybody here probably already knows my opinion, but once again Nascar today is nothing more than a reality show with a bad title. "winning is everything" yet Ryan Newman rode around 15th all last year and ended up nearly winning the whole thing. It's possible to win 35 races and lose the championship. The whole thing might as well be a lottery drawing. Even qualifying is a joke now. All qualifying is now is who lucks up and runs the slowest and makes it to the next round and save their tires for the final round. One big crapshoot. Add in lucky dogs, wave arounds, GWC's, Chase's, brackets and driver's sleeping with each other (Danica and Ricky) and we have the same crap that's on every other day of the week. Survivor/Big Brother/The Voice/Dancing With the Stars. There's no wonder they're having to resort to 3rd rate network coverage for half the season. And on top of everything: In how many other sports can a team that is not in "the playoffs" effect a teams chances that are in the playoffs? None! "well we cant eliminate them from competition because of sponsorship problems" Exactly! Leave the playoffs for sports where they do actually work. You would think they would least award points based on the people who are in the Chase rather than the whole field. Either way, I'm enjoying my free Sunday afternoons to work on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by A ron View Post
    Everybody here probably already knows my opinion, but once again Nascar today is nothing more than a reality show with a bad title. "winning is everything" yet Ryan Newman rode around 15th all last year and ended up nearly winning the whole thing. It's possible to win 35 races and lose the championship. The whole thing might as well be a lottery drawing. Even qualifying is a joke now. All qualifying is now is who lucks up and runs the slowest and makes it to the next round and save their tires for the final round. One big crapshoot. Add in lucky dogs, wave arounds, GWC's, Chase's, brackets and driver's sleeping with each other (Danica and Ricky) and we have the same crap that's on every other day of the week. Survivor/Big Brother/The Voice/Dancing With the Stars. There's no wonder they're having to resort to 3rd rate network coverage for half the season. And on top of everything: In how many other sports can a team that is not in "the playoffs" effect a teams chances that are in the playoffs? None! "well we cant eliminate them from competition because of sponsorship problems" Exactly! Leave the playoffs for sports where they do actually work. You would think they would least award points based on the people who are in the Chase rather than the whole field. Either way, I'm enjoying my free Sunday afternoons to work on the car.
    Bingo!!

Very well said sir!!

How dare you!!!!!!!!

With Clayton rejecting my idea to save NASCAR it won't be long before I will be back to my old ways of drinkin, gamblin and chassin married women. All be cause of CW.

Ahhhhhh the good ole days hp

I'm glad you penciled in (Danica and Ricky)I was worried for a second
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by hpmaster View Post
    With Clayton rejecting my idea to save NASCAR it won't be long before I will be back to my old ways of drinkin, gamblin and chassin married women. All be cause of CW.
    HP you really meant that????

what we knew Nascar as once up on a time u all 100% correct there probably could be hope for it if major changes at the top.

Kumoneyewannalaya Island, along the IP Freely Expressway

I swear I just heard Litey!! Lolalolsm

I knew a guy named litey once up on a time???