Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

A ron, it's all in the eye of the beholder. We all have our preferences as to what is the most entertaining and if the bumpin', bangin' and wreckin' during the race and all that went on after the race as a result of all that bumpin, bangin' and wreckin' is your cup of tea then so be it.

The Bristol configuration I liked best was prior to them putting down the concrete in 1992. Usually the fast way around was way up by the outer wall. Reminded you a little of the fastest line at Eldora. A good slider was sometimes the method of choice for passing in those days

Personally, I have always enjoyed the racing at Richmond the most of 'bout any track on the circuit. It's a track that they can usually run 2 or 3 different grooves and can pass without hitting one another but still has that short track feel.

You are right CIRF if it is your cup of tea that is great I just remember how nascar was back in the 70's and 80's when they run the big mercury's dodge's chevy's and you had guy's like Pearson Petty and the Allison's if you didn't go to the race's you would listen on MRM those were the day's of win on Sunday sell on Monday. People associated nascar with car brand's they don't have car brand's anymore it is so generic and bland to me.

The rock was always my favorite back then for great side by side racing...................
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Someone refresh my memory. Didn't Bristol go to a progressive banking, a few years ago, and then after a couple of races, re-ground the track? I believe SMI did so because the fans complained of the lack of exciting racing(rooting and gouging). If I remember correctly, the new paving caused multi-groove racing, with the majority of the fans complaining not the drivers. Proving that fans prefer wrecking and fighting instead of racing.

Myself, I prefer racing. I don't have a problem with rubbing or bumping as long as you don't wreck the guy. Im like CIRF, I like the racing at Richmond but I also like Martinsville. I guess that makes me a short-track fan.

I like a little of both.

Quote Originally Posted by drtrkr244 View Post
    Someone refresh my memory. Didn't Bristol go to a progressive banking, a few years ago, and then after a couple of races, re-ground the track? I believe SMI did so because the fans complained of the lack of exciting racing(rooting and gouging). If I remember correctly, the new paving caused multi-groove racing, with the majority of the fans complaining not the drivers. Proving that fans prefer wrecking and fighting instead of racing.

Myself, I prefer racing. I don't have a problem with rubbing or bumping as long as you don't wreck the guy. Im like CIRF, I like the racing at Richmond but I also like Martinsville. I guess that makes me a short-track fan.
    I believe NASCAR would do well to drop one of the 1.5 mile tracks (Vegas or Kansas) and run the Cup cars at Iowa. We've been to the Indy Car race at Iowa an couple of times and it's a top notch facility. I think the Cup cars would put on a good show there.

Richmond a great track,Iowa would be a good deal for Nascar.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Happy View Post
    Rubbing mud, rubbing!!
    YA, that was the idea, but a lot of them ended up wrecked.....make your car work and pass the sucker in front of you, knockin' him (or her) jout of the way ain't racing...and it dribbles down to the local short tracks and the young ones try that maneuver ..... I see it all the time...we just had an instance of one spinning another out, after the race the spinie got his butt whipped by 8 or 9 of the spinners crew...and that got them suspended for two years from the local speedway....

Kumoneyewannalaya Island, along the IP Freely Expressway

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    YA, that was the idea, but a lot of them ended up wrecked.....make your car work and pass the sucker in front of you, knockin' him (or her) jout of the way ain't racing...and it dribbles down to the local short tracks and the young ones try that maneuver ..... I see it all the time...we just had an instance of one spinning another out, after the race the spinie got his butt whipped by 8 or 9 of the spinners crew...and that got them suspended for two years from the local speedway....
    How long have you been around racing? You speak as if you haven't been around it much...

This is territory that has been covered many times over the years but here goes again.

It takes very little talent and even less courage to hit another car to pass them. It does in some instances, however, take a sizable amount of talent and courage to pass clean another driver who is racing hard for the win or the position.

Some of the most impressive driving takes place when a driver puts the car, lap after lap, in a position that he can't be passed. We're not talking about blatantly blocking but running the car in a line, hitting his marks perfectly every lap that enables him to stay in front of a faster car. It's as much a thing of beauty as a perfect clean pass among equal cars.
    Last edited by CIRF; 04-17-2015 at 07:01 AM.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    This is territory that has been covered many times over the years but here goes again.

It takes very little talent and even less courage to hit another car to pass them. It does in some instances, however, take a sizable amount of talent and courage to pass clean another driver who is racing hard for the win or the position.

Some of the most impressive driving takes place when a driver puts the car, lap after lap, in a position that he can't be passed. We're not talking about blatantly blocking but running the car in a line, hitting his marks perfectly every lap that enables him to stay in front of a faster car. It's as much a thing of beauty as a perfect clean pass among equal cars.
    This just made my thingy feel funny!

So the MMA ninja rover is one of your heroes????
    Not at all, I dislike that cat, but I do like wrestling and I don't see anything wrong with it.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Mittvok View Post
    Not at all, I dislike that cat, but I do like wrestling and I don't see anything wrong with it.
    To each his own i recon. I just can't see watching a scripted show with grown men putting one another in a full willy nelson that looks like they're giving each other a reach around.

To each his own i recon. I just can't see watching a scripted show with grown men putting one another in a full willy nelson that looks like they're giving each other a reach around.
    I've watched wrestling since I was a little kid. Around 1986 I started watching. I've never seen issues with it. I don't get the reach around comment either and I've seen nothing "gay" about it in the years I've been watching. I don't view it as any different than any other "scripted" TV show or movie. It's a live action sitcom where people beat each other up for all intents and purposes. It's not real to me, it's entertainment.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mittvok View Post
    I've watched wrestling since I was a little kid. Around 1986 I started watching. I've never seen issues with it. I don't get the reach around comment either and I've seen nothing "gay" about it in the years I've been watching. I don't view it as any different than any other "scripted" TV show or movie. It's a live action sitcom where people beat each other up for all intents and purposes. It's not real to me, it's entertainment.
    Glad you cleared that up Mitty. Man, you sure have changed since they took away all your pretty green marbles that I gave you...

Quote Originally Posted by hpmaster View Post
    Is a full willy nelson like a Juanita Special Bean Dip?
    I don't want to think about it anymore ok?

Glad you cleared that up Mitty. Man, you sure have changed since they took away all your pretty green marbles that I gave you...
    Hopefully not too much.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I believe NASCAR would do well to drop one of the 1.5 mile tracks (Vegas or Kansas) and run the Cup cars at Iowa. We've been to the Indy Car race at Iowa an couple of times and it's a top notch facility. I think the Cup cars would put on a good show there.
    That's how I feel too. I do like Kentucky because it's known to be rough....it's not like the dog leg style tracks for that reason. They need a other short track or two....maybe even another road course. I didn't use to care for that style of racing in stock cars, now that I'm older and appreciate the skill it takes, I kinda like tten road courses.

What happen to the revival of Rockingham? I know they held that truck race a couple years ago, and shut the gates again. I always liked that place.

The fans didn't support Rockingham like they needed to stay open. From what I understand they didn't sell enough tickets to pay the bills so they shut it down. Common theme these days dirt or asphalt. Did you see the pathetic crowd at Bristol last night?

I wonder if going to a race is just too darn expensive???
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????