Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Saturday - Deery Brothers Opener, Denison, IA. Weather forecast looks too good to be true (so far).

Quote Originally Posted by FastEd95 View Post
    Saturday - Deery Brothers Opener, Denison, IA. Weather forecast looks too good to be true (so far).
    Would love to go to that Deery show. But they had to schedule on top of I-80, 70 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    What website did you hear this on?
    lasalle speedway facebook, click on Short Track News Radio. Tony starts around 20 minute mark I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by wiswildmanfan View Post
    thaw brawl baby!
    +1 , come on friday!!

Attica for the All Star Sprints and Ump Late Models..2 day show but looks like Rain Friday so hopefully Saturday

If I see any racing this week. I will be at I-80 on Friday night.

LaSalle for both days! Lets hope the weather stays on course!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    lasalle speedway facebook, click on Short Track News Radio. Tony starts around 20 minute mark I believe.
    just listened to it about an hour ago. good interview.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Just listened to an interview with Tony Izzo on the Lasalle FB page. Says he has several national guys calling him, expects a few of them to show up. Said bloomer didn't call until the day before last year to commit. Can't wait!
    Listened to another interview with Tony. Said he's reworked the track somewhat to make the topside a little better. Said track is in great shape and expects a great race. Also said Carl Short will be a guest in attendance to see his first Thaw Brawl. I'm pumped for this one. Not happy about getting the long johns back out.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Would love to go to that Deery show. But they had to schedule on top of I-80, 70 miles away.
    It's going to be strange seeing the smaller track at Denison. Used to go to most of the Busch Tour shows there in the late '90s and early '00s - always enjoyed the racing on the BIG track. I remember in '99 and '01, the tour title came down to that last race at Denison (Hawkeye 100). Gary Webb had a shot at the title both years but lost out to Steve Kosiski in '99 and Kyle Berck in '01.

Quote Originally Posted by FastEd95 View Post
    It's going to be strange seeing the smaller track at Denison. Used to go to most of the Busch Tour shows there in the late '90s and early '00s - always enjoyed the racing on the BIG track. I remember in '99 and '01, the tour title came down to that last race at Denison (Hawkeye 100). Gary Webb had a shot at the title both years but lost out to Steve Kosiski in '99 and Kyle Berck in '01.
    I've always been fond of big 1/2 mile county fairgrounds tracks and those covered grandstands. Went to Dension several times as kid for some of those BAST races in the spring and the Hawkeye 100. I know one year it snowed during hot laps(those were the days!!!). I believe Dension had a radar gun on the backstretch. Based off pictures, it looked Dension did a good job of getting rid of the un used track. Although sad, I give them a thumbs up for doing that. Nothing more depressing than a reminder of once was.

I really wish that Deery show was a different weekend. I would definitely go up there. Maybe I'll make the trek for weekly or Slmr show this year.

Making my first trip to a dirt track in Ill. for the Thaw Brawl! Just saturday though... 4 hour drive for me so i hope its worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by zstine87 View Post
    Making my first trip to a dirt track in Ill. for the Thaw Brawl! Just saturday though... 4 hour drive for me so i hope its worth it!
    The show just got a lot better today with additions of moyers, bloomer, and Casebolt. Think they are around 50 cars

Anyone know of a idea of car count for the mods?

Quote Originally Posted by zstine87 View Post
    Anyone know of a idea of car count for the mods?
    UMP Modified car count will probably be somewhere between 32-40
    Nathan Stephens

2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Forecast for LaSalle looking good.
    Nathan Stephens

Anyone going for practice tonight?

Anyone going for practice tonight?
    Seen on Facebook Mike Spatola went to practice as a fan I didn't go to far for just practice.
    Nathan Stephens

I'll be announcing at Talladega Short Track, weather has beat us up for weeks now.

Late Model Mark
    Talladega Short Track Announcer