Thread: Tire prep

Default Tire prep

Ok let see what kind of answers I can get I am looking to get some hard DOT tires to punch close to new what kind of home made tire prep can I make up Thanks for any help if you dont want it out there please PM me

Rules permitting, use Track Claw. We've used them all, even a try at homemade prep formulas. When we race on Saturday, we prep the tires in the shop on Friday night. Using a durometer to get them close to what works for us. If the tires are used, prior to prep, we use 60-100 grit sandpaper to clean the running surfaces prior to applying the Track Claw with a roller paint brush. -Dave-

Use a 6-8 inch 80 grit sanding disc on a car buffer (best) or hand grinder. Thoroughly blow off with air compressor. Spray on prep with hand sprayer (uses far less than paint roller). It may take several coats until you get desired durometer reading. Wrap tires in plastic wrap so the chemicals don't bleed out. If you have to buy a sprayer, get the metal one that mechanic shops use. Their internals hold up better.
    Last edited by drtrkr244; 03-31-2015 at 02:10 PM.