Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I find little excuse for racing in conditions like that!!! In fact it is inexcusable.

What conditions? a dirt track

Kumoneyewannalaya Island, along the IP Freely Expressway

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    What conditions? a dirt track
    The mixture of a lot of dust, and sun blinding the guys is what CW is saying here I'm sure.

Waldo, have you ever been to Big Diamond? I've been twice and both times it has been at least that dusty. In fact last years WoO LM show was so dusty that I was sitting in turn 1 and could not see the back stretch, or turns 3 and 4.

Sorry, dirt racing is a spectator sport first and foremost (not to mention drivers going 100+ mph) and being able to see the track is a pretty key ingredient.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I find little excuse for racing in conditions like that!!! In fact it is inexcusable.
    Looks like the track needs to use the water truck. Preferably for more then a track packer. That would have been my last trip to that speedway. The disregard for the drivers safety and the fans viewing is some thing to marvel at.

Quote Originally Posted by race21j View Post
    Looks like the track needs to use the water truck. Preferably for more then a track packer. That would have been my last trip to that speedway. The disregard for the drivers safety and the fans viewing is some thing to marvel at.
    They must have enough "Waldos" paying admission that they don't have to water the track!!

Kumoneyewannalaya Island, along the IP Freely Expressway

Thumbs up

They must have enough "Waldos" paying admission that they don't have to water the track!!
    This happens all to dam often, guess they don't know what real dirt racing was meant to be, sad!!!!

This is dirt racing, dirt with cars on it produces dust. It's not called mud racing. If track is muddy they will roll it in to dirt which will produce dust and then race.

w2racing09, I have been to daytime races in the south that would put that video to shame, I have sat in turn 4 and could not see turn 4, so I looked down the frontstretch to the flagstand. I went home and was glad to see a race and never complained about it.

w2racing09, I have been to daytime races in the south that would put that video to shame, I have sat in turn 4 and could not see turn 4, so I looked down the frontstretch to the flagstand. I went home and was glad to see a race and never complained about it.
    That makes one of us, if every track were like that I would find something else to do on Saturday night.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I'm a unique person I guess, I understand your point, but there's nowhere I would rather be on saturday night than at a racetrack, dirt or asphalt. I would rather watch one racecar go around a track than to sit at home and do anything. This is just me and my opinion, I'm not hard to please. You will never see me say a track was to dusty, or it was a train race or anything like that. Cars going around a track is good enough for me.

I'm a unique person I guess, I understand your point, but there's nowhere I would rather be on saturday night than at a racetrack, dirt or asphalt. I would rather watch one racecar go around a track than to sit at home and do anything. This is just me and my opinion, I'm not hard to please. You will never see me say a track was to dusty, or it was a train race or anything like that. Cars going around a track is good enough for me.
    I can understand that --

To me as a spectator I avoid places where I cant see the entire track (Bedford, Selinsgrove) because of obstructions. I feel the same about the dust. A race is kind of like a book, and being unable to see the whole track is like missing whole pages or chapters of the book.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I can understand that --

To me as a spectator I avoid places where I cant see the entire track (Bedford, Selinsgrove) because of obstructions. I feel the same about the dust. A race is kind of like a book, and being unable to see the whole track is like missing whole pages or chapters of the book.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    I like the book analogy...........first chapter starts at the shop, final chapter ends in victory lane or on the hook or in the trailer.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

If the tracks in my area were all like this I would sell my Modifieds and do something else.Having my driver injured or killed because of too much dust is unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    That makes one of us, if every track were like that I would find something else to do on Saturday night.Thanks,Jeff.
    I agree with you.

I would never attend a track weekly that does not apply good track prep that actually cuts into the track and gets water down under the surface. The first dirt tracks I went to did NOT have any dust even after the feature. Dry dirt produces dust. Moist dirt does not.

If I had to watch dusty races only, I would quit going or find a blacktop track to go to.

The point is, they can do something about the dust if the really wanted to.

y'all should go to a North Eastern Georgia track...Lavonia, Hartwell, Toccoa. they're one lane dust bowls even after the sun goes down. can't see your foot at the end of your leg!
    www.ctcphotos.com

http://www.ctcphotos.com/hommel.htm

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

If I pay to see a race, I want to see a race. I won't go to road races or any race you can't see the back stretch for dust, haulers or buildings. End of story.

I would never attend a track weekly that does not apply good track prep that actually cuts into the track and gets water down under the surface. The first dirt tracks I went to did NOT have any dust even after the feature. Dry dirt produces dust. Moist dirt does not.

If I had to watch dusty races only, I would quit going or find a blacktop track to go to.

The point is, they can do something about the dust if the really wanted to.

Clayton....I've used this reference a bunch on here. I went to Tyler County a couple years ago. I ate more dirt there after hot laps there than I had any track I've ever been to, after 3 laps of hot laps a car stopped on the track, my white shirt was a thick red on the shoulders. The track never got black slick until 25 laps or so into the 100 lap feature. They were cutting on the track when I got there, also seen one of the best races I've seen there that time. I don't know if it's the type of dirt that's on that place or what it is.

I have no problem with dust. I don't like it....but don't complain about it. I plan on going back there sometime.

Default There's a reason

Quote Originally Posted by bite me too View Post
    y'all should go to a North Eastern Georgia track...Lavonia, Hartwell, Toccoa. they're one lane dust bowls even after the sun goes down. can't see your foot at the end of your leg!
    There's a reason I no longer go to those tracks.