Default LR bite - Pullbar vs. Liftarm

Looking back thru some old threads and I am wondering is it still the general consensus that when running a liftarm (we called them torque arms on late models) do you run more LR than with a pullbar? This is USMTS/USRA rules on AR KK704's.

Some threads from several years ago had some people say they were starting @ 120# of LR. Others said they still went with the setup sheets for their specific car(s).

Quote Originally Posted by LateModel B23 View Post
    Looking back thru some old threads and I am wondering is it still the general consensus that when running a liftarm (we called them torque arms on late models) do you run more LR than with a pullbar? This is USMTS/USRA rules on AR KK704's.

Some threads from several years ago had some people say they were starting @ 120# of LR. Others said they still went with the setup sheets for their specific car(s).
    Cant believe this didn't get any comments im curious as well.

Depends on if you're car is clamped z or if you are running four bar generally drivers are more comfortable with more bite when running four bar, so its more a driver comfort! We usually run between 75 and 120#s of bite depending on track conditions and the car is clamped!

I always felt like the liftarm cars needed more bite because the traction device is further right in the car and attached to the rearend further right. Pullbar mounts 3-4inches closer to the LR tire. Wether all these liftarm guys are still doing the "high" LR bite numbers i cant say.

I agree with power. Our lift arm experience on 2 different cars was bad fast in the tack but worthless in the slick with anything less than 100# static . Was on Hoosier tires though . Hockey pucks likely need more .
    The Blacksheep cometh ! With old bent sh!t that just keeps getting faster !