Default Florence Speedway Spring 50 Cancelled

Florence Speedway just made this post on their facebook page:

Florence Speedway

4 mins ·

Unfortunately, after hours of work trying to get the track into shape after the last two days of rain, we have to cancel tonight's spring 50. We have made every effort to get the track worked in but the dirt is not drying out or compacting enough to make a safe racing surface. We apologize to those who were en route to the track or already here. We had every intention of racing today l, but it just was not in the cards.

sounds like they tried..

Guess it's basketball tonight for me

They did try. I see no reason to cuss them

Quote Originally Posted by luvinthedirt View Post
    That's phucking horse$h!t !!!!! They could of at least gave updates through out the day. Now is too last to haul too Atomic. A$$holes !!!!!!
    You come on here for track updates lol. One would think you would call "hey how the track look like with two days of rain" track "don't look good, but we are trying" you "ok, smart move would go to atomic" lol

Default g

Madden, Hickman,Arthur and Macintosh, all made it to bulls gap for the clash race.

Hey douche bag who said I came here for updates. Called their phone number per their website and there were no update all day long !!! Website,Twitter or phone number NOTHING !!! Only that they were running.
    So suck it a$$wipe !!

Hey douche bag who said I came here for updates. Called their phone number per their website and there were no update all day long !!! Website,Twitter or phone number NOTHING !!! Only that they were running. So suck it a$$wipe !!
    Lol I was just messing with you, but looks like your hotheaded over this.

Let's blow a gasket. I can't remember how many times I've driven somewhere back before we had all of this social media and things now days and found out the race was cancelled. Not really seeing what throwing a fit over a message board is going to solve anything.

Cool

That's phucking horse$h!t !!!!! They could of at least gave updates through out the day. Now is too last to haul too Atomic. A$$holes !!!!!!
    Why you keep deleting? But when some one uses it as a quote in their post, it doesn't get deleted. One way Phucks !!!

Sounds like your all butthurt and now you want to come on here and trash talk..... from the sounds of it you should of had a better plan in place to go racing else where bud!!

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Let's blow a gasket. I can't remember how many times I've driven somewhere back before we had all of this social media and things now days and found out the race was cancelled. Not really seeing what throwing a fit over a message board is going to solve anything.
    Could be wrong here but it reads like luvinthedirt was "hauling" something.. Like pulling a trailer of some size with a racecar in it, not "driving" to a race..

Quote Originally Posted by MadDad Racing View Post
    Could be wrong here but it reads like luvinthedirt was "hauling" something.. Like pulling a trailer of some size with a racecar in it, not "driving" to a race..
    Regardless if he was hauling something or driving....I've been in that same boat as well. I just don't see what going off on here is going to change anything?

Exactly !! Florence made it clear they were racing. None of the social media sites they are on said anything different. Yes we hauled a long distance.
    Btw on couch watching KY lose. Haha

I have Wis. on my board Winning the whole thing.

We made the trip over and after an hour of relaxing from the drive got the bad news. We accept the outcome of cancelling as the track may well have gotten to rough, making it a very bad deal for the drivers. Will be back for the new Spring 50 date.

The problem lies in timing. 4 MINUTES prior to scheduled pit gate opening. They've been doing the track for years and I would tend to believe that they could have had some idea that they wouldn't be able to get it in. People need more notice.

Quote Originally Posted by BigNilla View Post
    The problem lies in timing. 4 MINUTES prior to scheduled pit gate opening. They've been doing the track for years and I would tend to believe that they could have had some idea that they wouldn't be able to get it in. People need more notice.
    Plus drivers who could have gone elsewhere to race that night...

I'd made the four drive north and already checked into a hotel for the night... but eh, (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) happens.

I still managed to salvage the evening with a trip to Lawrenceburg Speedway just across the river. No late models but the mod feature was great and the sprints put on a good show as well.