Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hoosier A40S

I have talked to a few track promoters in Central Illinois and if they could get a few tracks to go with them they would Jump ship from UMP.... Maybe all Drivers with the same interests should talk to your local promoter and give your 2cents on that subject. I agree UMP isn't all bad but they don't seem to be listening to the drivers and going in direction that drivers are asking

The A tire is around a 52, The A s tire is around a 49.

The hardness of the tire is not the only issue. The 40 series tire is knee deep in tread, which again allows more HP to be put to the ground. The KK704/G60 tires tread is about 1/2 or less of that. They wear good, and last just longer than the 40 series tires do. The big thing here is limiting the high $$, high HP engines which are killing this class.

The KK 704 is around a 45-50. So The softness is not the issue. If the tread is that deep put it on a spin balancer and cut some tread off to keep it from tearing up so bad. You cut off some meat but in the end it will last longer because it doesn't tear itself up. Shouldn't have to do this but racers have been modifying everything from the beginning of time.

I thought this thread was started to complain about the tire wearing out and being junk after a night? Not about engines

The new A40S tires seem to be the issue here, and Hoosier claims they're suspending production of them so we'll see what happens. Old A40's in the interim I guess.
    Vote for Pedro!!

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    What do all these UMP tires punch on the duro? I run USRA stuff and know what the KK-704 punches in say 70 degree weather.
    Brand new tires in 2014 punched on our durometer as follows:

D40: 40-45
    A40: 50-55
    H40: 65-75 (Hoosier seems to be very inconsistent with the H's IMO, I have never bought two that punched the same)
    Last edited by 72Dubya; 04-22-2015 at 12:43 PM.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    No, for the most part the guys are happy until the guys racing 2 classes above their knowledge and pocketbook start crying making them constantly change.
    Great post!

The problem is there are not that many guys that can afford it. Every year it gets less and less that actually can but, I say keep the A- mods for the guys that can afford it and get a set of rules for the B-Mods the same instead of different rules for different tracks. They do that in a couple of years the B-Mods will pass the A-Mods in car counts. I'm just curious then the guys that can afford it should not be complaining about the new tire right? Because after all they can afford it. Really for me it don't matter because,I have no vested interest just a fan of racing so, really I have no say. Just think it's healthy to have a good conversation about how to keep the sport on solid ground.
    Last edited by kidrock; 04-22-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Have to at least give Hoosier credit for stopping production of the new tire.

Quote Originally Posted by indyboywilliam View Post
    I have talked to a few track promoters in Central Illinois and if they could get a few tracks to go with them they would Jump ship from UMP.... Maybe all Drivers with the same interests should talk to your local promoter and give your 2cents on that subject. I agree UMP isn't all bad but they don't seem to be listening to the drivers and going in direction that drivers are asking
    bring it on , bring the spoilers back, get a better tire and still have simular engine rules and let them role. and one tire for all tracks...now we are talking

Anybody else see this? Looks like the A40 is back in production.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13x View Post
    Anybody else see this? Looks like the A40 is back in production.
    Glad to See UMP..er ,,,I mean Hoosier letting us know what tires are legal at UMP eeer I mean Hoosier tracks for the rest of the season. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) funny UMP/Hoosier are really just one big company.

Check out Kynetix Racing Solutions on Facebook. We are doing amazing things with these tires, as well as all the others as well. No prep, just making them last and faster.