Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier A40S

who ran them?
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

The chosen ones were the ones who tested them. What Hoosier needs is time to let tires have a shelf life, they just simply waited to long before they started production for this years racing. Wiping hydrogen peroxide, methanol, gasoline, various solvents from a hardware store plus the addition of all the elements of the environment will help accelerate the curing process. Some of what you can end up seeing from doing this will some cracking in the tires, don't be overly concerned about this it's just the tire drying out some. The cracking will not hurt the performance of the tire.

So tire sales will go up, because the tires are not going to last due short cure times. There is a reason for everything this tire company does. They are not going to make a tire that lasts longer or better. That would be money out of there pocket.

Well you can either complain about it or take some advice, either way the tire company is going to continue and the tire rules will not change. I'm giving you racers some free advice which is very rare in this sport. It's up to you how you use that advice.

I don't know who was the driver JustAddDirt, but Shanon will openly tell you when it was tested.

Quote Originally Posted by CsR41 View Post
    I don't know who was the driver JustAddDirt, but Shanon will openly tell you when it was tested.
    either way goes to show you that both UMP and Hoosier dropped the ball and they are gonna laugh all the way to the bank as always.
    All the tracks that dont allow D's are really take the brunt of the deal

Quote Originally Posted by KynetixSolutions View Post
    Well you can either complain about it or take some advice, either way the tire company is going to continue and the tire rules will not change. I'm giving you racers some free advice which is very rare in this sport. It's up to you how you use that advice.
    Thanks for the advice. The only problem is if I use these chemicals to make there tires work, and I get checked for an altered tire I will be called a tire cheat. I don't think I should have to do any work to a 128.00 tire.

A high percentage Hydrogen Peroxide and a naturally weathered tire will pass the testing process, but it will take a couple weeks at least and its hard to get a concentrated version of Hydrogen Peroxide.

I like the new A' s from what I have seen , but I also loved the D's and ran them all night long most track conditions 4-5 races. Maybe the new A won't require you dopers out there to contaminate the air my driver breaths . Leave them in your closed up hot trailer all week after a cycle or 2 they will likely be better the next weekend .
    Last edited by 1Blacksheep; 04-08-2015 at 07:20 PM.
    The Blacksheep cometh ! With old bent sh!t that just keeps getting faster !

Brian Ruhlman (at Eldora) and Jamie Lomax I believe were two that tested the new A40S at the end of last year. Guess from the sounds of it there will be a lot more H's ran this year due to the excessive wear of these tires...
    Last edited by ChadJacks; 04-09-2015 at 08:17 AM.

I believe Jamie was going trailer to trailer trying to buy any new "old" As.

Quote Originally Posted by wengersuperfan42 View Post
    I believe Jamie was going trailer to trailer trying to buy any new "old" As.
    lol....heard from late model dude that the compound used in A40S is one they refused to use and would just go to next compound harder. Hoosier probably makes more bread on the A40S thus the change. The old A40 was not walk in the park, so to think they would go to something worse when so many tracks are allowing only As and Hs is just plain dumb.

There have been alot of issues in the St.Louis area!

You are nothing but a bunch of crooked liars, you once had a good tire and working with the sanctioning bodies have done nothing but screwed the racers by developing a bunch of worthless tires that cost the racers when they are required to buy your junk. This statement sounds identical to the ones you have been telling the Wissota racer for how long and how much has it cost them over the years by having to replace useable tires with another newer better compound that doesn't last any longer.
    You are the reason people can not afford to race and this once great sport is dieing at an alarming rate but your greed does not allow you to see how you are helping this to happen. Shame on you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 72Dubya View Post
    Taken directly from Hoosier Midwest:

Hoosier comments on new A40-S
    HOOSIER Customers,
    Everyone at Hoosier Racing Tire and our affiliated distributors and dealers are keeping a close eye on the performance of our new A40-S UMP Modified Tire.
    It is my intent to attend UMP Mod events this coming weekend to see the results first-hand at Granite City, Pevely, and Quincy, IL.
    We don’t want to rush to any judgment as early season track prep, weather conditions, and rule changes can often lead to unusual results.
    One thing we know for sure from our tire testing is that everyone needs to reduce the amount and depth of their siping on the new A40-S. Let the tire do the work for you.
    We single siped the test tires when we evaluated them and had no issues with chunking and the tires fired right away.
    Also, the new A40-S will show a different wear characteristic than the old A40. Expect to see more grain and feathering. Buff the tire back to a smooth grain and race it again.
    We found the new A40-S will repeat much better than the old A40 and the wear will prevent the tire from “sealing up” in marginal track conditions.
    We had similar feedback initially on the LM30-S Late Model tire when customers oversiped and were too aggressive initially. Once they backed off their siping and got comfortable with the new wear pattern, they have been very happy ever since.
    Yes, we need to monitor the situation directly over the next 2-3 weeks. However it is too early in the game to make any adjustments yet.
    Thank you for your cooperation and understanding and please feel free to give us a call if you have any more specific questions.
    Sincerely,
    Shanon Rush
    Product Manager

[.................................................. ..................................... .......................................
    Last edited by team jarvis; 04-14-2015 at 05:13 PM.

What happened to my man from KS post about track canceling races due to junk A40S tires? Looks like it vanished like a fart in the wind.....what's the 411?
    drop it like iss hot.........gimme the 411, you know?

read all about it on STL, A40S not going well http://www.stlracing.com/community/i...s-tire.220339/

Sounds just like Wissota's tire issues. 35, 35R now 35W....

To: All WISSOTA Competitors, Promoters, Board of Directors

Hoosier Racing Tire takes great pride in the high standard of quality of our products. Recent production of the WISSOTA 35 has not met this standard. We want to sincerely apologize to all competitors and promoters who have been adversely affected by premature wear experienced on the rear wheel positions.

We want to assure all WISSOTA members that we recognize the problem and have taken steps to identify the issue and implement a solution. As of today, we do not have an answer to the cause of the problems associated with the WISSOTA 35. We have collected data and witnessed first-hand the issues being experienced by some competitors. This situation is being given the highest priority in our company and we can confidently say we will have an answer as to the cause.

In order to ensure no further issues would be experienced by competitors, Hoosier, along with representatives of WISSOTA, conducted a tire test to find a viable replacement for the WISSOTA 35 on the rear of the car. The decision was made based on the results of this tire test, to introduce a WISSOTA 35-R tire to be run on the rear wheel positions. We are confident the WISSOTA 35-R will eliminate the problems being experienced with the WISSOTA 35 tire. No issues were seen, and testing confirmed, the current WISSOTA 35 tire is acceptable for front wheel positions.

Words cannot express our extreme disappointment in this situation, especially considering how well the WISSOTA 35 tire had performed since its introduction. Our intention is to continue to work to return to the WISSOTA 35 tire which you have had for the previous 2 years. We will be testing throughout this summer to accomplish that goal and will keep WISSOTA members updated on our progress.

In an effort to minimize the financial impact experienced by some competitors, Hoosier Racing Tire, along with Hoosier Tire North and your authorized Hoosier tire dealers, will be implementing a 100% return adjustment procedure for eligible WISSOTA 35 tires. In order for a tire to be eligible for 100% adjustment/replacement, it must meet the following criteria:

-WISSOTA 35 rear drive tire with a production code from affected batches.

-New (unused, unsiped, never mounted) WISSOTA 35 rear drive tire or

-Used WISSOTA 35 rear drive tire which shows visible signs of tread delamination/excessive wear/excessive tread chunking

Tires must be returned to an authorized Hoosier Tire dealer or directly to Hoosier Tire North. Affected tires must be returned by August 1, 2013. No tires pertaining to this issue will be adjusted after this date.

We again thank all WISSOTA Competitors, Promoters, and the WISSOTA Board of Directors for your patience and understanding in dealing with this situation. Everyone at Hoosier Racing Tire knows you deserve better, and we will strive to provide you with the quality product and service you have come to expect from us.

Sincerely,

Joyce Newton

President

65465 U.S. 31 · LAKEVILLE, INDIANA 46536 · Phone (574) 784-3152 · Fax (574) 784-2385 · WEBSITE: www.hoosiertire.com

sure looking like Hoosier screwed the pooch on this deal. Read lot of comments on another board, (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) funny Hoosier now trying to blame the racing surface at I55. Track surface has been the same there for quite a while. Would be like blaming the same asphalt at a track when it was never repaved. To make matters worse UMP let the promoters say no more D's in a lot of places. So now what go out and buy some H's ?? (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) funny for Hoosier. Here the list of excuses so far: Too many racers siping the tires incorrectly Too abrasive racing surface Not enough cure time on the tires before they are sold The Wissota racers can tell you that none of these hold water... American Racer tires are looking better all the time. Time to dump UMP and Hoosier for a better tire for the class and a better sanction with only one tire option. Go ask the USRA racers they are not having these kind of issues. USRA is far from perfect but not this kind of grief.

I took a new A-s and covered it in Lime and wrapped it for a week and ran it last weekend on the RR during the heat and feature. Didnt even look like it hit the track .