Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier A40S

QQQQ.............How did the Tire work?? any Traction?

Quote Originally Posted by QQQQ View Post
    I took a new A-s and covered it in Lime and wrapped it for a week and ran it last weekend on the RR during the heat and feature. Didnt even look like it hit the track .
    I think the point here is Hoosier screwed the pooch. You shouldn't have to do all that to new tires to go racing. You don't have to do that to AR's that's for sure.

go talk to Dean Hoffman and he will tell you at I55 the new A40S did not even make one night. Hoosier is not doing there part, trying blame it one the racing surface,,,unreal its not like I55 brought in new abrasive dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by wadegarrett View Post
    go talk to Dean Hoffman and he will tell you at I55 the new A40S did not even make one night. Hoosier is not doing there part, trying blame it one the racing surface,,,unreal its not like I55 brought in new abrasive dirt.
    seems silly there able to make a sprint car tire last 55 laps there but not a mod tire .

It's only common sense that when people complained about the D's that there was no way hoosier and UMP were going to go without making money selling tires.

If UMP had any sense, they'd tell Hoosier to bite the big one and partner with AR for the KK704's. It would level the playing field, make the high $$ motors obsolete, and save the racers money too. Oh wait, I need to wake up. That'll never happen......

Quote Originally Posted by modracr41 View Post
    If UMP had any sense, they'd tell Hoosier to bite the big one and partner with AR for the KK704's. It would level the playing field, make the high $$ motors obsolete, and save the racers money too. Oh wait, I need to wake up. That'll never happen......
    But, wait it could happen. If the racers would take a stand together. Now it does not affect me so, I really have no say in how the drivers or owners could take a stand but, I'm sure there are plenty of you out there that it does affect and would have some good ideas on what to do. Now getting the majority on board that's another story but, if you could just maybe things could change.

A lot of us though, have sponsors that expect certain things.. Such as appearances. It's hard to risk that relationship too. On that note, I wish we COULD get rid of Hoosier!

Find a promoter with the balls to run these http://www.southwestspeed.com/?sec=view_part&id=9965
    and dump ump.

ed
    I would be all for that tire. Good luck with that though.
    Really the only people it would effect is your people that run for UMP points, which I only know of Devin Gilpin in this area that does.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

I would be ok with it .... also

I would run that tire. Or the G60.

Quote Originally Posted by race21j View Post
    I would run that tire. Or the G60.
    kk704 G60 anything but the current lineup of over priced trash and the promoters tg get it or have no cars.

Quote Originally Posted by erm11 View Post
    Find a promoter with the balls to run these http://www.southwestspeed.com/?sec=view_part&id=9965
    and dump ump.
    That tire would be AWESOME, if they would keep that price, and it didn't wear out like the POS hoosiers. Otherwise, KK704 AR's are the way to go. IMCA used them for years before Hoosier bribed them with the $$ and they changed to the Hoosier IMCA G60. Has anyone run these tires on an A mod?

Quote Originally Posted by modracr41 View Post
    I have nothing against that tire, but are you serious? UMP listened to the guys that can't set a car up so that D's would last and basically made that tire not legal anywhere. Then they said, take the spoilers away, that will level the playing field since the guys won't be able to hook up the car without a spoiler. I'm not sure if you paid attention to the florida mod races, but the cars were FASTER this year without the soft tires and without them traction gaining spoilers. If you are worried about the engines, then either petition for some type of engine rule, a track issued restrictor plate, or use the claim rule. This B.S. with changing tires year to year and body dimensions/rules is dumb. The first place to start with saving the class is actually enforcing the rules that are already printed!!

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    I have nothing against that tire, but are you serious? UMP listened to the guys that can't set a car up so that D's would last and basically made that tire not legal anywhere. Then they said, take the spoilers away, that will level the playing field since the guys won't be able to hook up the car without a spoiler. I'm not sure if you paid attention to the florida mod races, but the cars were FASTER this year without the soft tires and without them traction gaining spoilers. If you are worried about the engines, then either petition for some type of engine rule, a track issued restrictor plate, or use the claim rule. This B.S. with changing tires year to year and body dimensions/rules is dumb. The first place to start with saving the class is actually enforcing the rules that are already printed!!
    I would have to agree with this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQQ View Post
    I would have to agree with this statement.
    all good points. Usra has a good tire and decent rules and actual tech. Ump needs to leave, wonder what kind bucks promoters ate getting to keep ump around

Quote Originally Posted by wadegarrett View Post
    Dean won the feature one night and finished 4th in the feature the other night. I don't remember him coming in and changing tires during the feature.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    Would you please for life of me quit using common sense it's hurting my ears lol. Yes you are so right. Start with enforcing the rules you have and then work with the racers, car owners and tracks to come up with a good set of common sense rules and demand they be enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by stlracing View Post
    Dean won the feature one night and finished 4th in the feature the other night. I don't remember him coming in and changing tires during the feature.
    maybe not but on his post on you're site and fb he was less than pleased with a40s and he was not the only one