Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Peoria Speedway and their silly new rule

I hear they have a new rule where you can't leave and go to your car, if you do you have to pay another 13 bucks to get back in. They say it's because people are going out in the parking lot and getting drunk then coming back in and starting fights, I find that hard to believe and think it's because the want to sell more beer to people stuck inside and unable to go get there own during intermissions. I know I would never go to a track that wouldn't let me go to my car and get a blanket, coat or whatever else I needed. I think they are making a big mistake, all out of towners you have been warned.

Really? Quick fix. Hello Fairbury. And I'm 15 min. from Peoria.
    8/13/16

So I guess checking them at the gate to ensure they aren't noticeably drunk prior to coming back in is out of the question????
    Let's just penalize everybody..........

Three words for ya..........see ya Peoria.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Yeah BBQ one would think they wouldn't let drunks back in once they left. This not the first track has done this. But I can see why they doing it if they having that kind of problems. All it takes a couple bad apple make other people punish for it. At same time I don't see no problem with this. They need make money on food and drinks. if it's going be a cold that night bring all the stuff you going need. If you need ear plugs or glasses bring them with you.

You must not travel much. LOTS of tracks do this

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    Actually, I travel a lot!!!

I just travel prepared, plus am normally in the pits anyway........

Oh really, which ones? name them

I have been lucky enough to travel to over 100 speedways and I have never had a track do this. There are other ways to combat the issue rather than punishing all of the fans. They probably will accomplish their goal though when they start losing fans and end up closing the track. For everyone's sake, let's hope that doesn't happen.

I have never been to one ...I have a motorhome and I go out to use bathroom or to get warm or in between races...I follow all summernational races and been to many more tracks and have NEVER been told I can't go out without paying to get back in...I was at Lasalle last weekend and went out several times to warm up....they gave me a blue card to get back in when you return....you CAN"T punish all the people because of the action of a few drunks....I guess that makes putting your blanket down at 4 o'clock and then going back out to the motorhome until race starts out of the question at Peoria Speedway....I think it's a mistake...

you also have to open your bag or purse, water candy bars etc. has to be thrown away

Well I guess people will have to "get tanked" in the parking lot first before entering!! By God that'll show em!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    you also have to open your bag or purse, water candy bars etc. has to be thrown away
    So if I have to go out to my rv and get an insulin shot( which would be in my refrigerator since clearly I'm not allowed to bring a cooler in Peoria) to prevent me from going into anaphylactic shock, then they are going to charge me another entry fee to get back in after I went out to save my own life.

Yep, makes perfect sense to me..................

I look at it like this..............if they are worried about me , you or anybody else sneaking in a candy bar or a certain kind of water or soda that they like because they are afraid of what they are going to loose in sales at the snack bar.
    Then they are already in trouble with their money and won't be around much longer to try and improve what they have clearly screwed up already.

They should start frisking people to make sure that they aren't sneaking in any common sense.......I would start with the promotors and owners first.

Do not let this happen to your local race track, please support motorsports in your area.

Bad owners and or bad promoters making bad decisions are the primary reasons that MOST tracks close to begin with.........I can't think of a single track that is being run correctly ever closing , unless the guy running it or owning it just decided to retire or passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Now........ Just about every track I've been to do this. Heck, I'm surprise when they don't.

I agree with not letting you bring any food or drinks in. I've been to at least 25 different tracks in the Midwest and Peoria is the only one I ever seen not let you leave and come back in.

I think Jason Plumer is doing a great job with the track but this is a huge mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    So if I have to go out to my rv and get an insulin shot( which would be in my refrigerator since clearly I'm not allowed to bring a cooler in Peoria) to prevent me from going into anaphylactic shock, then they are going to charge me another entry fee to get back in after I went out to save my own life.

Yep, makes perfect sense to me..................

I look at it like this..............if they are worried about me , you or anybody else sneaking in a candy bar or a certain kind of water or soda that they like because they are afraid of what they are going to loose in sales at the snack bar.
    Then they are already in trouble with their money and won't be around much longer to try and improve what they have clearly screwed up already.

They should start frisking people to make sure that they aren't sneaking in any common sense.......I would start with the promotors and owners first.
    Is that a Snickers bar in your pants pocket or are you just happy????

Better yet: Are those real or are they just Grapefruits????

Here is a clue if you don't like what you "heard", Stay away from Peoria.Just be a keyboard jockey and continue hating Peoria. Great news Spoon River will be open soon and you can pay to bring your cooler in EACH time you come back in with it. Waiting for that to blow up and cause issues.
    Steve Anderson Esq.

How about a sign at the front gate that states, if you fight at the track you will arrested and you will be kicked out for the remainder of the year. No matter if you are in the stands or in the pits.

Quote Originally Posted by sasteveo023 View Post
    Here is a clue if you don't like what you "heard", Stay away from Peoria.Just be a keyboard jockey and continue hating Peoria. Great news Spoon River will be open soon and you can pay to bring your cooler in EACH time you come back in with it. Waiting for that to blow up and cause issues.
    Already on my to do list Steve............

Good luck with that new re enter rule.........hope it doesnt add to the misery and put it BACK under water.

Does that track not have a law enforcement presence????? I would think a few hot laps around the parking lot from deputy dog would curtail the drinking in the parking lot scenario as was described being the reason for the rule itself.