Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    How about a sign at the front gate that states, if you fight at the track you will arrested and you will be kicked out for the remainder of the year. No matter if you are in the stands or in the pits.
    All rise.............common sense has just entered the courtroom!!!!!

Nice post rock......it's kinda how it's done at a lot of the tracks that I have ever been to on a Saturday night( dirt or asphalt)

The troublemakers get punished, not the people who act right.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    All rise.............common sense has just entered the courtroom!!!!!

Nice post rock......it's kinda how it's done at a lot of the tracks that I have ever been to on a Saturday night( dirt or asphalt)

The troublemakers get punished, not the people who act right.
    Yep why punish those that do what's right. They are just out to have a good time and have a few beers without causing any trouble.

About thirty years ago I met a business owner who was very saavy ...........he gave me his card , and like with most business cards, I filed it away deep in my wallet.

This particular guy ( and his staff) were very good at customer service along with making his business very customer friendly ..........he wasn't the cheapest guy in town, but went on to become a very big player in his arena of business and I always tried to patronize him when possible.

One day when cleaning out my wallet,I ran across his card and was about to throw it away and then I flipped it over to the back side , and the back side read the following..........

WHY CUSTOMERS LEAVE.......
    1%.....die
    3%.....move away
    5%....because of other friendships or relationships from similar businesses
    9%....for competitive reasons( better prices somewhere else)
    14%...product dissatisfaction
    68%....because of the poor attitude or bad service from ONE employee.

It's still in my wallet( laminated for quick reference) to this day.........

Quote Originally Posted by sasteveo023 View Post
    Here is a clue if you don't like what you "heard", Stay away from Peoria.Just be a keyboard jockey and continue hating Peoria. Great news Spoon River will be open soon and you can pay to bring your cooler in EACH time you come back in with it. Waiting for that to blow up and cause issues.
    yea...and that's why sometimes their isn't even 500 fans in the stands there at Spoon....
    Last edited by highgroove; 04-06-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtwriter View Post
    Oh really, which ones? name them
    dirtwriter : I can name one 34 raceway in Burlington IA. They started doing this 2 years ago. Not being a smart ass. Just thought I would point that out.

Default I can recall a couple...........

Spoon had the rule for a while......as did J ville years back....Jason is trying it this way to change some folks who attend Peoria.....Some times it gets pretty weird there ......Might work Might not........I hope he can make it work...................BB

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    You must not travel much. LOTS of tracks do this
    I don't know where you're from, but no, lots of tracks don't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    I don't know where you're from, but no, lots of tracks don't do this.
    What he said ^^^^^....I can just see an official telling me I cant go to my truck after spending $30-45 for a pit pass!

I could hear an official telling me that .....................ONCE.

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    You must not travel much. LOTS of tracks do this
    Sorry but I travel all over the Usa for late models races and have been to a bunch of tracks all over the country along with every major dirt late model race and have not seen this once sorry but I highly disagree

Kumoneyewannalaya Island, along the IP Freely Expressway

Don't you boys pay no mind to ole J20, that boy ain't right Also... I'd be very skeptical about what the original poster has to say, he's just a clown on acid!!!! Lmao....

If this is true however, it's BS!!!! How stupid can ya get??? Also if true, I'm canceling my trip down there this weekend, and any other time for that matter, but like I said...

People won't go if this is true, most people could give a da** if a dirt track closes or not, they will just do something else, this is B.S. Just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Happy View Post
    Don't you boys pay no mind to ole J20, that boy ain't right Also... I'd be very skeptical about what the original poster has to say, he's just a clown on acid!!!! Lmao....

If this is true however, it's BS!!!! How stupid can ya get??? Also if true, I'm canceling my trip down there this weekend, and any other time for that matter, but like I said...
    It's true. Look at Jason Plumers Facebook page. They are also going through everyone's bags and removing water bottles, candy, or any other food item. $o I wonder what$ making them do thi$. Been going to dirt tracks for 30 years and have never seen this before

Next they will want to do a cavity search, where will it stop.

Confiscating candy bars and water bottles ????

If true,Drunkards in the parking lots are the least of their worries

Good luck to all.

Kumoneyewannalaya Island, along the IP Freely Expressway

Spoon River is the only place that I know of that does or did something similar. They let ya go out but if you come back with more beer... they charge you for it!! Just ridicules...

I'm just curious would people pay more to get in if Tracks did not provide concessions and let you bring your own in. And if one gets to drunk and causes problems should they be banned from coming in?

The margin for profit or even breaking even could come down to concession at some tracks. I know some are thinking that's stupid but, really it's not. If you could get promoters to tell you the truth you may be surprised and then understand why they don't want you brining in your own.

Captain Happy, I don't see anything wrong with Spoon charging $5 to bring a cooler in every time through the gate. Whats that $1.20 a beer for a 6-pack. Its better than not bring any beer in at all since they can't sell it because their in a dry township. Most of the time I attend Peoria but after last Saturday Nights ordeal I will be spending my money at Spoon or Fairbury.

2014: Go to the Bohlander with a group of 15 people. Arrive early since we are all coming from different towns. Go in and save some seats and return to parking lot. Drink some beers, listen to some tunes, laugh, get caught up and have some social time before the races start. Pay for entry into the track, buy plenty more beer and food inside the gate. (DD's are in our group) Watch some races, buy more beer and food, have fun with friends, party responsibly and head to pits after races for some beers and laughs with our racing buddies.

2015: Don't need the hassle...wait until Farmer City next Saturday.

34 Raceway in Burlington, IA has the same policy.