Default Roaring Knob Motorsports complex this Saturday April the 11th

this Saturday April the 11th Super Late Models rush Late Models Street Stocks 4 cylindersremember Street Stocks 358 cubic inch has no weight limitwarm up again at five o clock Racing will start at 530

Lightbulb

If I weren't a genius , I'm not sure I would've comprehended this post...
    Opinions may vary...

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Donnit View Post
    If I weren't a genius , I'm not sure I would've comprehended this post...
    Just think of the comprehension you would have had if your had passed the wyl e coyote super genius test on line.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

weather is looking good for Saturday hot laps 5 o'clock pit open at 3 grandstands open at 330

I wonder who is running the track this year?

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Ric Jones is still running the track

Quote Originally Posted by WVRACEFAN View Post
    Ric Jones is still running the track
    "This Man wants your Money"..

after a weekend at "The Rock" back when he was promoter the phrase was coined.

As much as I don't agree with some of the things done at the knob. I still go just because its the closest track to my home. But I want to be the first to say what a good job they did getting the show in last night. A week of heavy rain before the race & there were 25 mph winds the entire day Saturday. The late model feature was completed at 7:30 pm with Tim scenic running away with the feature after his closest competition mike benedum took a dnf.. Good job rick & crew.
    Last edited by WVRACEFAN; 04-12-2015 at 09:17 AM.

I Pitty you wvracefan that guy destroys every track he runs ......heard Rick is kicked out of Hagerstown for screwing Ernie Davis over ........ This is his last track messed up Potomac Cumberland now Hagerstown

You don't no nothing about this man ,as far as Ernie and Rick they are best of friends,Rick only wants to run 1 track since his brother passed, Rick left Potomac in 2008 because his lease was up ,he had good car counts, How can you say things like that about him and his staff, He brought us a lot of big races up here more than anybody ever did,He will take a chance on a lot of races ,when no one else would, When you talk about him you talk about his staff to, we think he does a great job, you have the right name,BIG MOUTH THAT KNOWS NOTHING,,,

Quote Originally Posted by RoaringKnob View Post
    You don't no nothing about this man ,as far as Ernie and Rick they are best of friends,Rick only wants to run 1 track since his brother passed, Rick left Potomac in 2008 because his lease was up ,he had good car counts, How can you say things like that about him and his staff, He brought us a lot of big races up here more than anybody ever did,He will take a chance on a lot of races ,when no one else would, When you talk about him you talk about his staff to, we think he does a great job, you have the right name,BIG MOUTH THAT KNOWS NOTHING,,,
    Excellent PR work, I'm sure a classy post like that will have hordes of fans coming through the gates next week.

you guys think you know everything you should become a promoter and just try filling his shoes for one week second he never owned Cumberland third the new promoter at Cumberland says he is doing all these updates to the track and the county has done nothing with the new guy just like Rick Jones they did nothing to help,I thank him every year for giving us a place to race.

Quote Originally Posted by RoaringKnob View Post
    you guys think you know everything you should become a promoter and just try filling his shoes for one week second he never owned Cumberland third the new promoter at Cumberland says he is doing all these updates to the track and the county has done nothing with the new guy just like Rick Jones they did nothing to help,I thank him every year for giving us a place to race.
    Being a track promoter isn't an easy job, but don't make him sound like a super hero. I promoted for years and I've seen many other people do it for even longer. Never have I seen one person have such a negative reputation. You may be the very first person I've ever seen say a nice thing about him. That is compared to dozens of people on every post that mentions him, and many more on facebook and in person. He clearly has an awful track record and a history of making horrible decisions.

You are more than welcome to defend him, but please don't act like he is the only person in the history of the world to promote a race track. Although he may be the first to promote a race track and have enough people who can't stand him to fill the stands three times over.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

There is a huge difference in promoting it vs. just running it.........

Running it , normally means status quo or straight into the ground...........promoting it normally means that your are building something for the future.

A lot of business's get that confused..............to be long term successful, you must promote.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Default send money

Here I sit 14th April 2015 still waiting for my pay from 3rd July 2014 for a Wednesday night Lucas Oil Crate Race. That night the lady at the pay window said if I couldn't wait that they would mail it since they didn't have it ready when I was ready to leave. Went back in mid-August thinking pay would be waiting for me, but they didn't have it. Talked to every official that I was directed to including Rick Jones. Was promised by all that it would be taken care of. STILL WAITING!!!!!!!!!
    Take it form one who knows don't leave without getting paid.

Question

Didn't get paid for a crate late race...

Did they run out of hot dogs and cokes...
    Opinions may vary...

i still enjoy going to roaring knob. its really not that much different compared to the pre-jones era. its still racey, car counts are consistant with other tracks in that area(southwestern pa, elkins, tyler county) for weekly shows...its kinda funny, the masses didnt start going to roaring knob until rick jones brought in the Lucas Oil series and the speed"week" show both of which keep coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by th3Swami View Post
    i still enjoy going to roaring knob. its really not that much different compared to the pre-jones era. its still racey, car counts are consistant with other tracks in that area(southwestern pa, elkins, tyler county) for weekly shows...its kinda funny, the masses didnt start going to roaring knob until rick jones brought in the Lucas Oil series and the speed"week" show both of which keep coming back.
    I agree. I like the place a lot, actually. I started going occasionally there before Rick Jones and I go occasionally now with him in charge and I haven't really noticed any difference at all.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Lightbulb

I'd still go if they would schedule more 410 races...
    Opinions may vary...