Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by outofcontrol View Post
    the lr feels like its not coming up on bars the lift bar spring is a 325 and it showed about 6 inches of travel on 5th coil is that to much travel
    Way too much.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

so what would you recomend going to stiffer spring could that be the reason the rear has no action

Are you measuring this travel at ride height or on jack stands ? I
    Don't even think there's 6" available at ride height before the shock bottoms out. Do you have any preload on it ?

At ride height sitting on the ground 2 turns of preload we put a additional 4 turns in it and made some practice laps it reduced travel down to around 4 inches and car starter to move a little but not a lot

Thats ALOT of travel maybe its trying to lift the front?

I've always found with 7" of pinion angle anything over 4" of travel on the 5th shock levels the rear with drive shaft angle and breaks traction, i'd go back to the setup sheet and make shore all the setting are right, rear location, pinion angle,, and make shore the spring is a 325 and not a 225.

Do you have your 5th coil way back by chance? The further back it is, the softer it "feels" to the rear end and that can make it travel more. This causes a lot of axle wrap up which raises the pinion side of the j-bar and can get you really loose.
    Obviously we're all kind of making educated guesses at this point but this could be part of your problem. How far out is your 5th coil? For a 325 I wouldn't want it any closer than 33".

It's at 36 inches