Default Looking for advice , New to 4 links and have unique circumstances..

Hello everyone I'm new to 4m and new to the world of 4 links , my name is Bobby Hackel and Im 20 years old and live in Albany Ny , I race center steer northeast center steer modified's. The reason I'm here and wasting your time reading this is because I have built a unconventional modified for my area with a 4 link rear suspension . I'm not looking for a complete setup or anything like that , I just need some advice with things and some do's and don'ts and I'm posting in the late model form because of the tires I use compared to ump or imca cars . Later today I will post a complete spec list of some of the things I'm stuck working with and differences . Thank you for your time

Some major differences are that I am stuck using alum torque arms and a floor biscuit on sliders . There is no room for a push or pull bar on top due to the driver seating position . I am using 18 inch rods on top and 16 on bottom . My shocks are behind the birdcages. On left and right rear I have a brake floater from keyser manufacturing on the left rear currently with a 18 inch rod infront of the LR . with a I have an adjustable pan hard bar on the right side . Unfortunately the front end is a straight axel mandates by rules with about 10 deg of caster and 2.5 degress rf camber . I am using Integra alum body shocks , 7 inch shaft on front and 9 inch on rear . Some of my questions are how do I properly measure indexing or degree of birdcages for setup purposes , where should my brake floater be clocked , how do I measure things such as droop? And any other things I should watch ?

I can take any pictures of anything for help as well

don't sound like your doing much different than troyer 4 link mods did back 10 years ago, check with troyer there might be some imfo there, the 4 link cars where great on long slick races, but the best parts of a 4 link setup on a latemodel is the torque arm and the panhard or j-bar. I believe they missed the boat on that, is this a factory setup on your mod or some thing you created.

The track I race on is Albany Saratoga Speedway , after the first few races it gets very hard dry and slick and everyone is fighting for forward drive , that's why I decided to build this car to try and gain an advantage . My father had a troyer four link on torsion bars back in 2000 and had really liked it but it seems that a lot of things are much better than back then especially the birdcages and such . My rules do allow a j bar . What advantages or disadvantages are there to a j bar?

Pictures are always good I don't know what a floor biscuit slider is.

If you are running at Albany Saratoga, get hold of Kenny Tremont. He was the master of the Troyer 4 links when they were being run. He should be able to help with anything you have questions on. I had a couple 4 links and they ran real well when the set up and track was right but were a handful when you were off just a little.

powerslide, the north eastern mod are there own animal, basically there a overgrown sprint car with a body. the problem is there's not a lot of room any where in the back for a latemodel design suspension. always felt a torgue link on top the rear and a j- bar mounted on the left was the way to go sorta like a imca mod, but never got to try it. problem is you cant use a j-bar with the torgue arm and floor slider because the j-bar mount on the right on the rear and goes to the left to the frame. ne mods use a pan hard on the right.