Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire Treating

Default Tire Treating

What is the guys doing that are winning using tire treatment?

hard work and having a good car..

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHUA31 View Post
    You are more likely to learn who the 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll was before they tell you how to prep tires on here. John 1*
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

Not getting caught............Hint: If you only use chemicals that are used to make tires(without the strong penetrants), that is not illegal.

Cool yea trust me

Not telling a soul

Quote Originally Posted by drtrkr244 View Post
    Not getting caught............Hint: If you only use chemicals that are used to make tires(without the strong penetrants), that is not illegal.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night!

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    Whatever helps you sleep at night!
    I sleep just fine!......I'm only putting back that naturally leaches out. Many are doing the same in my area, as we all use the same supplier.

Save money and go faster is hard to argue with!

I heard this a few years ago from a well known modified guy I was pitted next too... another driver asked him about how he was consistently so fast (being snobby as he asked like he was accusing him of cheating) and his answer was "You can complain about me all you want, I really don't mind, but you won't get anything from me as long as you still have last weeks mud on your car"

That has stuck with me tons, and it just speaks for how far a good weekly maintenance program will take you.
    Last edited by 72Dubya; 04-13-2015 at 08:49 AM. Reason: typo
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

Having all your heims free and lubricated will go a lot farther to making you a winner than dippin tires in crap. As for "replacing" lost chemicals it's all cheating in the rule book.

Use a Vulcanizer, A solvent, and an lubricant to keep the solvent from evaporating so quickly off the tire so it can work. What you decide to use is trial and error hard to tell people what you use because it takes so long to research it.

Quote Originally Posted by hpmaster View Post
    Having all your heims free and lubricated will go a lot farther to making you a winner than dippin tires in crap. As for "replacing" lost chemicals it's all cheating in the rule book.
    I agree on both counts. I have seen races lost because of tire sauce.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Yeah. MasterSbilt I agree. The stuff is outright dangerous to your health as well. It takes so much time to do. I'd rather spend my time elsewhere. The oils in the tires are what you're replacing and the oils leave it from improper storage, washing or age, dunno why you'd want to dip it anyways yeah you can maybe run a little better with them but most tracks ban it and you don't feel as good as if you win upright.

Quote: The stuff is outright dangerous to your health as well.

There are products on the market that are carcinogen and VOC free. It's just as safe as dish soap as everything in it is on the FDA non toxic list.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardracing View Post
    Quote: The stuff is outright dangerous to your health as well.

There are products on the market that are carcinogen and VOC free. It's just as safe as dish soap as everything in it is on the FDA non toxic list.
    and still against the rules....

Sorry Lizard if there is I haven't seen it. I made my comment based on traditional soaks, most anyone would see or buy. I would be interested to see how well the ones you speak of work. I guess it depends what your goal is. A good one is going to have certain elements to it, shoot me a PM with it I'd like to see it.

If you have a track that requires 1600's and doesn't test and you don't think people juicing their tires your crazy . That's what I like about Lucas races and eldora races .... Everyone is on a level tire playing field without risking their health.

We still have people down here in the south using Kresote!!!! At my local asphalt track soaking was so bad it was blamed for the quicker erosion of the track surface, dunno if thats true seems that way, but when cars pulled onto the track leaving black tire marks....it was some strong stuff! When you have to wear chemical gloves and respirators ill pass!

methylethylkeytone is some bad stuff anyone using this has no concern for their health or anyone elses

I believe most of the negative posts on here are from the ones that spray on their chemicals. That is not the most practical or efficient. A better way is to invest in a rotisserie with a timer and heat strip. Sure, a good one will run 2-3 thousand but it will soon pay for itself, with better results and also treating other racers tires. Simply pour in 12-16oz of your favorite chem., set the timer and thermometer and forget it.

This is just my opinion but the problem lies with track owners and Hoosier. When you cant get the proper compound to match the track conditions (2015 East Bay), or any technical info from Hoosier, a racer has to do what is necessary to maximize the use of their tires. Trust me when I tell you guys this......even the national touring guys are treating their tires!