Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tire Treating

Yeah it will pass a sniff test because a sniffer tests for hydrocarbons in most solvents. If you use things that won't trigger a sniffer you will pass it, if they sipe rubber from your tire you will be popped in a benchmark test.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gray View Post
    Most people do it. A very popular blend comes from lttl . The cost I think outweighs the means it will not make a tenth place car a winner. But if you use it properly you can make your tires more evenly consistent between tire changes. And they will fire sooner.

Yes you can pass a tire test with it regardless of what peopl tell you. We got 4 to pass the sniffer at a major ump event. This was a known test not just a one time deal that was tried to pull the wool over the tech person.
    Yes you can still beat guys that are using prep if you put in the time and effort to learn how to make your car work.

No I don't endorse it and if your looking for speed from it your already behind the game.

But I do know it works best on harder compounds and if you are racing somewhere they don't tech tires a good blend is 1 gal of xylene mixed with 1 gal of toluene and a quart of dex 6 trans fluid. Use about 1 oz per inch of tread width and rotate the tire for 24 hrs. You can also apply it to the outside a day or 2 before and even use it between heats to get the tires going.

Your tire will not like this for very long so be prepared to get new ones. Or call Jim moon he will sell yA some inside prep that a number of top guys have been popped for.

7 ounces not 8 lol

6 not 7 get it right.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzj...r-nation_sport

Moonman great for a laugh

Around here the tech man takes samples and says they r sent to a lab. Come to find out they get thrown in the trash. There's a certain few with money and ties with the track that get by with it. It makes it hard for the little man to compete with that. If they track would grow a pair and throw them out, and run straight up, they would have more cars than they could run. Why can't these places be honest and not cater to money?

Quote Originally Posted by fromthehills View Post
    Around here the tech man takes samples and says they r sent to a lab. Come to find out they get thrown in the trash. There's a certain few with money and ties with the track that get by with it. It makes it hard for the little man to compete with that. If they track would grow a pair and throw them out, and run straight up, they would have more cars than they could run. Why can't these places be honest and not cater to money?
    Reminds me of Bob Memmer and Birkhofer after he won the world the first time. Memmer confiscates a tire, loads it in his van for "testing", drives out the gate, waits for Birky, hands his tire back to him and heads down the road. Lol just like the sniffer tests, it's all for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcollins82 View Post
    Reminds me of Bob Memmer and Birkhofer after he won the world the first time. Memmer confiscates a tire, loads it in his van for "testing", drives out the gate, waits for Birky, hands his tire back to him and heads down the road. Lol just like the sniffer tests, it's all for the show.
    Fans love a good show

Reminds me of a story years ago. We shoved our car thru the dirt to the Hot shoot when everyone else was on pit carts and when we got there the smell of tire dope was in the air and every car waiting to start the feature had their tires rapped in plastic. Kinda like a picnic Samich, everyone had 4 big tasty ones. I felt we were screwed as technology had passed us overnight waiting on the Big show. So I grabbed a wet rag and washed our tires down with water so we at least looked like the professionals. When they dropped the big green rag we spanked the azz off the pros. Stick to working on the chassis and driver to win races !
    Last edited by 1Blacksheep; 04-21-2015 at 08:32 PM.
    The Blacksheep cometh ! With old bent sh!t that just keeps getting faster !