Default What's Derren Miller up to these days

Anyone know what he's doing now that he's not racing? I had thought he was still going to stay involved some how but haven't seen his name anywhere for awhile.

I wish he would come back.....Good Illinois driver.....

I talked to him and his dad years ago at the DTWC when it was still at kc/atomic. They talked like they were farmers, I'd assume that's what they're up too now days, both nice people.

I'll never forget the 08 north south 100, when he stalked Bloomquist for 80 some laps then just left him sitting, I went and bought Darren Miller shirt after that.

Thumbs up

I saw him win a race with the old Stacker 2 (Doug Bland , Goodyear) series at the now defunct I-20 Speedway, in Leesville SC.
    Last edited by Slideways; 04-18-2015 at 01:24 PM.
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Slideways View Post
    I saw him win a race with the old Stacker 2 (Doug Bland , Goodyear) series at the now defunct I-20 Speedway, in Leesville SC, back in 1990-something.
    That was 2004.

I grew up watching Darren Miller first at Freeport speedway and then started to travel a bit to watch him race whenever and wherever I could. I seen a ton of good battles between him and Gary Webb when he was still in the Moring ride. I also loved to watch him battle it out with Birky all the time in the WDRL days. It's a shame he isn't racing anymore. I've heard he was doing excavating, but still works on and setsup cars. My brother talked to him about a year ago and he didn't completely shut the door on racing agiain if the right opportunity or ride came along but I think he enjoys being home with the family. Ya never know

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    That was 2004.
    Thanks Crossbones, I sure missed that by a mile!!
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

zyoung 25, if you remember that race the drivers were shooting the tee shirt gun into the stands during introductions. i was walking behind the grandstand & his shirt dropped right into my hands. always a thriller fan!

I was walking souvenir alley at Cedar Lake around 2002 or 3 and met a woman selling t-shirts from a fold up table. It was Darren Millers wife and after talking to her bought a shirt (first of many) and was a thriller fan ever since. I was one of the few wearing a miller shirt the night he won the North/South race! Miss watching him a ton.
    Here's to the "Highside Hustler" #25 Feger!!