Default Speedway Illustrated buys out Late Model Illustrated

Last edited by MDB; 04-12-2015 at 07:19 PM.
    Marty Bingham
    Bingham Freelance Photography

SPEEDWAY ILLUSTRATED ACQUIRES LATE MODEL ILLUSTRATED
    (For release on April 12, 2015 at 7 p.m.)
    Speedway Illustrated and Late Model Illustrated announce agreement.
    In a joint announcement, publishers Karl Fredrickson and Brian McLeod announced that Speedway Illustrated has acquired Late Model Illustrated.
    After being in the racing publication industry for nearly 30 years, Brian and Carolyn McLeod have announced their retirement from publishing.
    The McLeods made arrangements for Speedway Illustrated to fulfill Late Model Illustrated subscriptions. “Our two publications have always held the highest regard for each other,” said McLeod. “While Late Model Illustrated subscribers have enjoyed the singular focus of our title, we’re convinced they’ll be pleased with the wide array of short track racing, particularly of our beloved dirt Late Models, that can be found in Speedway Illustrated.”
    McLeod’s primary focus has been to ensure subscribers received fair-value for their subscriptions. “We agreed that Speedway Illustrated will send a minimum of six issues and fulfill the balance for those who had longer to go,” Fredrickson said. “Hundreds had subscriptions to both titles, so we’ll be extending their Speedway Illustrated subscriptions, too.”
    McLeod said his staff deserves credit for a top-shelf showcase product for dirt Late Model racing. Fredrickson invited Late Model Illustrated contributors to continue their fine work within the pages of Speedway Illustrated. McLeod said, “Carolyn and I both still love the creative side of publishing, including the writing, photography and design.
    “The entire staff at Speedway Illustrated was very gracious during the merger, and we thank them for their professionalism,” McLeod said.
    There will be no refunds on Late Model Illustrated subscriptions.
    “That was the best we could do for our customers, and we’ve been steadily working to make sure our readers received value for their subscription, which we accomplished by having them receive Speedway Illustrated,” McLeod said. “We have had an extremely loyal readership over the years, and it breaks our hearts to leave them hanging with a quick decision like we’ve had to make. We’ve had tremendous support from the industry for three decades and appreciate every kind word or gesture we’ve received from our readers, advertisers and supporters.”

OH !! Hot (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) we get a magizne that we are not even intrested in. How fair is that ? Amazing this buyout happened without the people who bought the mag ever knowing about it. I have not got a issue since 12-14 . Great way to run a business The McLEOD FAMILY MADE THEIR MONEY BUT WE LOST OURS. Thanks for nothing again Second mag of theirs to rip me off. B--- Sh--!!!

did I read that last part right? you get speedway Illustrated instead of Late Model Illustrated? im not a subscriber, just wondering why they would do that " if i read that right"?

You do get Speedway Illustrated in place of your LMI subscription. Speedway Illustrated purchased their business which includes their mailing list and everything involved with said business.

Well, it's not like their subscribers had a choice. For better or worse, we are now subscribers of Speedway Illustrated.

I'm glad that S.I. picked up the balance of the subscriptions.
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...