Default 1 piece rear seal crank in a 2 piece rear seal block?

Can I use a a crank from a 1 piece rear seal block in the older block that requires a 2 piece rear seal? Or do I have to use a crank with the oil slinger. The reason I ask is I ordered a new crank with the oil slinger and they sent me the new style without the oil slinger. They told me the other style isn't available. I've read conflicting opinions. Some say it will leak. Others say it will be fine. Just wanted to get some of your opinions or experiences. Thank you.

I may be mistaken but I dont think that crank will work in an older style 2.3L block. You can see the one pc. rear main looking at the back of that block, where the 2 pc. is further inside the end cap. You can do the exact opposite of what you have by grinding the oil slinger off. My bet is it WILL leak like a sieve.

What type of engine? You need to tell us what engine you are referring to.

as long as you install the 2 piece seal correctly it will work. i have done it a number of times. large journal cranks.

olin

Sorry. 2.3 ford.

mine leaked all the time

The cranks inter change. However you should clean up the oil return pasages for petter rewults.

Thanks to everyone that replied. we're gonna try it.