FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

April 16, 2015

Ray Cook Breaks Through with $3,000 Spring Championship Victory at Dixie!

(BRASSTOWN, NORTH CAROLINA) Ray Cook Racing finally broke through to capture their first victory of the 2015 racing season on Saturday evening, April 11 at the historic Dixie Speedway in Woodstock, Georgia! After several near misses and some bad luck along the way, Ray Cook picked up the $3,000 paycheck Saturday in the annual 'Spring Championship' at the Atlanta-area speedplant.

Ray posted the fastest lap during the qualifying session to earn the pole position for the 40-lapper, which he eventually led from flag-to-flag. Behind his #53 Capital racecar at the checkers were machines driven by Jason Hiett, Todd Morrow, Dale Thurman, and Jason Croft. Full results from the unsanctioned 'Spring Championship' at Dixie can be accessed online at www.dixiespeedway.com.

“It was a good race and I was fortunate enough to hang on in lapped traffic to get the win,” quoted Cook earlier this week. “I didn’t have new tires on in the feature and my left rear was completely slick at the end of the race. I was definitely hanging on out there, but finally something went our way this year. We have a fast Capital racecar, but mechanical bugs have just been biting us all year long. Maybe we can put those behind us and have a great rest of the 2015 season!”

The popular driver known as the “Tarheel Tiger” will now take the upcoming April 17-18 weekend off from racing action. Ray will travel with his Old Man’s Garage Spring Nationals tour, as the series will preside over a pair of events in the Peach State of Georgia. The Swainsboro Raceway in Swainsboro, Georgia will host a $6,000 to win program on Friday night, while Golden Isles Speedway near Brunswick, Georgia will play host to a $10,000 to win showdown on Saturday evening. Additional information on the Spring Nationals Series can be viewed by pointing your web browser to www.southernnationalsseries.com.

Ray Cook Racing would like to thank the following group of sponsors for their continued support: A+ Moving and Storage, Tommy Pope Construction, Phillips Properties, Motion Sensors, American Racer South, Capital Race Cars, VP Racing Fuels, Jay D1ckens Racing Engines, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil, Old Man’s Garage, K&N Filters, Performance Rod & Custom (PRC), Collins Signs, Wilwood Engineering, The Joie of Seating, Integra Racing Shocks, GW Performance, Bert Transmissions, Turbo Start Batteries, Frankland Racing Supply, Stealth Carburetors, ISC Racer’s Tape, Delph Communications, Wiles Driveshafts, Peterson Fluid Systems, and MSD Ignition.

For the latest news and schedule information concerning the #53 team, feel free to visit their official Internet home at www.RayCook53.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com