I just purchased a 2001 wide combination car. It is clean and straight. It has not been raced in nearly ten years. It currently has what I believe are the correct length front upper and lower arms. (7.75" rf upper, 17 5/8" RF lower. 11" lf upper mounted inside frame, 16 5/8" LF Lower.) We will be running a steel block, aluminum head, wet sump 406 with around 700-750 hp. Our rules allow for 8" of setback, which we will take advantage of. We also have no weight rule or tire rule. I weigh approximately 185 pounds. We run at a track called Eriez speedway in Hammett, PA. This is a regular track for Chub Frank, Boom Briggs and Robbie Blair. This is a small, tight, 1/3 mile track with very little banking in either corner. If you do a search for the track on YouTube you will find many good videos that show the type of track. In addition, if you search "Eriez in car", you will find videos of Bump Hedman and Max Blair as they run through an evening of racing. The track usually starts tacky and either ends dry slick, or really rough. Not too often does it get rubbered down. This is a tight track where running wide open all the way around is not an option for anyone.
We will be running Afco oil double adjustables on all four corners. We usually run 1200 compound Hoosiers for heats. Then 1325 RR, 1300 LR, and either a 1200 or 1225 RF and 1200 LF for features. This track usually requires gearing in the low 6 range.

I am looking for a "vanilla" setup for this type of condition. I have three years of driving experience in a late model, but it was significantly underpowered (only around 550hp), and the old car was plagued with many issues that I had to discover and remedy, which presented excellent opportunities to learn how these cars actually work. I am looking to move up in the ranks and possibly compete for top ten finishes with this car (On average 15-18 cars show each week).

I do have setup sheets from Mastersbilt for when the car was "new". It recommends 500 lb springs on both fronts, a 225 LR and a 200 RR. This appears to be "old technology", and many people run stiffer LF and softer (around 350) on the RF. I do have the arms to switch to the newer 8.75" upper RF, 19" lower RF if that is of any consequence. And the left rear corner always seems to be a point of contention amongst racers as they try many different setups there. Again, I am looking for somewhat of a simple setup that will get me started. I am familiar with the dynamics of four bar tuning, so once I'm in the ballpark I could probably adjust accordingly with little issue. I hope that I provided you with ample information for you to establish a baseline for me. If you require further information, please let me know. Thanks so much for your asistance. Sorry for the lengthy post.