Thread: Eldora question

Default Eldora question

Going to try and make my 1st trip to Eldora and was wanting some opinions on where to sit to get the best view. Any tips or advise would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphy View Post
    Going to try and make my 1st trip to Eldora and was wanting some opinions on where to sit to get the best view. Any tips or advise would be great.
    I've sat just about everywhere at eldora and there really isn't a bad seat in the place. Turn 4 is my favorite but I think that's probably what most people will say so it won't be easy finding seats. You really can't go wrong at eldora IMO but good luck.

Yep, anywhere. I've sat in every corner, front stretch, and infield areas. Thurs/Fri no point in reserved seats, plus you want to see qualifying from the pits IMHO, at least for some of it.

Saturday we sit in Turn 1/2 SG section, that's been home for several years and will continue to be.

all seats are good, just sit as high up as possible.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

You can have that under the roof seating. Man they are packed in there like cord wood. The best are the lawn chair seat areas. We sat in turn 1 last time and it was pretty roomy and easier to get to the beer and food stands.

I won't set under the roof again. First time I went to Eldora we sat under the roof just off of turn 4. To say it was crowded is a understatement. Won't do that again.

A lady sitting in the row right behind us got pegged right between the eyes with a rock about half way through the feature. Chick was bleeding like a stuck pig. Never saw anyone take a flyer like that.

watched from pits,1 & 2 3 & 4 to me it`s just a opinion but turn 1 and somewhere close to turn 4 as high as u can get is as about as good as you can get. i have sat under roof a few times and location is everything under the roof.

All the way up in Turn 3 gives you the view to see the "most" race track. Sitting in 4 doesn't put you up high enough, although its an awesome experience. Sitting in 1 and 2 leaves several blindspots in 1 and 2 with the banking and angle. Front stretch is just not high enough and too crowded. Anywhere in 3-4 area is pretty cool, but if you want to see the "most' track, go up in turn 3 man.

I have 4 top row lawn chair tickets in turn three for sale for the Dream. PM me if you are interested.
    Bo

--------------------------
    It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not...

I feel I have some of the best seats in the house, but I do not want to say where I sit. Been in the same seats since 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by ride height View Post
    You can have that under the roof seating. Man they are packed in there like cord wood. The best are the lawn chair seat areas. We sat in turn 1 last time and it was pretty roomy and easier to get to the beer and food stands.
    Yes it is tight in the grandstands but at least you can see the whole track, the problem with the lawn chair seats is the cars disappear in turn one and you don't see them again until they exit turn two. IMO just find a seat as high as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Yes it is tight in the grandstands but at least you can see the whole track, the problem with the lawn chair seats is the cars disappear in turn one and you don't see them again until they exit turn two. IMO just find a seat as high as possible.
    Grandstands is only place I'll sit. But an aisle seat is also all we get. Neither of us is heavy, but if someone is, and you're in the middle, you're screwed.

Had section H, row 13, 15-16.

Now I'm section E, row 14, 1-2 I think or 15-16.

Il tell you the best seat for warm ups is in the infield your so close it's awesome I sat in turn one and two for world 100 good seats but can see anywhere at the track

Quote Originally Posted by raburke23 View Post
    All the way up in Turn 3 gives you the view to see the "most" race track. Sitting in 4 doesn't put you up high enough, although its an awesome experience. Sitting in 1 and 2 leaves several blindspots in 1 and 2 with the banking and angle. Front stretch is just not high enough and too crowded. Anywhere in 3-4 area is pretty cool, but if you want to see the "most' track, go up in turn 3 man.
    Good writeup on 3, because you're definitely right, it has the highest stands and best overall view of everything. But dang you get filthy up there.

I remember when they were running the Prelube, we got grandstand seats, it was like 110 that week and we were squeezed in there like Sardines, was AWFUL. The huge fans they run up top move some air, but no way I would sit there again.