Default Right front shock question

I have a modified chassis I got as a bare frame. I noticed the right front was designed to run a 9" stroke shock. Is this something common to help prevent the shock from bottoming out? Or is it totally unheard of?
    Been here since 1999.

Not uncommon, seen another driver convert his chassis to run 9" shocks on all 4 corners. Not quite sure on the reasoning behind it, probably a couple different opinions on this subject.

More weight to carry. Only use 4-5inches of travel on rf. Leave the 9inches alone.

You run 9inch stroke on rear and some people run a 7" on LF with a 2" Extension so it gives you more droop. a 9" would do the same thing there. So maybe they just used one on the RF relocate the mount so they could just use all the same shocks.

I have seen a couple mods run this. They had a very tall bumpstop pack. If you and your shock guy were willing to test some, you might could find some benefit. If not, then just do what 7up said and run a 7" with an extension.

my cars run 9 inch on all 4 . the 9 inch helps to clear the spring better on the rf . Lf helps from picking tire off track .

Quote Originally Posted by hammond motorsports View Post
    my cars run 9 inch on all 4 . the 9 inch helps to clear the spring better on the rf . Lf helps from picking tire off track .
    HM, if I might ask, is your framerail higher or just the shock mount? Thanks in advance.

yes my front horns are about 1 inch higher then radiator