Default Jeep Van Wormer Decides to Tackle Tri-City Motor Speedway Tonight!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

April 24, 2015

Jeep Van Wormer Decides to Tackle Tri-City Motor Speedway Tonight!

(PINCONNING, MICHIGAN) The Iron Motorsports team and driver Jeep Van Wormer invaded the famed Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio on Saturday evening, April 18. The American Late Model Series (ALMS) sanctioned a $5,000 to win program at the "Big E," which kicked off the 62nd season at the 1/2-mile, high-banked facility. Jeep knocked down the second fastest lap overall during the qualifying session and later scored the win in his heat race after starting from the fourth position.

After rolling off from the pole in the 25-lap sprint, Jeep fought a tight racecar throughout the distance and eventually landed in the sixth finishing spot. The Pinconning, Michigan ace trailed only winner Rusty Schlenk, Devin Gilpin, Scott James, Matt Westfall, and Brian Ruhlman at the checkers. Complete results from Eldora Speedway can be accessed online at www.eldoraspeedway.com.

The #55 team has been intently watching the weather forecast all week long and has recently decided to add a weekly Late Model show at Tri-City Motor Speedway in Auburn, Michigan to their schedule for tonight, April 24. The season opener at Tri-City boasts a $1,055 top prize later tonight. For additional information on the racetrack, point your web browser to www.tricityracetrack.com.

The Iron Motorsports team thanks the following sponsors for their continued and unwavering support: Bayline Fire Protection, Knochel Oil Company, Services on Site, Van Wormer Management, Rocket Chassis, Jay D1ckens Racing Engines, ACPT, Allstar Performance, Bell Racing, Beyea Headers, Brinn, Inc., BSB Manufacturing, Bulldog Rear Ends, Delph Communications, Dyer’s Top Rods, Eibach Springs, Exide Technologies, Fine Line Window Tinting, Goodridge Hose & Fittings, Hoosier Racing Tire, Howe Racing Enterprises, Integra Race Shocks, J.C. Dubil, Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil, Joe's Racing Products, K-B Carburetors, Keyser’s Port City Racing, KRC Power Steering, Lane Automotive, Oakley, Outerwears, Peterson Fluid Systems, R2C Performance, Ringers Gloves, Scott Performance Wire, Sweet Mfg., VP Racing Fuels, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Weld Wheels, Wilwood Engineering, and Wrisco Industries.

To learn more about the Iron Motorsports team, log onto their home on the web located at www.JeepVanWormer.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
    www.delphcommunications.com

Heard he forgot to go to the scales after the race.

Rephrase - "He didn't go to the scales after the race." I would bet he wasn't light for a local show.

Jeep didn't win Eldora. I don't even remember him even leading a lap. Rusty Schlenk led the last 13 laps. Steve Casebolt was DQ'd for being 5 lbs light but I don't think Jeep was DQ'd.
    Last edited by ThebigE; 04-29-2015 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    Jeep didn't win Eldora. I don't even remember him even leading a lap. Rusty Schlenk led the last 13 laps. Steve Casebolt was DQ'd for being 5 lbs light but I don't think Jeep was DQ'd.
    This thread relates to the press release i.e., Jeep racing at Tri-City. He won the race but was dq'd for not going to the scales.