Default Composite Leaf Springs

Does Composite springs need to be on sliders to get ride hgt. right with stock frame rails.

The ones I tried had less arch.Car set lower and ride heights were off.If using sliders you would have to space them down quite abit.I think the composites could work but they are not a bolt on and go, like just changing a leaf spring.

Quote Originally Posted by save the racers View Post
    the ones i tried had less arch.car set lower and ride heights were off.if using sliders you would have to space them down quite abit.i think the composites could work but they are not a bolt on and go, like just changing a leaf spring.
    how did you get ride heights right

Move the spring down on the shackles but never did get it right.The locator pin in the middle of the spring was some composite stuff.First time we got hit on the wheel it sheared and destroyed both springs.

Quote Originally Posted by save the racers View Post
    Move the spring down on the shackles but never did get it right.The locator pin in the middle of the spring was some composite stuff.First time we got hit on the wheel it sheared and destroyed both springs.
    Normal result with composites. Fragile.
    Gator Engineering

dale_matney Guest

I always knock the pin off and drill a hole all the way through and put a boo on it. Works good for me. If u still have them springs i will take them off your hands.

dale_matney Guest

Bolt in it.

Dale Matney is correct. You have to drill out the original pin and use a steel bolt. Hypercoil actually sells the bolt now. Composite leafs also need wrapped with tape. I use gorilla duct tape. They also need a panhard bar to control side movement to work effectively. I have four composite leafs that I had for my b mod years ago. They have tremendous side bite for a leaf and work well once you learn how to use them. Lowering block spacers and shackle heights are all ways to get them correct.