Thread: vcs?

Default vcs?

Did they get the show in finally friday night? I left at 9 still no heats ran at that time, i couldnt take it anymore as i noticed others left too.

Why were they so slow getting started? I wasn't there and can't find results anywhere. VCS is one of my favorite tracks so always curious to see how they're doing.

unorganized is the only thing i can say, stands were slim and i havent heard any advertising. i hope they get it together

I know the website doesn't look good. Heard it's the same people that ran charleston into the ground a few years ago. I don't know the validity of that but sounds about right. Guy I know that races Factory stock said they weren't home until 2:30 in the morning. Makes for a long night.

They got the show in. Good field of mods and pure stocks. Street stocks and hornets were a little light. They claimed opening night issues for the late start. And some of the track help said the previous promoter sabatoged some things that caused delays. And as far as advertising we listen to K-Rock at work, and the ad for the race was on what seemed like every 15 minutes the week leading up to opening night.

Anyone have their schedule?

APRIL 10TH. AND 11TH.- TEST AND TUNE- 12:00- 5:00 , WE WILL BE DRAWING FOR ONE FREE PIT PASS IN EVERY CLASS , GOOD FOR OPENING NIGHT ONLY.APRIL 24TH. OPENING NIGHT FACTORY STOCK SPECIAL 600.00 TO WIN , 75.00 TO START , FULL SHOWMAY 1ST. FULL SHOWMAY 8TH. FULL SHOWMAY 15TH No racingMAY 22ND. FULL SHOWMAY 29TH. George Anderson Memorial Race STREET STOCK SPECIAL, 1000.00 TO WIN , 100.00 TO START, FULL SHOWJUNE 5TH. FULL SHOWJUNE 12TH. HORNET SPECIAL , 500.00 TO WIN , 50 TO START , FULL SHOWJUNE 19TH. FULL SHOWJUNE 25TH. FAIR WEEK , VINTAGE CARS AND FULL SHOW.JULY 3RD. TO BE ANNOUNCED LATERJULY 7TH. SUMMER NATIONALS ! LATE MODELS , MODIFIEDS , STREET STOCK , AND FACTORY STOCKJULY 10TH. TO BE ANNOUNCED LATERJULY 17TH. FULL SHOWJULY 24TH FULL SHOWJULY 31ST. FULL SHOWAUG.7TH. FULL SHOWAUG. 14TH. FULL SHOWAUG. 21ST. FULL SHOWAUG.28TH. TOPLESS MODIFIED RACE 1500.00 TO WIN , 150.00 TO START , 40 LAP FEATURE , FULL SHOWSEPT. 4TH. FULL SHOWSEPT. 11TH. NO RACE BECAUSE OF SCHEDULE CONFLICTSEPT.18TH. FULL SHOW.SEPT. 25TH. FULL SHOWOCT. 2ND. FULL SHOWOCT. 9TH.FULL SHOW, LAST RACE OF THE SEASON, MECHANICS RACE AND POWDER PUFF.

well i tried copying and pasting it and it looks like crap lol. vermilioncountyspeedway.netstill looking for full results on there and can't find them anywhere. Really hope they get everything figured out by the Summernationals event up there.

Thanks for the info. Just haven't seen much after they announced it would reopen. Will definitely be making a few trips there this year.

I'm going to go for Summer Nationals just because its always such a good race, except babb almost lapping the field. Just hope they get the organization going better by then.