Thread: panhart bar

Smile panhart bar

Just what effect does raising or lowering the panhart bar have on entry and exit?Our panhart bar has to be connected to the frame on the right, be behind the rear end and cannot be over 28" center to center. We run a 3 link with a 9" floater rear end. Also our trailing arms are adjustable but cannot be over 2" above the stock mounting on the frame. We are at the max there but lowered the rear end mounts to around 7" below the rear end housing. The panhart bar is mounted on the rear end level with the rear end. The rear end mounting is not adjustable but the frame mount is. Our bar is 32" long, would it help if it was shorter, also to shorten it, would it be better the move the rear end mount or the frame mount?Thanks for any and all help.

You say the panhard bar cant be more then 28" center to center, then you say yours is 32" ? also your frame mounts for the LCA's up two inches, and your rear end mounts seven inches below the housing seems like an awful lot up up hill, but to answer your question on moving the panhard mount up or down on the chassis side mount it typically affects the whole turn not just exit or entrance, and down on the mount will tighten the car and up will loosen the car

The panhart bar cannot be less than 28" is what I meant to write. Working on RR right now, the LF tire keeps coming way up in the air under acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by floppyfoot View Post
    Just what effect does raising or lowering the panhart bar have on entry and exit?Our panhart bar has to be connected to the frame on the right, be behind the rear end and cannot be over 28" center to center. We run a 3 link with a 9" floater rear end. Also our trailing arms are adjustable but cannot be over 2" above the stock mounting on the frame. We are at the max there but lowered the rear end mounts to around 7" below the rear end housing. The panhart bar is mounted on the rear end level with the rear end. The rear end mounting is not adjustable but the frame mount is. Our bar is 32" long, would it help if it was shorter, also to shorten it, would it be better the move the rear end mount or the frame mount?Thanks for any and all help.
    Panhard mount is mounted on the passenger side of the chassis???? Do you mean the driver side?. Is this a dirt car?
    Gator Engineering

I know these cars . Yes its mounted on the passenger side of frame , by rule , yes its a dirt car . Metric monte , with converted rear suspension to limited adjustment 3 link . Min. length on panhard is 28 . I help these guys , but have no experience with this panhard configuration.

I think you would throw out all the standard j bar adjustments.I have ran that style of panhard bar.Make sure the mounts and frame are very well brace.I put one on a modified and it bent the tail.Running the r/s a couple inches higher than the left will change the location of the rear end after the car rolls could give more forward bite.Raising it straight up will free the car up , straight down tighten it.

May consider mounting the panhard bar on the right side frame rail, but below the center line of the axle. This was discussed in the Larry Shaw Class. Issues with ground clearance and mounting support.
    Gator Engineering

The bar is mounted to the right side frame rail and is below the rear end housing. It is almost as low as the bottom of the shock. The car was rolling way to far over on the RR and the shock was bottoming out. The shock has about 7" of travel, it is a 9" travel shock. Changed to a 25# stiffer spring and now it does not bottom out but we are still pulling the LF tire way up in the air under throttle, sometimes as much as a foot high. It does upset the car but it is fast. Of 4 races this year, he has 2 wins and 2 2nd place finishes. The car is now almost level from side to side and I need it higher on the left side. The RR spring jack is backed off all the way.