Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bmod setup help

Default Bmod setup help

Guys I need some help after being out of racing for 18 years im starting over in a bmod. have only ran 3 times so far. first night car pushed bad entering which made me loose off. made some changes and cars was a little better. 3rd night made a lot of changes and car was super loose. but scales say its closer to what it should be. DW8, solid pull bar 16" rear springs, lr in frt, rr behind, both rear bars are at 16", lr bar 3hole up, rr bottom or level. here are weights. 1st night springs lf 625 rf 525 lr 200 rr 150 weights lf 443 rf 585 lr 700 rr 510 left side 51.2% rear 54% cross 57% total 2237 2nd race changed rr spring to 175,added 25 lbs to front left frame rail lf 524 rf 531 lr 647 rr 566 rear 53% cross 51.9% 3rd race same springs added 60pounds to rear over axle lf 531 rf 497 lr 699 rr 639 rear 56.6% cross 50.5 ideas? one more thing. first two race ran 1" front stagger and 2" rear. 3rd race only 1" rear.

How was the entry on the 3 rd nite? Any static rear steer?
    Gator Engineering

No rear steer and it just didn't feel like it had any rear bite. I had read somewhere that dw8's liked a lot of lr bite. I might add more back.Also have 3 off wheels all around

This might be a crazy question but why does everyone run stiffer lf springs now when it used to be stiffer rf springs? And could wheel offsets help?

Trying to get car to lean right in corner, helps side bite and also helps LR get on the bars to plant it harder. I was in same boat as you. 15 yrs away and straight to Bmod. Lot of things are different now. Give us some info on how the car was the 3rd night. Like entry, on or of gas. Mid, rolling into throttle or stabbing it. Off, etc

Car seemed free in but way loose as soon as I got back on gas. Coming off corner was terrible loose, had to baby the gas to get it to straighten out.

I was told that the dw8 liked a lot of lr bite so I might add some back in or change back to a 150 RR spring

shocks are key on a b-mod, what type are you running? and whats the angle of your left trailing arm? also is the rear end in square?

Custom shocks from afco for my car. Rear end is square. Not sure on left bar angle. Right side is mostly flat. But I haven't messed with bars and its gone from tight to loose.

Found out I have 1/2 of lr lead?

Are the springs on top the housing?

Also up your rear percent around 58% for an open motor 56% for crate will help drive off get more bar angle in the lr will tighten exit rr should be atlest 5° and trail the rr 1/4 to 3/8" and start with around 100lbs lr bite. Springs should be lf 500-550 rf 550-600. The rears will depend on where they are mounted. Left side 51.5-52 if your a heavier guy but if your lighter I wouldn't get over 53 left and keep cross below 50. Shocks will be a big deal too. What shocks do you have now?
    Last edited by Duckhnter83; 05-03-2015 at 11:25 PM.

would 11 degrees be to steep for the rr.jet recomends 18 lr and 11 rr.my car is a frankenstien monster the right is 16 inches long and the left is 18, I'm going to try running the front springs at 700 no split any ideas how this will work for me? 55 rear 51 cross 54 left with driver.I haven't any experiance with 3 links.3/8 dirt semi banked

Quote Originally Posted by dirtracer07x View Post
    Found out I have 1/2 of lr lead?
    Are you measuring at the wheels or on the axles dropping a plumb bob down off the over slung? If its at the over slung that is a a lot. Even if you are measuring at the wheel try cutting it down to 1/4in. If you have the means I would put the RR spring on top, Everything seems so bound up when you get the springs on opposite sides. What tire are you on?

I'm on the at kk704 tires. As far as lr lead I measured it at ride height. Did find out my front caster on right side is way off. Only like 2 deg. Was told to run 4 1/2. And that the caster split will add lr bite coming off. Going to also move RR bar up 1 hole. Will see what all this does.

Car was better with changes but still tight on entry. Also can somebody explain the panhard bar to me? Right now I am level with pinion and 8in up on frame.

Typically speaking, dropping bar on pinion side or raising on frame side tightens entry to the center. Doing the opposite will loosen entry to center. Measure your split from ground to center of bolt on both ends and see what your split is between the two. Anywhere between 4-6 inches is pretty standard. I kinda think you have too much split for your car. JMO

Well I redid the RR bracket and go 18° of bar angle and the car is finally good on the gas. Little loose getting in Noe but boy does it turn good lol

Sorry lr bracket. Car is free now and great mid to exit but loose in

Lighter RF spring will take some of the wedge off the LR when entering corner off the gas and should tighten entry. Saw a guy doing this Friday. Came into corner sliding all the way up the track then when/ if it caught he could get on the gas but he lost a lot of ground doing that