Thread: Scaling help

Default Scaling help

Hello, I'm new to this so bare with me. Iv'e been doing a lot of reading on here but there are so many different suggestions I'm not sure which direction to go. I recently bought a used metric street stock, my first time going racing. The car ran good with the previous owner and he said it is the same setup in it that he used but i'm not to sure about that. The car has all stock suspension on emod tires. It has 1200rf, 1000lf, 150rr, 200lr, no jack bolts aloud. My scaling numbers are 814rf, 859lf, 674rr, 795lr, cross 51.2, left 52.6, rear 46.8, total 3140, 150# of lead on lr. Are my numbers close or do i have work to do? The track is a rough 3/8 semi banked tight turns. Any help to point me in the right direction would be really appreciated.

What class, and what is the estimated horsepower

Its a pure stock class with around 400hp

I would say you need quite a bit more rear weight, I have seen and heard of metric cars good at 50-51%, most cars out here run 52-55%, have you tested the car yet?

No i haven't tested it yet. I have the suspension apart right now putting all new bushings, ball joints and shocks on it. I thought while i had it apart that it might be a good time to re spring it but i'm not sure what direction to go. Thanks RTK

if it ran good with past owner why change it before you try it

The spring rates are at a good starting point.

I would try to get rear % to at least 50.5-51% If you can accomplish that, I would increase both rear springs 50lbs each.

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm gonna give it a try next Friday night, ill report back and let you know how it handles.