Thread: Justin Kay?

Default Justin Kay?

I always see this guy winning races in the Mid West in the IMCA Late Models. He is almost as hot as Weaver in his region, except he has been running this way for years now. Does he stack up against the rest of the SLM guys or does success in the IMCA LM not transfer over to the rest of Late Model racing?

I would really like to see how he does in a SLM against some of the best in the Lucas, MLRA or MARS series.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I had heard his plans are to not run weekly and not chase the national championship again, but run some more open shows. I know he had a win out in Arizona a couple years ago and placed well against those big guys. I personally would like to see him get out and race some open stuff.

He was at East Moline last night (3May), they came over the PA system and said that his wife had a baby a couple of days ago. I would think that that would but the breaks on traveling/racing for a few months/years. By the way he finished in 2nd.

The Deery bros. series isn't exactly a piece of cake. There are some good competition there. Ray Guss, Brian Harris, Matt Ryan, Dirks, Jeff Aikey and Gary Webb, and others, but it's not so simple to just put in a open motor and become a world beater. These guys can run 4 times a week and not travel too far. Not the big bucks but your odds of surviving to race next week are better. Some of those guys do race SLM when they come close. Seems to me Brian Harris put it on the Lucas Oil boys at Davenport a couple years ago. Some of these guys where around when Birky was learning the ropes. Same area. At least 2 of them was racing with Billy Moyer when he came up in the same area. It costs to go out on the road.

I remember seein him race a few corn belt races and he did ok