Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Devin Gilpin

Quote Originally Posted by cratedaddyD21 View Post
    Gilpin is talented, but, he will have to beat Jeremy Hines on a regular basis, as he is the local hot shoe in the area. I understand at this time Hines is really down on HP and is soon to have his motor back......so I for one look for some much better racing here locally as Hines gets his motor back, Stapleton continues to impress and Gilpin keeps on learning the late model ropes.....
    like i said he hasnt beat anyone yet. hines is probably the best he has beat so far but he is another driver who hasnt beat anyone since he got hot the past few years. the local talent in the brownstown area is really down in my opinion

Gilpin finished 4th or 5th in Late Model at florence last week . Looked good but didnt have anything for the front 2 cars of James or Rice . Likewise in the mods he ran second to Green but really didnt have anything for the him either . Once green cleared traffic he ran gilpin down, passed him, then ran off and left him . Gilpin has talent and looks good but as in all things time will tell . I hope he continues to race lates and mods .

Who has he actually beat? Modified included, sure he dominates at home town tracks but I've never seen him go to a big show and steal it away or travel out of his area and steal the show

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    Who has he actually beat? Modified included, sure he dominates at home town tracks but I've never seen him go to a big show and steal it away or travel out of his area and steal the show
    I wouldnt call Moler or Florence hometown tracks seeing theyre a few hours from his hometown. Seen him outrun Matt Hamilton and Joey Kramer at both tracks. Both of those guys are fast anywhere they go.

I'm glad to see the LITES are still on here. I'm not saying he's the greatest ever. Just simply saying he's no push over.

I guess going to Eldora the 2nd night out in the car and out running Jeep, Miller, Casebolt, James and other scrubs just not good enough for you guys. Hell we are tickled to death no more time then his been in the car to do what his done already. A 1st at Brownstown a 2nd at Eldora another 1st at Brownstown. Leading friday night at Moler and breaks a driveshaft then goes to Florence runs 3rd. I guess only time will tell if he will be successful in the late model but I wouldn't bet against it. And for you guys saying he hasn't out ran anyone in Illinois or Missouri ask your driver that you think he hasn't out ran and get back to me. Yes he has struggle sometimes in Illinois but that's like a lot of them coming around here and struggling. My 2 cents is you're not gonna win them all but we are not gonna give up on trying to win the next race.
    Last edited by Half mile; 05-12-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Lol at you haters. The guy has what? 5 starts in this car? 2 wins, breaks while leading another, leads laps at Eldora, top 5 at Florence and people are doubting if he has talent? Hahaha! Listen, it's not easy at all to step into the DLM world and run up front. It's almost impossible to do it immediately, even if it is at "local" shows. Is he going to compete for the win at crown jewel races? Probably not, but he's also not with that caliber of a team, although they do have good equipment, and he doesn't have the seat time in a LM yet. There are plenty of drivers that have raced LM's for years that would love to be running like he has been the last few weeks. He's a good guy, he's got raw talent, why not just sit back and enjoy watching him develop his skills in a super? Id say it's gonna be fun to watch!

Call it what you want I call it facts. Theres a reason he drives 2 hours that way to race.

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    wehen he come to Il every body beats him even guys you bever heard of
    Uhh what? English please.

You guys want facts I guess it looks like. He's a multi time ump champ. If you think he comes to Kentucky and Ohio and beats easy competition....you're wrong. I watched him run 4th to the Dillon boys and Hoffman at volusia....i guess those guys arent fast since they arent from the midwest. I don't know anything about the guys in the Illinois or Missouri area. I also never knew you had to run there to be considered fast either. I'm not really a fan, but the guy is good.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 05-13-2015 at 01:47 AM.

Nobodies saying he dont have talent just too early to wonder if he is the next big thing as the op said

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post

You guys want facts I guess it looks like. He's a multi time ump champ. If you think he comes to Kentucky and Ohio and beats easy competition....you're wrong. I watched him run 4th to the Dillon boys and Hoffman at volusia....i guess those guys arent fast since they arent from the midwest. I don't know anything about the guys in the Illinois or Missouri area. I also never knew you had to run there to be considered fast either. I'm not really a fan, but the guy is good.
    We're just saying there's a reason he runs over there and not over here. Yes, he won a UMP championship out of it, if he runs weekly in IL that doesn't happen.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    We're just saying there's a reason he runs over there and not over here. Yes, he won a UMP championship out of it, if he runs weekly in IL that doesn't happen.

He wouldnt have won a UMP championship period had he of came away from brownstown and raced with the true UMP boyz!! But no he stayed at brownstown and ky where the car counts protected him and his ump points!! Also the promoter at brownstown protected him as well just sayin..... If my memory serves me correctly there was a bounty put out on Devin a few yrs ago and a guy beat him and they claimed that Devin Broke just so they wouldnt have to pay the bounty to the guy at Brownstown....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post

Im not saying that the guy isnt good either Zyoung but i am saying that he wouldnt of been a multi time ump champ if he had of went out and raced more ump tracks than what he did!! He stayed close to home though because he knew when he couldnt handle the likes of Harrison,Leka and all of the ump elite...

I'm not saying for sure he might be the next big driver, I'm asking will he be. I'm looking for everyone's opinion.

In my opinion he is a very high caliber driver and if he sticks to the Late Models he will be one of the contenders in the area. If he gets the right equipment I could see him running up front in crown jewel events just like Pierce, Sheppard, Shirley and others. He isn't there yet but he is certainly capable of getting there.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Yeah the guy just stays around Indiana and races. Won is 6 different states at 16 different tracks. He don't have nothing to prove in the mod. His out ran all the people you guys are talking about and has been out ran by them too. You don't become a 3 time national champion staying in your backyard and not out running some good competition. Only time will tell in the LM but as right now what he has done so far isn't bad at all for just 5 races.
    Last edited by Half mile; 05-13-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    can't beat the Il boys or Missouri guys
    Only LITE INN would make a statement like that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    He wouldnt have won a UMP championship period had he of came away from brownstown and raced with the true UMP boyz!! But no he stayed at brownstown and ky where the car counts protected him and his ump points!! Also the promoter at brownstown protected him as well just sayin..... If my memory serves me correctly there was a bounty put out on Devin a few yrs ago and a guy beat him and they claimed that Devin Broke just so they wouldnt have to pay the bounty to the guy at Brownstown....
    After being passed he broke. HMMMMMM?????

He didn't get passed till about a quarter way up the front stretch and he broke coming off turn 4. That was obvious for anyone that was there to see. HMMMMMM?

Quote Originally Posted by Half mile View Post
    He didn't get passed till about a quarter way up the front stretch and he broke coming off turn 4. That was obvious for anyone that was there to see. HMMMMMM?
    Yep I WAS there to see the drive off and park!!! What broke? The lead?
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 05-13-2015 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Half mile View Post

Ryan Thomas didn't break that night though did he? Nope he didn't..... He flat out beat Devin is what he done and when Devin couldn't catch him he pulled his famous I broke be lime he always does!! There's no doubt that the boy can drive a race car but when stuff doesn't go his way he either throws a fit or all of a sudden he breaks.... Sad but true...