Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Devin Gilpin

Default Devin Gilpin

Another Late Model win for Gilpin, is he the next big regional guy along side Bobby Pierce, Feger, Babb, Shirley the others over there in UMP country? His success in the Modifieds certainly seems to be transferring over almost immediately.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

No, not yet anyway.

In order to be a big regional guy, he must win against others that are considered to be the same. As far as I know that hasn't happened yet.

I agree with that, but with his history its hard not think that he will be there very soon. Its great to see someone come from Modifieds into the Late Models with such immediate success. That just shows how great the competition in the Modifieds is, especially in UMP country.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Another Late Model win for Gilpin, is he the next big regional guy along side Bobby Pierce, Feger, Babb, Shirley the others over there in UMP country? His success in the Modifieds certainly seems to be transferring over almost immediately.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    His first forray into lates was underwhelming. But he looks good now. I used to think that he just had a better car with the mod. But it is clear that he is pretty talented behind the wheel. To make a big splash, he will have to be with the right team. The guy is for real though.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

He's certainly a pick to win anytime he shows up in the mod. I didn't see what happened in the Late on Friday at Moler but he was out of the race when I walked up to watch the feature. I think with time he'll be hard to beat in the late model as well.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

There is always room for one more good regional LM driver. The American dream, is still alive.

I hope he runs the hell tour. If he does, he will improve tremendously by the time it's over. Laps, laps, and more laps.
    8/13/16

he's won a couple local shows, not really beat anyone yet. did run good at eldora though. time will tell

He's for sure got the talent to compete. Seat time is all he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    His first forray into lates was underwhelming. But he looks good now. I used to think that he just had a better car with the mod. But it is clear that he is pretty talented behind the wheel. To make a big splash, he will have to be with the right team. The guy is for real though.
    I used to think the same thing with the mod, I heard the car he had is the same he's had for for a few years, so I asked him in Florida, he replied with a "yeah buddy it is, it's 4 years old."

I think he'll do well, as long as Beeman stays behind him.

Wonder if he will show up at the DREAM or the WORLD 100 at Eldora this year.....
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

https://www.facebook.com/inthefastla...19650678174513 highlights of the feature at Brownstown

Mean while simpleton struggles in his 8th year (?) in a late model ! It's got to be the chassis right ?

http://inthefastlaneproductions.com/...model-feature/ scroll down on page to watch all the features from Brownstown
    Last edited by Half mile; 05-05-2015 at 12:47 PM.

Gilpin is talented, but, he will have to beat Jeremy Hines on a regular basis, as he is the local hot shoe in the area. I understand at this time Hines is really down on HP and is soon to have his motor back......so I for one look for some much better racing here locally as Hines gets his motor back, Stapleton continues to impress and Gilpin keeps on learning the late model ropes.....

You don't need or use a ton of horsepower when the track is black and slick.

Are the Crate cars running with the supers at Brownstown? Looking at past results it looks like a create car finished 5th the last night they ran.

Yes there were several there that night. I believe the car that finished fifth was a crate car.

The track was not black and slick the night Gilpin won. Price has changed things at Brownstown....most nights it hammer down.....