Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Devin Gilpin

My mess understanding thoght we was talking about him breaking in the LM Friday night at Moler.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Half mile View Post
    My mess understanding thoght we was talking about him breaking in the LM Friday night at Moler.

Nope I was talking about the night that Ryan Thomas in the T9 beat him at brownstown for the bounty and y'all hosed him by saying Devin broke!! And you yourself know that the kid was well protected by the promoter at brownstown as well...
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

I wasn't there that night but heard all the crying about it. My thought is if the promoter protects him why didn't he give Devin a little extra each night that he won without getting beat. Why should someone that finally beat him get paid 1500 or whatever it is and Devin gets paid 600 for winning? Just my thought.

I wasn't there that night but heard all the crying about it. My thought is if the promoter protects him why didn't he give Devin a little extra each night that he won without getting beat. Why should someone that finally beat him get paid 1500 or whatever it is and Devin gets paid 600 for winning? Just my thought.

My thoughts are that if he is that good that when the bounty was put out on him he should of been a man about it and took the fact that he just plain got outrun by a shining diamond!! But no he took the cowards way out and pulled off claiming to have broke when in fact he didn't break at all.... True story!!!

He very well may become pretty good in the latemodel who knows... But I just hope he doesn't pull the same crap in the latemodel that he did in the modified....

Sorry about that misunderstanding. I failed to mention which race it was. But many fans who saw the race I meant at Brownstown were not happy and as fans I have talked to about the bounty deal feel there was deal cut to not see the bounty was ever met.

the kid can drive,,,,nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by pickersparadise View Post
    the kid can drive,,,,nuff said

Never once have I ever said he couldn't drive! Yes the kid can drive thats a proven fact.... My only problem is that he ducks when the going gets tough!!!!! When he knows he is beat he pulls off the track and throws a fit... A kid with his talent should be able to withstand getting beat or flat out getting smoked every now and again but no this kid can't handle it without throwing a Devin fit!! Just ask around some of the other drivers from brownstown.......

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Never once have I ever said he couldn't drive! Yes the kid can drive thats a proven fact.... My only problem is that he ducks when the going gets tough!!!!! When he knows he is beat he pulls off the track and throws a fit... A kid with his talent should be able to withstand getting beat or flat out getting smoked every now and again but no this kid can't handle it without throwing a Devin fit!! Just ask around some of the other drivers from brownstown.......
    You obviously have no clue. i used to have a shop about 10 min. from Dasco. I've known Devin since he was a kid, and I've watched him race since he jumped in a mini stock at thunder valley. I believe I can speak from first hand experience. He does not duck when things get tough. Does he get upset? Well yeah, everyone who has ever raced gets ticked off sometimes. It's not a "Devin fit" like you evidently like to call it. If he knows he is flat out beat will he pull off? Maybe, but it's not so he can throw a fit. It's probably because they have work to do before they go to the next race, and there's no sense in putting unnecessary laps on his equipment. Those unnecessary laps add up quickly when you race that many nights a year! Not sure if you realize, but they aren't exactly a high budget operation. They have good stuff, but they are also good about taking care of what they have. Isn't the car he's been running like 4years old? Devin is a good guy, maybe you should stop by at the track sometime and talk to him so you can form a real opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcollins82 View Post
    Devin is a good guy, maybe you should stop by at the track sometime and talk to him so you can form a real opinion.
    And while your at it, check out his girlfriend. Easy on the eyes
    8/13/16

Now Nasty! You know when somebody says "nuff said" the argument and discussion is settled, won, and over with!!!
    lololol

You obviously have no clue. i used to have a shop about 10 min. from Dasco. I've known Devin since he was a kid, and I've watched him race since he jumped in a mini stock at thunder valley. I believe I can speak from first hand experience. He does not duck when things get tough. Does he get upset? Well yeah, everyone who has ever raced gets ticked off sometimes. It's not a "Devin fit" like you evidently like to call it. If he knows he is flat out beat will he pull off? Maybe, but it's not so he can throw a fit. It's probably because they have work to do before they go to the next race, and there's no sense in putting unnecessary laps on his equipment. Those unnecessary laps add up quickly when you race that many nights a year! Not sure if you realize, but they aren't exactly a high budget operation. They have good stuff, but they are also good about taking care of what they have. Isn't the car he's been running like 4years old? Devin is a good guy, maybe you should stop by at the track sometime and talk to him so you can form a real opinion.
    And so good that even a bounty can never be claimed too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Now Nasty! You know when somebody says "nuff said" the argument and discussion is settled, won, and over with!!!
    lololol

lol no doubt clayton at least thats what they say anyway lol

Smile

And you obviously have blinders on as well bcollins because he ducked a bounty that was placed on him at brownstown the night that Ryan Thomas flat out beat him and he knew he couldnt outrun Ryan so he pulled off and claimed that he BROKE!!! And you have obviously not witnessed him throw one of his temper tantrums when something doesnt go his way and fly thru the pits like a mad man...... So what that you had a shop down the road from Dasco do you want a cookie? or does that make you special to some knowledge that makes everyone else blind to Devins wild side? i think not!! He may be a good guy for all that matters but he is also a hothead when stuff doesnt go his way and he then drives over his head!!

I for one know the car is new....the younger Fleetwood kids are racing his last two seasons race cars..the 11J and the 11L. Kid dasco has the best equipment money can buy...he drives it well, no doubt about it.....lets not pass any judgment on the new venture into the late model world....again, the best of equipment....but its a long year......I wish him the best of luck.

And you obviously have blinders on as well bcollins because he ducked a bounty that was placed on him at brownstown the night that Ryan Thomas flat out beat him and he knew he couldnt outrun Ryan so he pulled off and claimed that he BROKE!!! And you have obviously not witnessed him throw one of his temper tantrums when something doesnt go his way and fly thru the pits like a mad man...... So what that you had a shop down the road from Dasco do you want a cookie? or does that make you special to some knowledge that makes everyone else blind to Devins wild side? i think not!! He may be a good guy for all that matters but he is also a hothead when stuff doesnt go his way and he then drives over his head!!
    No blinders here.. I wasn't there for the bounty deal, so I won't comment on it. I have seen him get pissed off. Just like everyone else I've ever seen at the race track, it's a passionate sport, and our tempers get the best of all of us sometimes. No cookies needed, you asked for locals opinion, I was just explaining how local I was. I don't think that's a hard concept to grasp?

No blinders here.. I wasn't there for the bounty deal, so I won't comment on it. I have seen him get pissed off. Just like everyone else I've ever seen at the race track, it's a passionate sport, and our tempers get the best of all of us sometimes. No cookies needed, you asked for locals opinion, I was just explaining how local I was. I don't think that's a hard concept to grasp?
    The problem is most of the people here on 4m have a hard time grasping "facts", because 90% of what they post is what they read on another post by another board member who has no clue what they are talking about. Devin Gilpin could get on here himself, be truthful about what happened and you would still have idiots debate him.

Its best to take anything you read on 4m with a grain of salt. The place is a shell of what it once was......

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboy View Post
    The problem is most of the people here on 4m have a hard time grasping "facts", because 90% of what they post is what they read on another post by another board member who has no clue what they are talking about. Devin Gilpin could get on here himself, be truthful about what happened and you would still have idiots debate him.

Its best to take anything you read on 4m with a grain of salt. The place is a shell of what it once was......
    And I have to agree with this post right here.

I've seen him beat, and run with, all the people you guys mention. Dude doesn't duck competition. He went to fukin Florida, news flash, it doesn't get any better than that. Eldora whenever he can, which umm, is all the same top competition. DTWC, in a three way battle for the lead. And the UMP championship twice. Wonder if when Owens was winning his UMP championships he was accused of ducking the competition.

The UMP championship and having a family owned team is all about owning a business. You treat it as a business and do the best you can and make the most of your given opportunities. I'm sure if any of you wanna throw him about $100k, he might run where you want him to for a little bit. Guys a wheel man and I wish him the best of luck.
    Last edited by chupp n bloomer fan; 05-16-2015 at 07:27 AM.

Absolutely correct

Smile

The problem is most of the people here on 4m have a hard time grasping "facts", because 90% of what they st is what they read on another post by another board member who has no clue what they are talking about. Devin Gilpin could get on here himself, be truthful about what happened and you would still have idiots debate him.

I don't have a hard time grasping facts as you say what I do have a hard time with Is facts of him getting his azz handed to him when a bounty was placed on him and he ducked because he couldn't beat Ryan Thomas one night and claimed he broke is all.... Ive never once waivered away and said that Devin couldn't flat out wheel a race car now have I? No I haven't! Sure he went to florida as was pointed out..... Sure he has 3 ump national championships as was pointed out..... Would he have those championships if he traveled more and competed against guys tougher than just brownstown ? I doubt it but thats why I have my opinion and you all have yours thats what makes having an opinion a good thing..... My opinions may not always be the most popular but guess what I'm not a teenage kid trying to win a popularity contest here so it means diddly to me....