Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wadegarrett View Post
    lol kidrock dont try to confuse things with facts lol. your post in dead on. Thats what so many dont see its real easy to come on here type a message and say if racers can cut it they can drop down in class or get out. Well apparently in Central IL, thats exactly what they are doing and car counts are down and thus people like myself are suggesting changes like harder tire in an attempt to preserve car counts and the class. The trouble is that the guys that are running at tracks with good car counts are still living in denial. They are playing " I cant see it from my house game " They wont realize there is a problem until the track the go to starts dropping car counts. Then at that point they will most likely drop down to B-Mods and start lobbying to open up the rules to allow more items in the Bmods. Sadly I have seen this pattern over and over. I for one will be mentioning the issues with UMP and the need to move to another sanction with a better tire option every time I go to the track and I encourage others to the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrace09 View Post
    There have been some excellent points made. I can tell you as a racer, a school teacher, a coach, business owner and a fan. The crowds are not there like they used to be. The cars are not there like they used to be. It is a problem that is bigger than can be simply overcome. Society has so many other options for our time, energy, and money that stuff like local racing is paying the cost. I see it in high school sports as well. Kids have so many options that they are limiting themselves or simply not going out for activities. We see it in the work effort of students in the classroom. Businesses see it in employee work ethic as well. Blame it on technology or simply the changing of the times. Something needs to be done creatively to keep people in the sport. I do not envy the position that promoters and track owners are in. They have a business to run and cash flow rules in business. There are also increased pressures from local government agencies and anti-racers to limit or shut down tracks. It also is a tough time for racers. The cost of everything rises yet payouts do not follow in most instances. It forces decisions to be made for themselves and their families. Often times that is to eliminate the hobbies. The lines of communication needs to be open for all entities involved to make this successful and sustainable.
    Quote Originally Posted by modracr41 View Post
    Well put Dirtrace09. I've predicted this for a while. I wouldn't be a bit surprised that in 20-30 years if there isn't ANY dirt racing as we know it. Life is cyclical. Back in the 50's until the early 2000's there were people who either lived during the early days of dirt track racing, or were children of those guys. Now, our children would rather play video games, or some other activity than participate in our type of racing. NASCRAP has a lot of fans, but it has also leveled off due to the commercialization of the sport. Our issue is to try to prolong the inevitable for as long as we can. In doing so, we need to realize what hurts our sport, and what would help prolong it. Expensive high HP engines, baby soft tires that hook up the power, promotors who don't tech anything, and the whole "run what you brung, it makes for better racing" mentality are all things that hurt the sport. I can't understand for the life of me why anyone who does actually spend their hard-earned money to race would protest rules that would make it less expensive. It's like saying, "I like this recliner, but do you have one more expensive? It can look exactly like this one, sit and feel exactly like this one, but must cost more because that means it must be better." It makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by rustymod View Post
    this is true, but it begs response" If all of this is true then its even the more reason to switch rules to a new sanction that cost less with cheaper tires etc to try and attract more racers ???

All excellent post by all of you. Now these are the guys who gets it. The time is this year after the racing season is over to make something happen. Like I said I don't have a horse in the race other then being a fan because We already sold both the SS and the Crate late a couple of years ago so, I don't have a say in it but, others do. Not sure if anything will change but, if don't try it sure as the heck won't.

Well lets get everything Rolling and get the tracks on board

Quote Originally Posted by indyboywilliam View Post
    Well lets get everything Rolling and get the tracks on board
    agreed time to talk to promoters !

UMP has a set of rules but, yet some tracks have decided they are going to have their own rules. UMP should tell that track you can run your own rules but, the drivers in that class will Not be awarded any UMP points. Each track then can go to their drivers and say you guys want to run the rules we have and not get UMP points or do you want to run the UMP rules and get UMP points. This way the drivers can make the decision if UMP points matters to them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    UMP has a set of rules but, yet some tracks have decided they are going to have their own rules. UMP should tell that track you can run your own rules but, the drivers in that class will Not be awarded any UMP points. Each track then can go to their drivers and say you guys want to run the rules we have and not get UMP points or do you want to run the UMP rules and get UMP points. This way the drivers can make the decision if UMP points matters to them or not.
    ump just needs to go away they are the ones helping the mod class to die, so they are not gonna doing anything to help, they are ones hosing up the bmods now

wow looks like imca rules will draw a decent car count Davenport reporting 48 mods so far.

yep UMP IS TERRIBLE ONLY HAD 40 AT TRI CITY AND 35 AT FARMER CITY

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    yep UMP IS TERRIBLE ONLY HAD 40 AT TRI CITY AND 35 AT FARMER CITY
    oh Lite inn , your back for now. you can keep on defending ump but the war is over. Was at Fairbury last week which had a good mod count and most other places rained out. the common theme was that ump sh!t the bed with A40s tire and deal and that they were forced to go around scooping up all the old a40 tires they could get, plus had to run all the a40s tires they already had mounted. ump created that mess by not going with ONE tire like every other sanction. why does ump do this ? Because they want racers to spend more money on tires. lite inn you can keep defending ump but racers know that ump is greedy and not looking out for the racers. ump is only trying make money for hoosier and themselves and meanwhile sitting back watching the class die. Lite inn, if you are a true racefan there is no way you can defend ump unless you are related to Sam or have family working at ump. btw lite inn, the word is out on you and your game is getting old even STL racing has starting banning you as well. looks like it wont be too long before you nowhere left to post your constant defense of ump. lol even the people on STL are laughing at you for all of the new user names you are coming up with lol.
    Last edited by wadegarrett; 05-23-2015 at 08:27 AM.

oh Lite inn , your back for now. you can keep on defending ump but the war is over. Was at Fairbury last week which had a good mod count and most other places rained out. the common theme was that ump sh!t the bed with A40s tire and deal and that they were forced to go around scooping up all the old a40 tires they could get, plus had to run all the a40s tires they already had mounted. ump created that mess by not going with ONE tire like every other sanction. why does ump do this ? Because they want racers to spend more money on tires. lite inn you can keep defending ump but racers know that ump is greedy and not looking out for the racers. ump is only trying make money for hoosier and themselves and meanwhile sitting back watching the class die. Lite inn, if you are a true racefan there is no way you can defend ump unless you are related to Sam or have family working at ump. btw lite inn, the word is out on you and your game is getting old even STL racing has starting banning you as well. looks like it wont be too long before you nowhere left to post your constant defense of ump. lol even the people on STL are laughing at you for all of the new user names you are coming up with lol.
    Lmao you can't handle the truth it was hoosier that screwed the pooch the tire is gone and they now have a second h tire wow all these defenders of g the 60 amazing the calss is dying just like the lates had 34 cars the classes that are dying which is alarming is the 4cy and street stocks

that was 136 cars in 5 classes over half was amods and lates

Lmao you can't handle the truth it was hoosier that screwed the pooch the tire is gone and they now have a second h tire wow all these defenders of g the 60 amazing the calss is dying just like the lates had 34 cars the classes that are dying which is alarming is the 4cy and street stocks
    lmao here are the fact read slowly so you are not confused your blind loyalty to ump often does that to you. UMP and Hoosier agreed to put out a terrible tire called the A40s, it was horrid , and they pulled it off the market after racers complained. Many racers however had already bought and mount those tires and were STUCK with them. Hoosier and UMP then pulled the A40s off the market. Racers now know once and for all that UMP and Hoosier are working together to fleece them for every nickel they can get. The car counts in central IL are proving this is true. Now I realize lite inn you dont like facts but everything I posted is 100% true. Keep saying you cant see it at the one or two tracks you go to but that does not change whats going on many other tracks.

Bull crap enough said

Probably another 60 last night choosing not to race

Iowa state speedway had 11 mods we had more than that in 1 of 2 b mains

Quote Originally Posted by sirleafalot View Post
    the IMCA deal is fine, because at least the crate engine is an option. The Bmod deal with UMP is a forced crate deal, making the weight deal such that you have no choice but to run a crate with every year adding more weight. At least with IMCA its your choice, and they are on a hard tire too. bring it on.
    not yet and the crates are very competitve with the more open motors in the b mods plus the crate motor is cheaper to run

Quote Originally Posted by rustymod View Post
    wow looks like imca rules will draw a decent car count Davenport reporting 48 mods so far.
    what did it pay 2 k tri city weekly pay out and got 40

lmao here are the fact read slowly so you are not confused your blind loyalty to ump often does that to you. UMP and Hoosier agreed to put out a terrible tire called the A40s, it was horrid , and they pulled it off the market after racers complained. Many racers however had already bought and mount those tires and were STUCK with them. Hoosier and UMP then pulled the A40s off the market. Racers now know once and for all that UMP and Hoosier are working together to fleece them for every nickel they can get. The car counts in central IL are proving this is true. Now I realize lite inn you dont like facts but everything I posted is 100% true. Keep saying you cant see it at the one or two tracks you go to but that does not change whats going on many other tracks.
    Actually the a40s is a faster tire. There really isn't anything wrong with the tire other than inexperienced racers abusing them!
    I absolutely know what I am talking about!

he knew that lol

he knew that lol
    clueless lying snakes on the ump payroll.

dean Hoffman told ump the tire was garbage, are you saying he is a liar?

lomax and others ran around buying up every a40 they could get.

this bs was all caused by Hoosier and ump

Don't confuse things with facts, ump supporters don't like that. Numerous top racers complained and thus UMP pulled the tire. If it was so great they would have stuck to their guns.