Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDirtCrazy View Post
    I'm not convinced that comparing a tire designed for an IMCA Mod versus a UMP Mod is a fair analysis. From what I can tell an IMCA Mod tops out around 400 hp whereas most UMP Mods are pumping out 600+ hp. When put to the ground I would expect tire wear to be different in these scenarios. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending or criticizing Hoosier. All I can tell you is that the last UMP Mod Race I watched was a few weeks back at Charleston Speedway; at least 5 cars logged 13.5 second laps during qualifying on the 3/8 mile track. What was remarkable was the amount of speed carried through the turns. No matter how you cut it, that kind of speed is going to wear on any tire.
    LOL from what the STL mod guys are telling me you wont be running those speeds very long on the A40S. USMTS has the deal better tire and same HP.

Quote Originally Posted by modracr41 View Post
    That's not feasible for modified racing. You will always have the "have's" and the "have-not's" but to level the playing field to the point that "have-not's" aren't out-classed is the goal. New tires will outrun used tires 95% of the time, but you still have to drive the car, know how to set up the car, and how to take care of the tires so they're there at the end of the feature. Those things will win races when $$ won't. UMP changes rules without input from drivers, and more importantly doing some research and looking at what will make a difference. Taking the spoilers off will help on a long, momentum type track, but on a small 1/4 mile bullring track it won't make a difference. They need to look at restricting the high $$, high HP engines and a hard tire with little tread does help with this. Tech is also a huge part of this and for it to be successful it has to be done and enforced. Ask Tom Brady about rules enforcement. UMP would have dropped the minimum air pressure in the rules for all of the balls so what he did wasn't illegal any longer.
    that was plain stupid what they dd to Tom Brady did he take the aair out the balls hell no, besidesdidn't the other team use the same ball it was the NFLS fault like i said they should have it what ever tire you start the night thats the one you finish the night with a cuts down tires bought b most guys would start out on hards just to make the night

Quote Originally Posted by team jarvis View Post
    LOL from what the STL mod guys are telling me you wont be running those speeds very long on the A40S. USMTS has the deal better tire and same HP.
    yes the a40 s is gone so what most guys that win run h40s

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    that was plain stupid what they dd to Tom Brady did he take the aair out the balls hell no, besidesdidn't the other team use the same ball it was the NFLS fault like i said they should have it what ever tire you start the night thats the one you finish the night with a cuts down tires bought b most guys would start out on hards just to make the night

so lite inn I can see you have learned zero from the short time you were banned on 4m, time to go back the moderator, its impossible to have a discussion on 4m without you insulting people etc and defending ump at every turn when they dont have a leg to stand on. not only that but the same old facts ring true in that you still dont buy any tires at all not one single tire. you have no financial interest in this. please take yourself back to stl racing dirthound we dont need you here. The board returned to a good place to discuss actual racing issues with actual people involved in the sport that have financial concerns that affect them that are spending there own money while you were gone. Please go back to stl racing and stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    yes the a40 s is gone so what most guys that win run h40s
    this is part of the issue within ump d, h, or a, too many tires and not all accepted at all tracks. you dont see this issue in other sanctions.

The issue is VERY SIMPLE ...... ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!! Take the Money out....(BIG BUSINESS) Put them on HARD TIRES ONLY, RESTRICTED ENGINES, GIVE DECENT PAY TO DRIVERS...AND THE RACERS (that put the show on) This all Equals GOOD RACING and More Fans and Racers will show up.... Take the NATIONAL POINTS and STICK THEM! If anyone should be making money it should be the RACE TEAMS and TRACK OWNERS.... they put on the shows....and have all the expenses.... NOT ANY SANCTION BODYS

You put them on a hard tire, you won't have to worry about engine restrictions.

That is very true....................

The problem with the mods are too many are trying to race on a Burger King paycheck and refuse to move down to a class they actually can afford!

Well then maybe you should either quit Burger King or race a Hornet $UMP$ But maybe on the other hand you can find a race shop that takes LINK

I like burger king lol

Quote Originally Posted by indyboywilliam View Post
    Well then maybe you should either quit Burger King or race a Hornet $UMP$ But maybe on the other hand you can find a race shop that takes LINK
    With any luck Burger King will sponsor your parade next year!
    Last edited by ModJr9; 05-14-2015 at 09:51 PM.
    I absolutely know what I am talking about!

Its all fun and games but central IL is not in good shape with rate its going will have to choose to move or down, dont really see going LM, so maybe its B mods but dont care about the crate deal no thanks. At the rate we are going it will less than 10 cars weekly.

You hit the nail on the head too many classes

Quote Originally Posted by $UMP$ View Post
    The problem with the mods are too many are trying to race on a Burger King paycheck and refuse to move down to a class they actually can afford!
    What if those guys that run on a burger budget as you say decide ok that's it I'm done. I wonder how many A-Mods would be left?

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    What if those guys that run on a burger budget as you say decide ok that's it I'm done. I wonder how many A-Mods would be left?
    Come on guys, don't feed the bears. We all know that $UMP$ is full of hot air. Things were going great with no input from him, and no one answering when he posts. PLEASE, let's get back to discussing racing with real racers and ignore people like that. They will eventually get the hint and go away.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    lol kidrock dont try to confuse things with facts lol. your post in dead on. Thats what so many dont see its real easy to come on here type a message and say if racers can cut it they can drop down in class or get out. Well apparently in Central IL, thats exactly what they are doing and car counts are down and thus people like myself are suggesting changes like harder tire in an attempt to preserve car counts and the class. The trouble is that the guys that are running at tracks with good car counts are still living in denial. They are playing " I cant see it from my house game " They wont realize there is a problem until the track the go to starts dropping car counts. Then at that point they will most likely drop down to B-Mods and start lobbying to open up the rules to allow more items in the Bmods. Sadly I have seen this pattern over and over. I for one will be mentioning the issues with UMP and the need to move to another sanction with a better tire option every time I go to the track and I encourage others to the same.

There have been some excellent points made. I can tell you as a racer, a school teacher, a coach, business owner and a fan. The crowds are not there like they used to be. The cars are not there like they used to be. It is a problem that is bigger than can be simply overcome. Society has so many other options for our time, energy, and money that stuff like local racing is paying the cost. I see it in high school sports as well. Kids have so many options that they are limiting themselves or simply not going out for activities. We see it in the work effort of students in the classroom. Businesses see it in employee work ethic as well. Blame it on technology or simply the changing of the times. Something needs to be done creatively to keep people in the sport. I do not envy the position that promoters and track owners are in. They have a business to run and cash flow rules in business. There are also increased pressures from local government agencies and anti-racers to limit or shut down tracks. It also is a tough time for racers. The cost of everything rises yet payouts do not follow in most instances. It forces decisions to be made for themselves and their families. Often times that is to eliminate the hobbies. The lines of communication needs to be open for all entities involved to make this successful and sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtrace09 View Post
    There have been some excellent points made. I can tell you as a racer, a school teacher, a coach, business owner and a fan. The crowds are not there like they used to be. The cars are not there like they used to be. It is a problem that is bigger than can be simply overcome. Society has so many other options for our time, energy, and money that stuff like local racing is paying the cost. I see it in high school sports as well. Kids have so many options that they are limiting themselves or simply not going out for activities. We see it in the work effort of students in the classroom. Businesses see it in employee work ethic as well. Blame it on technology or simply the changing of the times. Something needs to be done creatively to keep people in the sport. I do not envy the position that promoters and track owners are in. They have a business to run and cash flow rules in business. There are also increased pressures from local government agencies and anti-racers to limit or shut down tracks. It also is a tough time for racers. The cost of everything rises yet payouts do not follow in most instances. It forces decisions to be made for themselves and their families. Often times that is to eliminate the hobbies. The lines of communication needs to be open for all entities involved to make this successful and sustainable.
    Well put Dirtrace09. I've predicted this for a while. I wouldn't be a bit surprised that in 20-30 years if there isn't ANY dirt racing as we know it. Life is cyclical. Back in the 50's until the early 2000's there were people who either lived during the early days of dirt track racing, or were children of those guys. Now, our children would rather play video games, or some other activity than participate in our type of racing. NASCRAP has a lot of fans, but it has also leveled off due to the commercialization of the sport. Our issue is to try to prolong the inevitable for as long as we can. In doing so, we need to realize what hurts our sport, and what would help prolong it. Expensive high HP engines, baby soft tires that hook up the power, promotors who don't tech anything, and the whole "run what you brung, it makes for better racing" mentality are all things that hurt the sport. I can't understand for the life of me why anyone who does actually spend their hard-earned money to race would protest rules that would make it less expensive. It's like saying, "I like this recliner, but do you have one more expensive? It can look exactly like this one, sit and feel exactly like this one, but must cost more because that means it must be better." It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtrace09 View Post
    this is true, but it begs response" If all of this is true then its even the more reason to switch rules to a new sanction that cost less with cheaper tires etc to try and attract more racers ???