Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    No it's not the same difference because AR are a proven tire unlike the NASCAR fiasco Competition breeds cheaper tires and it gives the racers another option.
    really that's what happen with NASCAR cheaper softer tires so I guess in your mind hoosier and goodyear are sub par to t o american racer if American racer is so great why did IMCA leave them

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    really that's what happen with NASCAR cheaper softer tires so I guess in your mind hoosier and goodyear are sub par to t o american racer if American racer is so great why did IMCA leave them
    Never said anyone was sub par, let me say it again competition is a good thing and usually makes thing cheaper. I never said AR were so great but, at least the racers can make that decision. The way it is now they only Hoosier to choose from.

it worked years ago in fact this year a number of mod drivers did move up maybe that has something to with smaller car counts
    I wonder why no one from the lower classes step up to fill the shoes of those who left?

they have around my parts and going from a stock car to modified can be unsettling the big problem I see is not enough drivers coming in the lower classes like street stocks and 4cyl those are the classes dying esp 4 cyl when you guys buying a number factory crates to find the right motor all in flipping front wheel car whenthet move up everything they knew about racing goes right out the window

they have around my parts and going from a stock car to modified can be unsettling the big problem I see is not enough drivers coming in the lower classes like street stocks and 4cyl those are the classes dying esp 4 cyl when you guys buying a number factory crates to find the right motor all in flipping front wheel car whenthet move up everything they knew about racing goes right out the window
    well unfortunately they haven't in other places but, only if that was the problem but, there's more to it then just guys moving up.

yeah look at the white house and its only going to get worse with the clowns we have in there right now

and what is the price of tea in china?? (has nothing to do with car counts .... racers always find a way to race, its just a matter of trying to make it more affordable) yes economy has little affect but the guys who race want to race no matter what and making it more affordable is the key to that.

yeah look at the white house and its only going to get worse with the clowns we have in there right now

MONEY. That is why Hoosier is now IMCA's tire. The tire companies bid on being the tire supplier, each time the contract is up. Hoosier is bigger, therefore they can bid more. Then they add the price to the top of the tire and make the racer pay for their own point fund. The UMP tire money started at $10 per tire in 1992, and is now way more. That is why the tires go up every year 3 or 4 dollars. The racer has no say in the matter. I wouldn't say that either tire is better than the other brand, but if it is a mandatory tire, why should they worry about making it better? Or even decent

Donnie is right, it's all about the Money. Hoosier pays and pays HUGE to keep the monopoly going. hygty, ie LITE-INN, BiG.ED, or whatever he's going by these days refuses to hear anything negative about UMP and it's treatment of the drivers. HE and his buddy $UMP$ are the sole reason I left this board. They get banned for their BS, then they simply create another user name and wah-laa, they're back starting BS once again. When the moderators finally see that people aren't frequenting the board any longer, maybe they'll ban these two yahoo's IP addresses permanently and we can get back to racers talking about racing.

Quote Originally Posted by blueracer11 View Post
    Donnie is right, it's all about the Money. Hoosier pays and pays HUGE to keep the monopoly going. hygty, ie LITE-INN, BiG.ED, or whatever he's going by these days refuses to hear anything negative about UMP and it's treatment of the drivers. HE and his buddy $UMP$ are the sole reason I left this board. They get banned for their BS, then they simply create another user name and wah-laa, they're back starting BS once again. When the moderators finally see that people aren't frequenting the board any longer, maybe they'll ban these two yahoo's IP addresses permanently and we can get back to racers talking about racing.
    Let me guess when you are not on here you are out somewhere licking windows!
    I absolutely know what I am talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVY DUTY View Post
    MONEY. That is why Hoosier is now IMCA's tire. The tire companies bid on being the tire supplier, each time the contract is up. Hoosier is bigger, therefore they can bid more. Then they add the price to the top of the tire and make the racer pay for their own point fund. The UMP tire money started at $10 per tire in 1992, and is now way more. That is why the tires go up every year 3 or 4 dollars. The racer has no say in the matter. I wouldn't say that either tire is better than the other brand, but if it is a mandatory tire, why should they worry about making it better? Or even decent
    And there you have it. UMP is collecting big tire money and meanwhile doing almost nothing for it. Almost every other sanction has a tech person at the track. UMP leaves it to the promoters which means no tech. UMP is doing zero other than having the spoilers taken off to help this class grow or at least maintain. In fact they tried pull a fast one with A40S BS. The same two clowns can type on here about great UMP is but the writing is on the wall for all to see, you can ignore if you like but it does not change anything. UMP needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by rustymod View Post
    And there you have it. UMP is collecting big tire money and meanwhile doing almost nothing for it. Almost every other sanction has a tech person at the track. UMP leaves it to the promoters which means no tech. UMP is doing zero other than having the spoilers taken off to help this class grow or at least maintain. In fact they tried pull a fast one with A40S BS. The same two clowns can type on here about great UMP is but the writing is on the wall for all to see, you can ignore if you like but it does not change anything. UMP needs to go.
    Break time is over get back in Burger King and take some orders!
    I absolutely know what I am talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by $UMP$ View Post
    Break time is over get back in Burger King and take some orders!
    lots O posting on this thread about BK, I thought this was a racing board. LMAO

Could something be in the works??? Only time will tell !!!

Kid looks like to me some of the promoters have all ready did some changes. Seems like a lot of them are really are pushing their own E-Mod, or B-Mod. Just look at all of the track in central Il that are starting to run them. Charleston, Fairbury, Lincoln, Macon, Peoria, and Spoon River. Just look at this section for modifieds for this weekend. Peoria, and Macon are promoting them for this weekend. UMP destroyed the SS class and now the modified class. The promoters are trying to find a middle class so some of us can afford to race again.

really now 40 a mods and 32 supers which made up over half the car count the last time tri city ran

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    So, then are you saying when you get a certain amount of experience you need to move up a class, so some mod drivers need to move up
    that would be nice if they could they did years ago they also started the fast guys to the rear also I wonder why the stands were full you think

Really now, Out of the 6 I mention above only 2 run late models and they have for 30 years. The other don't run them because they are not affordable for the racers or profitable for the promoters in the area. Macon has run Late models for last 50 - 60 and they are no longer running late models. Lot of them are starting to run the crates because they are affordable and profitable.

its not good in central ILl is it around st louis doing ok tri city in the 30s highland in the 20s I55 in the 20s and belleville has gone off the deep end you can't buy or find a crate race in the st louis area see each area is different
    Last edited by hygty; 06-03-2015 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rustymod View Post
    and your point is I betcha IMCA gets money also yeah lets pay a measley 2500 to win on your biggest weekend only tohave the winners engine claimed yeah how is that working out