Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    What about a shock rule yea or ney?
    I say OIL SHOCK ONLY ... With a Claim on shocks

Shocks are a decent start, but to save the class you need Hard cheaper tireSome sort of engine rules, even minor like no roller camsActual techPossibly rules limiting suspension

All shocks have oil... I think you are saying no monotubes?

No bulbs is probably the only thing that's easy to tech. And we all know they don't tech what they have so why add another...

No gas shocks.... No adjustable shocks ....

I thought the off-season b!tching and moaning was over...?
    Just anotha guy on 4m who think's they know what they're talking about...

I don't have dog in this fight, but, it sure seems to me if you just got away from the Hoosier tires and go to AR's the rest would fall in order. We run USRA and the big motors/high dollar motors really don't have an advantage. I have a modest 350 stroked to 396(about $3000) and they don't pull me coming out of corners. My biggest problem is getting a real good setup for the corners where I can hammer down coming out. We also have a 8000 chip rule and is enforced. Maybe the whole problem is rules not being enforced. Probably get bashed for this but..........

Hard tires would be a very good fix among other things>>> but that would be for sure a good start

Quote Originally Posted by pig tracker View Post
    I don't have dog in this fight, but, it sure seems to me if you just got away from the Hoosier tires and go to AR's the rest would fall in order. We run USRA and the big motors/high dollar motors really don't have an advantage. I have a modest 350 stroked to 396(about $3000) and they don't pull me coming out of corners. My biggest problem is getting a real good setup for the corners where I can hammer down coming out. We also have a 8000 chip rule and is enforced. Maybe the whole problem is rules not being enforced. Probably get bashed for this but..........
    if it is not in the rule book it can't be enforced, do you really need a 30k motor for a 1/5 mile or a 1/4

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    if it is not in the rule book it can't be enforced, do you really need a 30k motor for a 1/5 mile or a 1/4
    This is the trouble. Usra would be the right direction. The car counts speak volumes. Ump needs to go.

I have been a follower of races for 58 years. I have seen many things come and go,,mostly go. I think that if UMP is not going to do anything,,maybe the promoters need to get together and come up with some one to manufacture some restrictor plates for a mod class. Let me explain before you go off on a tangent,,,when you show up at the track,,trade your drivers license for a track issued plate,,this plate can have a tab on the side of it that can be seen when looking under hood by tech guy,,,now that's another story,,tech guy,,,when you are done with the nights program,,take your plate back to official and trade for your license,,The official will have a "go-no go gauge" to check the plate to see if you have been altering it,,Then you can compete against these high dollar air breathing monsters with no cost to the racer...This class is in a die mode as we talk,,,car counts continue to diminish,,,Track promoters need to take a stand now because the more you wait on UMP,,the more cars will not come....Just sayin'
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

I'm not so sure the promoters aren't in cahoots with ump. They don't seem to care what is going on. That of course does not include all promoter, but most. I think the only way to change this is thru the drivers and car owners. Boycott these races. Race another series or simple take the year off and work on your cars, trailers, equipment, haulers, stocking parts, or whatever. I personally would hate to miss a year, but it sure seems that there are many, many drivers that are unhappy with the way things are now. This is suppose to be a fun hobby and we all know we can't really make money doing this, so why put up with being unhappy doing something we all love? It just might only take a few months till the promoters see the light and change series.

Quote Originally Posted by AnothaBenchRacer View Post
    I thought the off-season b!tching and moaning was over...?
    I don't see it has bitching and moaning but, guys seeing the class dwindling at a fast pace and putting their 2 cents in on what they think might help the class. Yes things can stay the same but, it won't be long and their will be more B-Mods then A-Mods. I honestly think if the B-Mods could all be on the same rules it would help that class as well but, for whatever reason different tracks have different rules and that doesn't make a much sense in my opinion but, my opinion doesn't count.

No reason to bash you for your comment your just giving your honest opinion and what you said makes a lot of sense and yes if you have rules they have to be enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by indyboywilliam View Post
    No gas shocks.... No adjustable shocks ....
    Quote Originally Posted by indyboywilliam View Post
    Hard tires would be a very good fix among other things>>> but that would be for sure a good start

Yes a very good start on both

I'm not so sure the promoters aren't in cahoots with ump. They don't seem to care what is going on. That of course does not include all promoter, but most. I think the only way to change this is thru the drivers and car owners. Boycott these races. Race another series or simple take the year off and work on your cars, trailers, equipment, haulers, stocking parts, or whatever. I personally would hate to miss a year, but it sure seems that there are many, many drivers that are unhappy with the way things are now. This is suppose to be a fun hobby and we all know we can't really make money doing this, so why put up with being unhappy doing something we all love? It just might only take a few months till the promoters see the light and change series.
    Its like a double edge sword. I know some promoters that want to drop UMP but, the problem is there are those racers that want to run for UMP points so, the promoters are afraid they will loose those cars to tracks that stay UMP. In my opinion the promoters will step up to the plate very soon if they want to see the class survive because, they can see the decline in the car counts. Heck who knows they might not have any choice but, to drop the class like they have the Super Late Models.

ALL THIS B@tching certainly doesn't help both in car counts or crowds changing the rules doesn't help either think about that one the sportsman and street stocks re about dead because of joining UMP or any other sanction that their rules are different that what they had before , its the economy in many others years ago as fan I would 3 maybe 4 nights a wwwk now I am lucky to hit 1 betcha many a racer is in the same but much bigger boat here you want change everyone on 3 link with ct525 nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    ALL THIS B@tching certainly doesn't help both in car counts or crowds changing the rules doesn't help either think about that one the sportsman and street stocks re about dead because of joining UMP or any other sanction that their rules are different that what they had before , its the economy in many others years ago as fan I would 3 maybe 4 nights a wwwk now I am lucky to hit 1 betcha many a racer is in the same but much bigger boat here you want change everyone on 3 link with ct525 nothing else
    The economy excuse has been mentioned a lot, and even if that's true it's even more the reason ump needs to go. Ump bmod rules suck, they are forcing everyone to crates and will not enforce any rules no different than any other class. If the bitching does not help, then what's the better plan, cause I can tell you saying nothing and staying with ump is not working. Promoters need to wake up and go with usra or another idea that will help

THE economy is not an excuse its a fact along with with how the population is going in the country do you think many minorities or illegals go to the races or would start a team explain ,some teams have moved up or down depending on finances , why would teams build car when at some tracks they may only race 5 times a year, if usra was great just any other sanction we would n't have a discussion every track would go it

I'm kind of curious as to why some want to called it bitching and complaining. When in fact some are just voicing their concerns. The economy does play a part in it but, hence why things are going to have to change or this class will not survive for the most part. Yes there might be some tracks where they keep running A-Mods but, some might replace them with B-Mods. Just my 2 cents which I realize isn't worth the 2 cents lol.

then tell me why streets are down sportsman are gone and 4cyls are down its the economy plain and simple blame the idiots in dc and lets make sure the borders are open that will willreally bring the economy and racing back NOT