Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

UMP has run it's course as a weekly sanction. Let them take their supers and run the SN, but for weekly racing they have to go.

Promoters need to go with a new sanctioning body or start their own. They know this, but they know that the racers and other promoters will need to be on board. That's the difficult part.

The restrictor plate, tire and shock ideas all have merit. If they fix the mod rules there won't be a need for a b-mod class unless they use the b-mods to replace the street stocks.
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

Quote Originally Posted by Pops15 View Post
    UMP has run it's course as a weekly sanction. Let them take their supers and run the SN, but for weekly racing they have to go.

Promoters need to go with a new sanctioning body or start their own. They know this, but they know that the racers and other promoters will need to be on board. That's the difficult part.

The restrictor plate, tire and shock ideas all have merit. If they fix the mod rules there won't be a need for a b-mod class unless they use the b-mods to replace the street stocks.
    And common sense prevails

That's why my brother and I sold everything lol.

Even IF the car counts are down in every class its even more the reason a change needs to be made. What do all these things have in common ? The answer is ump. Blame the economy but less money requires a sanction that can navigate its way thru this kind of situation and its not ump.

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    I remember back in the 90s certain tracks were getting 5 late models and 15 mods what sanction was it
    Does not matter and don't care what I know for sure is the current sanction ump is not doing anything to help the situation and they need to replaced with someone that will bring in a hard tire at least.

I remember back in the 90s certain tracks were getting 5 late models and 15 mods what sanction was it
    I remember having so many cars that we had to race Saturday and on Wednesday. Gas was a dollar a gallon.What does that have to do with today.?

in the 90s it was UMP also and it survived gas gas was that high a buck a gallon try 27 cents a gallons and a track in everyones back yard literally , some people would hate UMP hate went to american racers and teched every car every night they just hate UMP guess what all sanctions are hurting , there arew too many classes period not UMP but racing in general
    And now UMP has all but killed the Modified and Street stock division.OUTSTANDING job! IMCA is gaining cars as is USMTS. Keep trying to defend UMP but after Bob died,so did UMP.It is nothing but a money eating machine looking out for itself.

It is nothing but a money eating machine looking out for itself. if the classes are dieng how is UMP or any other sanction benefiting by that explain that
    Sorry Lite-inn but, like Pops said UMP has run its course. You can keep making excuse for them but no one is buying it anymore. It's time for them to go. All it's going to take is a couple of tracks to say good bye and it will be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pops15 View Post

Here's the problem for promoters, as I see it. I honestly think some would like to get away from UMP, but are afraid of losing their SN date, the one night a year that they might actually make some money. Until a different sanction comes up with something along the lines of the SN series, I don't see them getting away from UMP, unless they all go down together, which could happen the way they're headed now.

all sanction have run there course back in the day when no sanctions where around you had tracks and car all over the place if you are saying ump why because no tech well guess who's fault is that its the tracks fault ,how many officals do you think a sanction has it doesn't matter what sanction if the tracks want to survive they need to tech or the sanctioning need t to pull their membership which mean no sanction races of any kind but remember when farmer city tried that stunt weknow how that worked out didn't we
    ump must go. FC had no plan. Had usra come in at start and got things going at more than one track. All would've worked, better tire a sanction that's growing. Ump is doing nothing for the class but collecting tire fees from Hoosier till the class diesand btw lack of tech is the track and ump fault, ump has only body rules and those only get teched big shows, bottom line, ump has no rules and no tech
    Last edited by wadegarrett; 05-10-2015 at 10:42 AM.

It is nothing but a money eating machine looking out for itself. if the classes are dieng how is UMP or any other sanction benefiting by that explain that
    UMP/Hoosier are benefiting by selling overpriced junk tires and requiring people to use them, pretty simple really. UMP gets tire money from Hoosier for every tire sold, the quicker the tires wear out, the more they sell, the more money they both make. All is good until you reach a tipping point, at which time racers start quitting, selling out, or just sitting out, hoping something is done with racing to make it more affordable. There are more problems than tires, but that would be a good starting point. If I were a promoter, this latest debacle of the A40S tire would convince me to tell UMP/Hoosier to take a hike.

all sanction have run there course back in the day when no sanctions where around you had tracks and car all over the place if you are saying ump why because no tech well guess who's fault is that its the tracks fault ,how many officals do you think a sanction has it doesn't matter what sanction if the tracks want to survive they need to tech or the sanctioning need t to pull their membership which mean no sanction races of any kind but remember when farmer city tried that stunt weknow how that worked out didn't we
    As far as tech goes that should be a joint effort between the sanctioning body and the tracks. The tracks should do tech and enforce the rules but, the sanctioning body should have their own techs that go out to the tracks and tech as well. Now I not saying be at each and every track every week but, they should go out randomly and tech.

Like I said it's only going to take a couple of tracks to drop UMP and in my opinion I believe you will see more of them over the next few years drop them. Like I said in past post there were a couple that came really close to doing it this year. All they need is a good sponsor or two so, they can have a pretty decent point fund at the end of the year and good bye UMP. As far as the Summer National goes it's a gamble if your going to make money or not some years you might make a little and some years your going to lose a lot and some you might break even. I know of a promoter who said if it meant losing the SN date but, yet he had a good weekly program with good car count and fans to support it he would gladly take that date off his schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash 4 View Post
    Here's the problem for promoters, as I see it. I honestly think some would like to get away from UMP, but are afraid of losing their SN date, the one night a year that they might actually make some money. Until a different sanction comes up with something along the lines of the SN series, I don't see them getting away from UMP, unless they all go down together, which could happen the way they're headed now.
    The problem is just because they have SN date does not mean they make money because sometimes they lose money so that might not be that big of a deal to some.

UMP/Hoosier are benefiting by selling overpriced junk tires and requiring people to use them, pretty simple really. UMP gets tire money from Hoosier for every tire sold, the quicker the tires wear out, the more they sell, the more money they both make. All is good until you reach a tipping point, at which time racers start quitting, selling out, or just sitting out, hoping something is done with racing to make it more affordable. There are more problems than tires, but that would be a good starting point. If I were a promoter, this latest debacle of the A40S tire would convince me to tell UMP/Hoosier to take a hike.
    all sanction get their money from the tire companies how do you think they survive as far as the racer they have to race smarter not spend tires every week

why drop them if the track won't do their job and promotors dream alot
    I guess my question to you is what is the track suppose to do?

Give me a reason why you wouldn't drop them?
    Last edited by kidrock; 05-10-2015 at 11:10 AM.

read the rule book and tech every car thats needs to be teched he11 even tech the water truck don't depend on the sanctioning body if a team is wrong with tires lets say park them weight rule park them it should matter who they are like sam would I don't care if you are billy moyer or mike hammerlee they both get teched

all sanction get their money from the tire companies how do you think they survive as far as the racer they have to race smarter not spend tires every week
    I know you're just wanting to argue Litey, but I'll respond anyhow. Hoosier, if they wanted to, could make a tire that lasts and wears better, but they choose not to. I guess they have decided to sell more tires to the fewer that can afford to race, rather than sell many more harder tires to more racers if there were more that could afford to race. Not a good business plan in my opinion. Bad for racing all around. Their recent attempt of the A40S tire was a deliberate poke to the eye to the promoters that decided to discontinue use of the D40. I guess they decided if they couldn't sell D40's any longer, they would make the replacement of the A40 softer and quicker wearing than the old D40's.

As far as racers buying tires, they have to if they want to be competitive, even the street stocks are buying tires weekly, but it doesn't have to be that way. One compound affordable hard tire would help all around and probably get more racers back to the track. The Southwest Speed tire was mentioned in a previous post, and looks like a better option.

read the rule book and tech every car thats needs to be teched he11 even tech the water truck don't depend on the sanctioning body if a team is wrong with tires lets say park them weight rule park them it should matter who they are like sam would I don't care if you are billy moyer or mike hammerlee they both get teched
    Great, so your plan is for the class to die and stay with ump. No thanks. Even going usra would drop tire cost about 40 bucks each. This is good thing for all a mods. Staying with ump is a fools move.

One more thing yes all sanctions make money on tires but why does ump have to be some (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) greedy. Imca and usra both, charge 40 bucks less a tire and make plenty of cash.

Ump just screwing the racers with overpriced garbage tires
    Last edited by rustymod; 05-10-2015 at 12:07 PM.

I know you're just wanting to argue Litey,
    Can't be Litey the words are spelled correctly and proper grammar is used.But many believe it is a "banned" person making another screen name.Kind of twisted deal.

Litey I'm all for teaching every car no matter who it is and yes like I said it should be a joint effort between the tracks and the sanction but, that's only part of the problem. You can keep sticking up for UMP and things can stay the same and one your going to wake up and only have a few tracks that you can go to but, like I said before I have no horse in this race no more so, for me it's not a problem but, for the guys that are still in it I feel bad for them. And yes just because I don't have horse in the race doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.