Default Bead rolling 1/8" hem help :)

I have seen some cars that have a very small 1/8 hem around window openings etc. what dies are used to do this? The smallest hem I can get on my Mittler bros. Bead roller is 1/4" and it is hard to go around tight radiuses thanks for the help in advance.

Kid by me uses an old HVAC tool called an Easy Edger. I don't even know if they make them anymore.

Easy edgers are easily accessible but they are very proud of them. a decent one is gonna run about 700.

we use an adjustable wrench then pound flat with a body hammer. You can get 1/8" to 1/2"

A place called Hoosier profiles (I think) makes a tipping die for the harbor freight bead roller. It's as much $$ as the roller itself but worth every penny.

its a 3 die process

the dies are on mitler brother site.

I use my v die which is step one of the process and then just hammer it 45 then hammer it flat. I have a flattener die but never have tried it after the 45. I don't see where changing dies two times and running it thru 6 times is going to be faster than my hammer on my table. I use a body hammer and dolly to help fix up the radius also if needed.....

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...B04584B4147A42
    Last edited by stock car driver; 05-15-2015 at 05:25 PM.