Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    If somebody hands you a fish, you eat today.

If you know how to get the fish, you never go hungry.
    maybe i need to go hungry for awhile(it wouldn't hurt to loose some weight),as always you have great advise

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    If somebody hands you a fish, you eat today.

If you know how to get the fish, you never go hungry.
    That is true.......unfortunately, in dirt racing, a lot of the "fish" you catch, don't even qualify as stink bait!

I'm chiming in a vote for gear change. What's your high RPM reading ?

I don't guess anyone reads this is a CRATE car...... and he said hes bogging....

your right 7up, I often wander why they even have a crate section any more, cause no one uses it.

Very simple, raise left lower, raise right upper. I don't see why everyone makes this stuff out to be rocket science.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

OK we found a solution and it sounds very silly but won 2 weeks ago and been top 3 ever since. Put a 300 on RR spring, dropped down on the pinion to 1 below center, pulled right bottom rod to the top, raised left bottom rod to one up from standard, top rods standard, LF 375, RF 375, and LR 200. We also have about 160 pounds of bite to rotate center with no dummy. I know this sounds silly but I think if you don't have enough j-bar angle to keep RF planted you are using only your rear for traction giving it a squating effect. We went as low on chassis and high on pinion as possible and made it worse, only to mention all our lead is low. Seems like a double edged sword and I'm sure everyone thinks this is crazy but it worked!

160 pounds on the left rear, I never would have guessed that.. we never go over 30 for any track.. but what works for you go for it.. the main thing is you kept working at it til you found what worked for you and like grt74 and masterbuiltracer try to explain to everybody they can get you headed there but you got to find what you like which is trail and error..

something not silly is the 300 200 combo on the rear that's money in the bank on a high speed momentum race track.. we use a 275 or 300 depending on the track

Quote Originally Posted by swartzman View Post
    160 pounds on the left rear, I never would have guessed that.. we never go over 30 for any track.. but what works for you go for it.. the main thing is you kept working at it til you found what worked for you and like grt74 and masterbuiltracer try to explain to everybody they can get you headed there but you got to find what you like which is trail and error..
    Swartz cars are the exception, not the rule with that no lr weight stuff.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Is that for dry slick or rubbered up surface? Seems like the soft left front paired with the heavier rr makes sense for entry but it's not too loose in mid and exit?

Default Wrong

you can't have to much traction I was at racewise school put on by rocket chassis and mark bush (look him up if you don't know who he his) someone raised there hand said they have to much traction he just laughed and asked if they would teach the class because you can't have to much traction
    tWFO77

When most people say "too much traction", they mean "the car won't turn when I'm on the gas".
    Mark Bush is great at explaining traction "management" and when somebody phrases a question like that, he is usually quick to correct their terminology after figuring out what the problem really is.

Bingo Terminology is a big deal when you're trying to address a problem correctly

Exactly, a bit off topic but prime example: For the longest time, my dad and I were having some communication breakdowns on shocks. Like I would tell him I think we need a little less rebound in the RF. He interpreted that to mean that I wanted the RF to rebound less (stiffer) but what I meant was I wanted less rebound control (softer). We've both had to adjust the way we talk about shocks to make sure we're on the same page. We no longer use "less" and "more". Just "stiffer" and "softer".