Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

So what produces better car counts at ur local track on saturday night. The more expensive open engines or the lesser priced spec and crate options? That's what this is about. Let the WoO and Lucas keep their $45k open motors. Economically they make zero sense to me for a Saturday night racer. Feel free to convince me!

Dolly Parton purses at local tracks hurts car counts. I don't think every kid deserves a trophy but 11th through 20th paying the same is kind of ridiculous. The winner deserves the lion's share for sure but don't flat-line the purse after 8th place or so.
    My local track allows the 525 with the supers for weekly competition with NO breaks and I would do it in heartbeat if there were other tracks in the area that allowed it and if I could run the two Lucas shows that we have. Instead, I stay in the crate deal where we have good competition and decent pay.

join UMP the y allow it , woo is the same way as lucas what are they afraid of

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    What exactly do you want??? One post you're pushing for nose boards, 12" spoiler, and weight breaks and in this post you are saying no one is asking for an advantage.

All these crate deals remind me of is the old west snake oil salesmen selling their magical elixir that will solve all your worldly problems. And we know how that all worked out.....
    Nobody is asking for an advantage IE: 12" Spoiler, weight breaks, etc. will not give a car with a CT525 an advantage over a car with an 800hp open motor. Its not like I'm saying the cars with CT525 should get four tires and the open motors only three. That stuff makes a difference but on most track conditions it is still not enough to overcome a 300hp gap.
    Last edited by W2Racing09; 05-15-2015 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PushinTheLimit View Post
    Would any of the big teams have a problem with the 525 being legal for WoO or Lucas if it had to meet the same rules as the open motor guys? Meaning, the 525 gets no extra spoiler, no reduced weight, etc... just have it open in the rules that you could run the motor.

If this was the case, the guy with the 525 could at least have the option of trying to make a super late race if they wanted to. If it's a night that the track is heavy and fast, they just won't keep up. If it's slicked up, then they have a chance to see what they can do. Just curious how those with supers would feel about that.
    I don't think that would really help. The motor would be basically pointless. You would need certain track conditions to even have a close to equal shot at winning. The point of this post is about making the CT525 a viable option so more people can run the SLM division (at no expense to the fans, who would not be able to tell the difference because the CT525 could keep up with the Open motors given the right breaks). If it has pretty much no chance to win nobody will ever buy one. The only place allowing them would do anything is in the South where they have their own division and people already have them. Here in the North East only a few tracks run them (most by the rules I've suggested or similar) and a few cars have them, but if more tracks would adopt, so would more drivers.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    Dolly Parton purses at local tracks hurts car counts. I don't think every kid deserves a trophy but 11th through 20th paying the same is kind of ridiculous. The winner deserves the lion's share for sure but don't flat-line the purse after 8th place or so.
    My local track allows the 525 with the supers for weekly competition with NO breaks and I would do it in heartbeat if there were other tracks in the area that allowed it and if I could run the two Lucas shows that we have. Instead, I stay in the crate deal where we have good competition and decent pay.
    So you are asking tracks to up the payout for their division with struggling car counts? Most tracks in the country don't break the 20 mark in the SLM division. Tracks have nothing to gain out of increasing the payout from 10th to 20th. It might make some drivers happy but I doubt $200 for 10th instead of $150 is going to be enough to convince someone to go out and drop $60k on an SLM operation.

the cream rise to the top, there are other engines out there that produce more hp then the crate engine and that hurts the class limited to a crate engine,and a dyno pretty well show they are junk, for them to stay up with the big boys would be smaller tracks,but on 1/2 mile tracks there a dead duck sitting in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Nobody is asking for an advantage IE: 12" Spoiler, weight breaks, etc. will not give a car with a CT525 an advantage over a car with an 800hp open motor. Its not like I'm saying the cars with CT525 should get four tires and the open motors only three. That stuff makes a difference but on most track conditions it is still not enough to overcome a 300hp gap.
    At any slick 1/4 mile to 1/3 mile deal, indeed you are.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

This may be a bit off topic, but I was just listening to the videocast with Todd Turner on DoD and it was mentioned that Ray Cook suggested having all types run together but have class/division winners within a race. This would be similar to what they do in the endurance series races. Depending on car counts you could run heat races for each type and advance as many to the feature from each class as would make sense. Everyone gets a chance to win the feature, but there would also be a race within a race with money paid to class winners as well.

That's a cool idea. Make it even more interesting for fans. Would help everyone.

Iv raced at Ray Cooks track and he has 5 classes of car. Supers. Crates. Steel blocks. Street stocks super stock.

This one is for Jeff about roaring knob did thy ever get the water truck fixed last week pump was still broke couldn't get water on track just around out side and does Mel race any other tracks?????

Jeff-- you are one clever son of gun. I just saw on twitter that Mel Minnick Jr. Won the feature at roaring knob. I guess we must all bow down to you now... Haha. The knob had 32 total cars in the pits across 4/5 divisions... That's a bummer right there. Guess they should let the 525 guys run in every class... Because they are saving the supers at the knob!!!
    Last edited by j1s; 05-16-2015 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatTire View Post
    So what produces better car counts at ur local track on saturday night. The more expensive open engines or the lesser priced spec and crate options? That's what this is about. Let the WoO and Lucas keep their $45k open motors. Economically they make zero sense to me for a Saturday night racer. Feel free to convince me!
    The tracks near me (Oakshade, Attica, Eldora) all run UMP super late models. No crates. Car counts are good, crowds are good.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

The CT525 was built to race in super late model, and be competitive with open aluminum engines. I remember a couple of years ago, William Thomas went on a tear winning 4 or 5 races in a row with a 525, and was out running open motors on big half mile tracks where he should have been at a disadvantage. If a promotor or tech man thinks a car with spec super late model engine is equivalent a car running a 362 limited engine, they may be smoking something that they shouldn't be.
    Last edited by tgracing4; 05-16-2015 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j1s View Post
    Jeff-- you are one clever son of gun. I just saw on twitter that Mel Minnick Jr. Won the feature at roaring knob. I guess we must all bow down to you now... Haha. The knob had 32 total cars in the pits across 4/5 divisions... That's a bummer right there. Guess they should let the 525 guys run in every class... Because they are saving the supers at the knob!!!
    They are not going to save anything until more tracks allow them. I don't know about you but I wouldn't build a car that could only run at one track in the area (especially if that track is Roaring Knob).

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    They are not going to save anything until more tracks allow them. I don't know about you but I wouldn't build a car that could only run at one track in the area (especially if that track is Roaring Knob).

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    You can run a 525 in supers at just about every super late model track in the country. It fits under super late model engine rules. They don't get concessions everywhere though, and that's the way it should be.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

FUEL CT-525 LM SERIES Eyes Upcoming Georgia Swing At Hartwell & Screven Motor Sports Complex

FUEL Racing Series is more than ready to get back on track as the series gears up for back to back events in Georgia.

On May 30th, FUEL visits Hartwell Speedway (Hartwell, GA) for the 2nd Annual Wendell "Peanut Man" Rousey Memorial. On June 6th, the series invades Screven Motor Sports Complex (Sylvania, GA) for the GM CT525 Georgia Shootout. It will be the first visit for FUEL Racing Series to each of these venues and both events will offer a $3000 To Win/$300 To Start purse for the competitors.
    Ross Bailes took the season opening event at Cherokee Speedway followed by Trent Ivey and Brett Hamm. Carter Stokes, Donald Bradsher, Ricky Weeks, Steve Banal, and others are looking to improve at Screven as several FUEL regulars and many regional teams are expected to make the Georgia Swing. Follow the FUEL series online (fuelracingseries.com) on Facebook (FUEL Racing Series) and on Twitter (@FUEL525SERIES) leading up each of these exciting events.

FUEL's visit to Hartwell will be a special visit as the series headlines the 2nd Annual Wendell "Peanut Man" Rousey Memorial. Hartwell Speedway is filled with tradition and for the series to be affiliated with the memory of one of Hartwell Speedway's patrons is a distinct pleasure and honor. Several of the areas drivers are expected to join the FUEL regulars for battle on a track that is known to produce some intense racing and exciting finishes. Other divisions scheduled to compete are: Limited Late Model, SECA Late Model, Hobby, Modified Street, Stock V8, Stock Four, & Up Front.

The June 6th trip to Screven Motorsports Complex has been circled on the calendar of many teams. Screven Motor Speedway is no stranger to high profile dirt late model events and the GM CT525 Georgia Shootout will be no different.

Screven is known for side by side racing and it will be interesting to see if the GM 604 crate engines can prevail against the CT525 engines. Screven's unique surface and banking combination offers the prime battlefield for these two engine combinations to compete. Other divisions scheduled to compete include: Super Streets, Road Warriors, Pure Stock V8, Mini Stocks, and Renegade 4's.

For more information about Hartwell Speedway, visit them online (hartwell-speedway.com), on Facebook (Hartwell Speedway), and on Twitter (@HartRacing)

For more information about Screven Motor Speedway and Screven Motorsports Complex, visit them online (screvenmotorsports.com), on Facebook (Screven Motor Sports Complex), and on Twitter (@Screven MSC)

Partners of FUEL Racing Series include: City Chevrolet Performance, Chevrolet Performance, Hoosier Racing Tire, State Water Heaters, Klotz Synthetics, Milwaukee Tool, FK Rod Ends, Heintz Performance, D&E Marine, Performance Tees, JRi Shocks, B&B Motorsports, Mega Plumbing of the Carolinas, Kenny Lamb Racing Engines, KRC Components, Renegade Race Fuels, Integra Racing Shocks, Beyea Headers, VP Racing Fuels, WP Racing Shocks, DRIVEN Oil, ARbodies, Superior Trailers, To The Point, Flag To Flag, Velocita, & Thomas Clarke Performance
    Feb 11-13 2016 Winter Freeze VI World Of Outlaws Super Late Models
    Open Wheel Modifieds & More tba
    SLM & OWM Chassis & Mfg CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
    SYLVANIA GA www.ScrevenMotorSports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    You can run a 525 in supers at just about every super late model track in the country. It fits under super late model engine rules. They don't get concessions everywhere though, and that's the way it should be.
    Which is why nobody will run it, because you are trying to run a motor with barely more than 500 hp against 850 hp motors with everything else the same.

This particular thread is dead, clearly there are a bunch of people against it, and a bunch for it. Either way it does not matter what we think. The only people's who opinion really matters are those of the people who make rules at the tracks and series.

Thanks,
    Jeff.