Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

maybe it will. I'm a 90's kid and grew up on those 90's insane car counts, so naturally the more the marry for me. I do understand the draw backs like some have mentioned: the monotony of qualifying, number of cautions/delays with huge feature like heats. nonetheless, still my style!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    60 bucks for all 3 days certainly is a bargain. Anyone who thinks differently probably has their tickets purchased by their Mom.
    thats a great deal!!!! wish i could make it

Quote Originally Posted by Wet & Tacky View Post
    Racing4Fun, Is pouring salt or whatever it was on the racing surface and rolling it in for days before the race the right way to do it just like that purse distribution is to you?
    what year is this and is there a whole video of races or heats?

Default Thunder Ridge

What a tacky joint.

Depends on when the dtwc is.......guys do go to North Carolina to race they get 80 plus slm......to get 90 is great......the world 100 in 2006 or 2007 had the last big car count 201 cars won't see that again

Flying in from South Dakota for all three nights! Hoping for 80+ like last year and I'll be happy

I was there with a buddy of mine and he was trying to qualify for the 2007 World 100 and they had 203 cars. I will not forget the first year I went to the World 100 in 2004 and they had 215 cars. I pulled in on Thursday at 11a.m. and they had cars all over waiting to get in.

Don't think it will surpass the World 100. In my opinion they should've split the additional 50K. (Put 25K on the top and 25K on the bottom) A 75K to win race would still bring more car counts but you'd get more local/regional drivers with the additional 25K on the bottom.

I can't remember the dream ever overtaking the world in car count.....the million didn't outnumber the world if I remember right. One thing the DTWC has going for it, most tracks are done that time of year. So that adds a few more local regional guys, I don't see it overtaking the world in car count.

The World 100 paid $2000.00 for 2nd place for years and still got lots of cars. Most drivers who you would care to see anyway go to a race like the DTWC to win, not to finish 5th or 6th or so on.

It will bring a few more fans but probably not a dramatic change IMO. He has to draw an extra 825+ fans that by a three day pass to account for the extra 50k. Most ppl that are going to see a 100k race will be the same ones for a 50k race. On the other hand if you spread it thru the purse and bring more cars. You will bring more ppl in that way IMO. Most cars will bring 4+ ppl plus they will be there all weekend and probably buy more concessions than your average spectator. These regional and sub national level drivers are on limited budgets and it has to make sense to go instead of going because it's the DTWC. If they fill they can come out of the weekend and not be in the hole because they can't afford it they will come.
    Last edited by GRT24; 06-08-2015 at 07:24 PM.