Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Carl is known for his Dolly Parton purses. Those don't draw more cars, just more hype.

I think this was $50,000 wasted. We are just going to pay a higher ticket price to see the same thing. It's probably going to pull the same exact drivers that $50,000 to win did. The drivers that know they have a shot at the $100,000 were already at this race.

If he wanted to add hype and cars he should have just taken the extra purse money and made it $5,000 to start . That would draw more cars and more hype than anything. For some guys just being able to make the race would result in their biggest paychecks ever. Only one person gets $100,000 and most guys know they have no shot at all of winning.

I'm not sure what the logic is here. Who's he going to get for 100k he was not going to get for 50k? Unless the start $$$ gets upped, it's just pi$$ing away fifty grand.

Somebody brought up Casey Roberts. There's two Ultimate shows at Cochran that weekend paying $4,000 to win each. Chances are he wins one runs top three in the other. Brings home roughly $6,000. He'd have to run top four or five with the old DTWC payout for the same $$$. Add in the other additional travel costs, and it does not make much sense for a guy to pull up there. It's Lucas sanctioned so their guys will be there no matter how much it pays. He's spending 50k to get a couple of more names, and may actually see his car count decrease.

The old format paid 2500 to start .... That's NOT bad .Fans would be either unwilling or unable to pay the ticket prices associated with this wet dream you guys have of a race paying 100k to win and only dropping a 1000 a spot down to 24 ... Yeah it makes you cream yourself thinking of it but clearly you have never ran a business. I wish you guys would understand the extra 1000 or 1500 you think the race should pay is like pizzing in the wind compared to the expenses incured

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    The old format paid 2500 to start .... That's NOT bad .Fans would be either unwilling or unable to pay the ticket prices associated with this wet dream you guys have of a race paying 100k to win and only dropping a 1000 a spot down to 24 ... Yeah it makes you cream yourself thinking of it but clearly you have never ran a business. I wish you guys would understand the extra 1000 or 1500 you think the race should pay is like pizzing in the wind compared to the expenses incured
    Reading is fundamental. I don't think that anyone is saying putting an extra $50,000 in the purse is a bad thing. It's just not that smart when it's all up top.

His money to waste, and that's what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    And as usual, you took what we all said and went crazy. Don't put that extra fifty at the top. You wanna add 50k, have at it. Put it throughout the ENTIRE field, not for Dolly Parton. They wanna draw more cars etc, not going to happen with this payout. They have a much better location than West Plains, you wanna throw more money at a race, do it how they did.

The same people for 50k is the same people for 100k

Should have taken the money they added and spread it out, but its there nickel..

121 Cars at the WORLD last year, and with Earl's passing this spring I would imagine the WORLD 100 will be the biggest Dirt Late Model race of the year.. Car count included

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Carl is known for his Dolly Parton purses. Those don't draw more cars, just more hype.

What a total idiot. If it wasn't for Carl purses would be nowhere close to what they are now.
    Earl gets all the credit for being the great innovator. For starting the big purses. Nobody ever says boy that Earl pays or now I guess I should say paid Dolly Parton purses.

Well here's a little secret. Earl didn't start the big purses Carl did. Carl and the DTWC paid $30,000 to win while the Worlds 100 was only paying $14,000 to win. Carl and the DTWC were paying $50,000
    to win while the Worlds 100 was only paying $16,000 to win. Oh and the DTWC was paying a thousand to start when the Worlds 100 was only paying $100 to start. But you cut Carl down and say he pays Dolly Parton purses? You're an idiot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post

What a total idiot. If it wasn't for Carl purses would be nowhere close to what they are now.
    Earl gets all the credit for being the great innovator. For starting the big purses. Nobody ever says boy that Earl pays or now I guess I should say paid Dolly Parton purses.

Well here's a little secret. Earl didn't start the big purses Carl did. Carl and the DTWC paid $30,000 to win while the Worlds 100 was only paying $14,000 to win. Carl and the DTWC were paying $50,000
    to win while the Worlds 100 was only paying $16,000 to win. Oh and the DTWC was paying a thousand to start when the Worlds 100 was only paying $100 to start. But you cut Carl down and say he pays Dolly Parton purses? You're an idiot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Racing4Fun View Post

He's done a lot for the sport no doubt. Right now though, that purse is top heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    No, it won't surpass the World 100. They added 50k to the top. If they didn't add it anywhere else, it's of no benefit. You wanna increase car count, $50 k to win, 3500-4000 to start. This is just PR hoopla. Never understood this logic anyhow. A pay out like the Show Me USED TO BE, is what you should shoot for. Then you'll get cars.
    The DTWC had the second most late models of any race last year so they already get cars.

Will they have more than the Worlds 100 this year or any other year? My guess is it is highly unlikely but if you went by purse or who paid what first it should.

But your argument doesn't hold water because that "Show Me" that you refer to never had more cars than the Worlds 100. Not even close and I was there for 3 of them and the crowd was pitiful. I talked to a guy that worked for the Gibsons and he told me they had lost money on every "Show Me". I think that is the main reason they got out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminium Block View Post
    I think this was $50,000 wasted. We are just going to pay a higher ticket price to see the same thing.

I have already ordered my tickets and you are right. $60 for 3 days in the pits is pretty outrageous.

And although I went with a pit pass he even has the nerve to be charging $50 for general admission for the three days.

Especially since all they are having is a $100,000 to win late model feature, a 3 thousand to win Jim Dunn non qualifier race and a $4,000 to win 400 hundred to start mod race that only had 90 something cars last year.

Carl should be ashamed for ripping people off with prices like that. I think you should call him and tell him how bad you think you're getting shafted.

I have already ordered my tickets and you are right. $60 for 3 days in the pits is pretty outrageous.

And although I went with a pit pass he even has the nerve to be charging $50 for general admission for the three days.

Especially since all they are having is a $100,000 to win late model feature, a 3 thousand to win Jim Dunn non qualifier race and a $4,000 to win 400 hundred to start mod race that only had 90 something cars last year.

Carl should be ashamed for ripping people off with prices like that. I think you should call him and tell him how bad you think you're getting shafted.
    Why don't you tell him for us? He's obviously a friend or family member. Either that or you just like calling people idiots for having an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Why don't you tell him for us? He's obviously a friend or family member. Either that or you just like calling people idiots for having an opinion.
    No, I like calling people idiots for being idiots. Like I said I see the people on here saying the DTWC is a dolly Parton purse but let's put it on here with something to compare it to like the World or the Dream that nobody ever says that about. Why do you think that is B_K? The only two races that I know in all of dirt racing that really pays better throughout is Cedar Lake and Knoxville. I might be wrong but I don't think their total purse will be as much as the DTWC. And the thing that most people don't even take into consideration is when the DTWC is run. The third weekend of Oct. when the odds of bad weather are so much greater than bad weather at any of the other big shows. I guess that would have have to make what he does an even bigger gamble.

Oh and when he started it, he didn't have the luxury of the greatest dirt track in the world like Earl did at Eldora, he did it at a dump like Pennsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by Wet & Tacky View Post

Event Purse

Dirt Track World Championship Purse:

1. $50,000, 2. $15,000, 3. $10,000, 4. $7,000, 5. $5,000, 6. $3,500, 7. $3,200, 8. $3,000, 9. $2,800, 10. $2,500, 11. $2,450, 12. $2,400, 13. $2,350, 14. $2,300, 15. $2,250, 16. $2,200, 17. $2,150, 18. $2,100, 19. $2,075, 20. $2,060, 21. $2,050, 22. $2,040, 23. $2,030, 24. $2,020, 25. $2,010, 26. $2,000.

10th to 26th only has a $500 difference.

I said compare Wet & Tacky. Where is the World or the Dream or the North/South? I don't see you on here bashing any of them. Oh that's right, you just joined. Now you too can be a 4M GENIOUS and tell somebody that I feel sure has been promoting longer than you have been living how he needs to pay and how much. Here's a plan, why don't you get a racetrack and show us all how it needs to be done. As smart as you are, I don't see how it can miss.

The DTWC had the second most late models of any race last year so they already get cars.

Will they have more than the Worlds 100 this year or any other year? My guess is it is highly unlikely but if you went by purse or who paid what first it should.

But your argument doesn't hold water because that "Show Me" that you refer to never had more cars than the Worlds 100. Not even close and I was there for 3 of them and the crowd was pitiful. I talked to a guy that worked for the Gibsons and he told me they had lost money on every "Show Me". I think that is the main reason they got out.
    Number one, it's The WORLD 100.

Number two, I said their location is better than West Plains, as it is. They are adding the 50k, it's not as if we are telling them to add the 50k. Simply don't throw it all at the top. Need to learn to read a touch better.

Number three, second is the first loser.

OK, what is your relation to Carl? It doesn't matter what it pays to win, the purse can still be top heavy. You're claiming that a promoter can have a $100,000 to win show and pay $2,000 for second and they should be heralded as some kind of hero? Now who's the idiot? Yep, you.

What drivers have you arm chair promoters talked to that said if the start money was increased they would come ??? 100k to win will have a field stacked with killers and knowing that will keep people away more than and extra thousand to start would bring them