Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

directv does the same (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) thing , we are talking about going cable the bad thing is there are alot other good programming that dish has

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Zone View Post
    Whats this all about bro?
    i have Verizon FIOS Mavtv is chan 810.. luv it!! MY BUDDYS AND I GET 2GETHER EVERY THURSDAY GRILL POUND A FEW COLD 1'S ..... AKA THURSDAY NIGHT THUNDER

My dad has direct. The bill was $10 higher last month for no reason, this has happened several times, he calls an no one can explain why and he's never been credited. He's never home and doesnt watch much tv due to his job. I don't think you can win with any satellite/cable provider.

you got that earlier this year had internet but no phone with charter they came out twice with out fixing it and tried charging us 90 bucks I said oops looks like we are going back to phone co . surprise they cahnge their mind but phone is with vonage

I get the Danica channel on Directv..........

I sure hope y'all aren't relying on Mavtv for your dirt late model action. I have Dish and Mavtv but they show the races like a month later. If you want real up to date late model videos and better coverage cut your DISH and put that money towards dirt on dirt.

amen to that and less bull crap

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    I get the Danica channel on Directv..........
    I don't care about cost now, hook me up!

I might even drop my DoD for that!!

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    amen to that and less bull crap
    Bulls Gap is a great place.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 25 Jay 53 View Post
    I sure hope y'all aren't relying on Mavtv for your dirt late model action. I have Dish and Mavtv but they show the races like a month later. If you want real up to date late model videos and better coverage cut your DISH and put that money towards dirt on dirt.
    Ive got both jay.. So I get my racing fix regardless lol
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Watching dirt racing on TV is slightly better than watching NASCAR on TV, in other words it puts me to sleep. Get off your tush and get to your local track!

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Watching dirt racing on TV is slightly better than watching NASCAR on TV, in other words it puts me to sleep. Get off your tush and get to your local track!
    I do that bud, but still like catching late model on tv I record it and watch them during the week before weekend of dirt racing.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    My dad has direct. The bill was $10 higher last month for no reason, this has happened several times, he calls an no one can explain why and he's never been credited. He's never home and doesnt watch much tv due to his job. I don't think you can win with any satellite/cable provider.
    You can't, and they charge you a month in advance for their service also.

i got rid of cable a month ago and haven't looked back. internet, netflix, and free movie websites are enough for me. 150.00 dollars a month savings x 12, is enough for a vacation to watch the World 100.

have to agree Izzo... We have been w/o cable now for over a year and it sucks at times but the extra grand or so I've saved makes it worth it...

I would but its going to rain all weekend

Quote Originally Posted by IZZOJR16 View Post
    i got rid of cable a month ago and haven't looked back. internet, netflix, and free movie websites are enough for me. 150.00 dollars a month savings x 12, is enough for a vacation to watch the World 100.
    that sounds great but wife don't like that and 170 try 80

It isn't that easy for some folks. TV is the only way for some to enjoy racing.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 Jay 53 View Post
    I doubt anyone that participates on 4m relies on MavTV for Lucas coverage. The point is that MavTV gives DLM racing national coverage on TV. They also cover other forms of dirt racing in the US and around the world. They've got Dave "FRICKIN'" Despain!

I know ol' Forest Lucas is a business man, but he chose to put his marketing dollars into a sport we love and a sport that badly needs those dollars. If we don't support MavTV then it will go away, along with that national exposure and probably a good chunk of those sponsor dollars. And I can tell ya this much, frickin' Dish Network ain't gonna step in and pick up the tab.

MavTV's coverage of the Lucas series ain't for the hardcore fan. They don't even provide great coverage of a race. They do have value beyond that though. They are well produced programs that provide additional content like driver interviews and commentary that are well worth watching. But the most important thing is they do a great job of showing that this sport has just as much (and in my opinion MORE) to offer as NASCAR and helps build interest for casual fans that wouldn't otherwise know about it.

All I wanted to do with this thread was to help channel some of the anger we've got here towards a common enemy...DISH. If it encourages just one person to call Dish up and rip into 'em like they spun your favorite driver down the backstretch on the last lap, then it was worth it. LOL

For those lacking MavTV (myself included, because I am too cheap to pay TWC extra for it) Lucas Oil DLM series has been shown recently on NBC Sports Net on a program called "MotorSports Hour"
    Check your local guide for showtimes in your area
    Last edited by RiffRaf67; 10-13-2015 at 04:32 PM. Reason: added program title lacking from original post
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.