Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Races

Default Match Races

Since the PGA has a one on one competition, why can't dlm racing? I propose $1,000 to enter, $100,000 to the winner. Two day show.Drivers draw for line-up.Run 3 8 lap heats.Best 2 out of three to advance.

What do you think? What would you do if it was your race?

Got one question?

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Zone View Post
    Got one question?
    OK.....shoot

Where the hell you gonna come up with $100,000??

That will come from the track that promotes it. Most of it should come from entry fees.

Earl ain't with us anymore, and even then you had to pry his wallet open with the jaws of life!

I like the idea, but good luck with that sum of funds.

That would be pretty hard to make that 100k mostly off entry fee. You would need 80 car+ count. Just so the promoter not get hit to hard out his pocket.

I don't think the purse would be an issue, it would almost be paid for by the entry fees. I guess the big question is, would the fans support it for 2 days?

Well probably more than 80 because you got pay the rest of the car. Just get 80-100 is very big deal this days

I've seen a few King of the Hill races over the years that are a tournament of 1 on 1 races. They were all kinda boring. I don't think making it any bigger is going to make it any less boring.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by 25drtrkr View Post
    I don't think the purse would be an issue, it would almost be paid for by the entry fees. I guess the big question is, would the fans support it for 2 days?
    You think you can get enough entries to cover that. How much would 2nd, 3rd and so on get.

If you can draw approx. 100 for the $50k to win (DTWC), surely 100 plus would show up for a $100k!

I really don't think you can sell that many tickets to the idea, put it's guys like you 25drt bla bla bla who come up with this stuff and make it happen. Yore gonna have to sell the hell out of this thing and get the people to pay big bucks tho. Not saying ya can't do it, just don't seem practical to me.

Better hope the attending audience likes to drink a lot of beer for what NASCAR sells it at too... But you CAN do this!!!!

I really don't think you can sell that many tickets to the idea, put it's guys like you 25drt bla bla bla who come up with this stuff and make it happen. Yore gonna have to sell the hell out of this thing and get the people to pay big bucks tho. Not saying ya can't do it, just don't seem practical to me.

Better hope the attending audience likes to drink a lot of beer for what NASCAR sells it at too... But you CAN do this!!!!
    So I need to get Humpy involved? lol

Quote Originally Posted by 25drtrkr View Post
    So I need to get Humpy involved? lol
    I'd talk to Tony Stewart.

Yeah speed it wouldn't be practical but you need someone who willing just to do it not trying turn a kind of profit at all. How many late mode member does 4m have? 100? 1000?

Hey, do you know how "Humpy" got that nick name?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I've seen a few King of the Hill races over the years that are a tournament of 1 on 1 races. They were all kinda boring. I don't think making it any bigger is going to make it any less boring.
    Yeah, I was wondering if the racing would be any good. It would probly depend on what track would host it.

Hey, do you know how "Humpy" got that nick name?
    ....anybody?

Well I'm gonna tell ya.

His father had played football at the University of Illinois, he was caught smoking Camel cigarettes, earning the name "Humpy" for the camel's hump. His father's friends then began calling him "Humpy Jr." Growing up through high school, college football, and then racing, the name "Humpy" has stuck with him.

Howard Augustine "Humpy" Wheeler, Jr. (born October 23, 1938 in Belmont, North Carolina, U.S.A) is the former President and General Manager of Charlotte Motor Speedway, one of the premier auto racing venues owned by Bruton Smith's Speedway Motorsports, Inc. Better known as H.A. or "Humpy" Wheeler, he has long been known as one of the foremost promoters of NASCAR auto racing.