Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No sandbagging for my boy this year. Woohoo. Get to see Bloomer lay it down 3 nights instead of just 1.
    Scott Kleindorfer

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    you are not old school if you don't like inverts just saying
    Correct, you are
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

So best point guy after 2 nights gets pole in heat 1, 2nd best pole in heat 2? Hate to say it but I hope some top guys have bad luck 1st 2 nights to watch them put on a show in Saturday heats

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Hey litey why don't you take another vacation and leave people alone on here...... Things were just fine while you were gone ya moron!!
    I see you got your wish! I was wondering if the mods were watching his posts. I guess they were, good riddens!

Just a move to MAKE them all run every night. Is there a better point to be made?

So with this format , say car #1 finishes 5th on Thursday and 6th on Friday his average finish is 5.5 , right. What if car #2 shows up only on Thursday or Friday only and finishes 3rd , does that make his average finish 3rd (only race he's ran) ?

If this is true , if I'm a "big" name racer and I'm there for the $100,000 and I finish high up Thursday , then why not take Friday off to keep the high finish for good starting spot Saturday, you never know you could have a flat or not even make the show Friday hurting yourself.

Wouldn't be surprised if that happens if it is.
    If your getting passed,YOUR AS SLOW AS ME !!!!

dam format sounds like a catch 22

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    heasts still invert any passing points too like i-80 and knoville?
    I-80 is a two round passing point event. Where you finish in the first round has no affect on where you line up in round 2. The second heats are inverted and shuffled based on first round lineups. Lineups for both rounds are set before the program begins.

Knoxville is point based format. You get points every time you are on the track. 500 points possible. 200 in time trials, 100 in heat, 200 in feature. Heats are inverted 6 or 8 now. Feature is inverted 8 based on time trials on preliminary nights.

Quote Originally Posted by lokwaidid View Post
    in this race, where all front six cars have won their heats, how does an invert make a difference? if you have a better car or you are a better driver, with 100 laps to race, you should be able to make it to the front. no one is involved in the invert except the heat race winners.
    It definitely makes a difference, especially at a big track like Eldora that is very aero dependent. Depending on what heat race you run the track can be very tacky and everyone can run wide open at bottom (early heats)or dry slick and one lane (later heats) and you simply cant pass. If you get close to a car you loose your nose and push in the corner. Go back and look at the heats, you will see that are usually heats where there are no passing whatsoever after the first corner on the start. It happens every year you have cars that are 3/10 faster who start 6th and cant overcome the invert because you just cant overcome the aero push at that place. That is why you often see the cars strung out single file wide ass open and every car looks like they are running exactly about 4 car lengths from the car in front of them. That is as close as they can get because if the close up any more they get an aero push and the car slides up the track in the corner. That's why you see fast cars with star drivers every year that cant overcome the invert and race into the field depending on their heat race no matter how much faster they are. Inverts can be okay sometimes, but I don't think you should ever invert more cars than you plan to transfer out of a heat. You should never let the spin of a wheel take precedence over a drivers hard work to make a car fast. For example, if you want to invert at Eldora, fine but only invert 4 cars if you are only going to transfer 4 out of a heat race. Do take someone out of chance to race the top race of the year because a spin of the wheel. Might as well just have them draw a number when they come in the gate and take top 24 and put them in the race. At least that way the drivers would have wasted money and torn up cars to let a spin of a wheel decide the starting line up.

Racing in general is a losing battle. Nobody in their right mind would bet $50,000 to win $100,000, their you go format and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill31 View Post
    So with this format , say car #1 finishes 5th on Thursday and 6th on Friday his average finish is 5.5 , right. What if car #2 shows up only on Thursday or Friday only and finishes 3rd , does that make his average finish 3rd (only race he's ran) ?If this is true , if I'm a "big" name racer and I'm there for the $100,000 and I finish high up Thursday , then why not take Friday off to keep the high finish for good starting spot Saturday, you never know you could have a flat or not even make the show Friday hurting yourself.Wouldn't be surprised if that happens if it is.
    Average finish means they have to run both nights