Default Inverts or No Inverts?

As a fan I love the inverts. Makes the racing a ton better. I feel like the inverts were put in place for the fans. If no fans there is no racing.
    Inverts at Eldora are the bomb. I like it best when they draw a 6. Reminds of the Old Baltes days when I they always inverted 6.
    Last edited by In The Gas; 05-16-2015 at 01:17 PM.

I like the invert also, makes the heat races much better. Love to watch the fastest cars start in the 3rd or 4th row.

Inverts are just a slower death for the not so fast cars. But it does in some cases help the slower cars. It's a toss up.

Quote Originally Posted by JK4745 View Post
    I like the invert also, makes the heat races much better. Love to watch the fastest cars start in the 3rd or 4th row.
    It can make for better racing sometimes yes.

I don't mind inverts in the heats so long as they don't make time trials completely useless. 4 or 6 cars depending on how many cars are in the heat.

If you're running a pill draw format, then I don't think any invert makes sense. Run the show straight up after heats.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Inverts are ok as long as there is suitable laps for a guy to race to the front. 1/2 mile-minimum 15 laps. 3/8-20 laps.
    8/13/16

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Inverts are ok as long as there is suitable laps for a guy to race to the front. 1/2 mile-minimum 15 laps. 3/8-20 laps.

I always thought the same way as you on the inverts HH as long as there are enough laps for them to race out of the middle to the front then I'm ok with the inverts....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Draw me 4!
    Scott Kleindorfer

Its a big dilemma for me! The racer in me says no, put the fastest cars up front, but the fan in me says yes. Its probly just a matter if I'm working on a car or just watching as a fan.

If the car that sets quick time, wins heat and feature from pole I don't consider that a good night for fans. Nobody should get the big check without passing a car all night

Inverts make the races is exciting for the fans. As a fan I don't like when I fast guy doesn't make it but a nobody does just because he started up front. It is like you took something away form the racer that timed in faster and gave a bonus to the guy that timed in slower. As a racer the inverts can be discouraging when you are in a stacked heat and the track is not suitable for passing. With both being said, I would rather see inverts.

I have ALWAYS hated the term, "make the fast cars work for it", guess what, they already have worked for it!! They set fast time! That is not an easy task. inverts have loaded alot of good, fast cars over the years and let some smuck that didn't deserve it, into the world 100 to run dead last instead of a driver who could have made a run to the front... jmo

Inverts, The BIGGER the BETTER for me.
    I pay to see passing NOT freight trains!!!

if ya invert them give some points are somethin for passing. harder tostart sixth and win than from on pole. i don't like penalizin faster timers. at fals you could hear em let off gas when they had inverts

For big shows I think straight up is best, maybe invert up to six for a heat (like Eldora used to), but I believe straight up starts has killed weekly racing. In the old days the little guy could start on the pole of the slow heat and still win, get his picture taken and the whole nine yards...it kept him interested and motivated (i.e. - coming back for more). Tracks don't lose their "king pins" until they retire, but they lose all the little guys because their's no realistic chance at them winning so much as a heat race. Which, in the end, adds up to your ten and twelve car fields.

There is a lot of difference between a good qualifier and a good racer. Just how many of us, came to see qualifying? If qualifying determines the race winner, what if any, is the reason, to stay for the race?

The real trouble is, not all tracks are really racy. Whether it's banking, dirt or prep, it's just hard to pass at some tracks. I really don't care if it's a momentum track and they slide job their way to the front, or dog it out side by side on a multi groove track. Just as long as they can pass. If they can't, I'll pass on going there. I really like the passing points format.

went to a local "Big Block" style Modified race this past weekend at Legion Speedway in New Hampshire. the winner came from 14th in 30 laps on a 1/4 with one caution on lap 2. sure as heck beats heads up starts that are all to common down south.
    www.ctcphotos.com

http://www.ctcphotos.com/hommel.htm

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Inversions make better racing. However, it is the track's responsibility to have a track that the racers can pass on, and give them enough laps in the feature to do that passing.

Grandview PA has one of the most successful weekly shows in the nation. 3 premium classes (Small Block Mod, Sportsman Mod & Semi-Lates). The use points average to invert. Completely inverted heats, and features are usually inverted 12 to 14. You often see winners come from way back there. They also always get strong car counts.